Masha Allah. New Arabic Somali song

Status
Not open for further replies.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
This song is lame as f*ck. It ain't even that "sounds like i'm crying over the loss of my mother" arabic music. This is just arabic music. At least add some fucking soul into it. Cry out man.

It was a nice video with a good message and the song wasn't actually bad to listen to. It gives a new site of how Somalia looks and exposes it's beauty to the Arab world.
There are Turkish/english/ and even Italian Somali songs, but not a peep. When it's Arabic though, fanatics flock in to bash it just because it's in the Arabic language. f*ck off

It's a good song that's getting a lot of praise

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
It was a nice video with a good message and the song wasn't actually bad to listen to. It gives a new site of how Somalia looks and exposes it's beauty to the Arab world.
There are Turkish/english/ and even Italian Somali songs, but not a peep. When it's Arabic though, fanatics flock in to bash it just because it's in the Arabic language. f*ck off

No one is mocking the message. We're mocking how lame this song is fam.

No one is mocking the message. We're mocking how lame this song is fam.
How's it bad? what's lame about it? the chorus is nice, his vocals aren't off, and the lyrics are nice with a good message, and it's also getting a lot of praise from it's intended audience. So how is the song "lame"

This song is lame as f*ck. It ain't even that "sounds like i'm crying over the loss of my mother" arabic music. This is just arabic music. At least add some fucking soul into it. Cry out man.
The beats where bad too, if this song is going to represent Xamar, they should at the very least add Tradional Somali insturmint's. Like a Kaban, or Drums, or flutes. But no, they had to use electronic instruments as usual. Wallahi I miss Kaban and instrumental Somali music. It's all but dead now.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
How's it bad? what's lame about it? the chorus is nice, his vocals aren't off, and the lyrics are nice with a good message, and it's also getting a lot of praise from it's intended audience. So how is the song "lame"
THE GOD DAMN MUSIC GOD DAMMIT! THE BEAT, THE ENERGY, THE VOICE, THE FLOW! IT'S ALL LAME FAM!

THE GOD DAMN MUSIC GOD DAMMIT! THE BEAT, THE ENERGY, THE VOICE, THE FLOW! IT'S ALL LAME FAM!
It's an upbeat joyfull happy hopeful/nationalistic song and it conveys that perfectly in the beat from 1:05 to 1:30 isn't. WTF did you expect, If hip hop or heavy metal

We don't dislike it because it's in Arabee, we dislike it because it's a bad song. Should represent Xamar way more with insturmint's such as the Kaban. Instead of eletroelec instruments. It also feels empty. Like it has no soul like @Knowles said.

The beats where bad too, if this song is going to represent Xamar, they should at the very least add Tradional Somali insturmint's. Like a Kaban, or Drums, or flutes. But no, they had to use electronic instruments as usual. Wallahi I miss Kaban and instrumental Somali music. It's all but dead now.
That's the dumbest point, so you are saying it's a bad song purely bc they don't use Somali instruments and too much electronics. Well Kiin Jaamac Yare's Gaaro is exactly like that and it was a bang song. that's not a good critique

It all just comes down to opinion and taste, in your opinion it's bad and to the fast majority of others who watched the original video it was good. And I liked it as well, it was an upbeat joyful nationalistic song that represented Somalia in a good light to a non Somali people

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
That's the dumbest point, so you are saying it's a bad song purely bc they don't use Somali instruments and too much electronics. Well Kiin Jaamac Yare's Gaaro is exactly like that and it was a bang song. and that's not a good critique

It all just comes down to opinion and taste, in your opinion it's bad and to the fast majority of others who watched the original video it was good. And I liked it as well, it was an upbeat choyfull nationalistic song that represented Somalia in a good light to a non Somali people
Why is he singing about Somalia in Arabic? Why couldn't he do it in afsomali song?

Why is he singing about Somalia in Arabic? Why couldn't he do it in afsomali song?
And there it is, it's all about the fact that he spoke in Arabic that's the issue here. Not the song it self, it's a pretty good joyful song.
He spoke Arabic because the video was intended for Arabs and it's point was to show them how beautiful and peaceful Somalia is getting because it's youth.

That's the dumbest point, so you are saying it's a bad song purely bc they don't use Somali instruments and too much electronics. Well Kiin Jaamac Yare's Gaaro is exactly like that and it was a bang song. that's not a good critique

It all just comes down to opinion and taste, in your opinion it's bad and to the fast majority of others who watched the original video it was good. And I liked it as well, it was an upbeat choyfull nationalistic song that represented Somalia in a good light to a non Somali people
Yes, I'm saying it's a bad song because of that. You know why? Because, if he decides to represent our nation to the outside world, I expect our culture. Kiin Jamaac is a different story, she is not representing our nation and culture with her songs, he is.

Inshallah, someone makes a Somali national song representing our culture and heritage like we used to post civil war.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
And there it is, it's all about the fact that he spoke in Arabic that's the issue here. Not the song it self, it's a pretty good joyful song.
He spoke Arabic because the video was intended for Arabs and it's point was to show them how beautiful and peaceful Somalia is getting because it's youth.

In that case, he should also sing in English, Mandarin, Spanish, German and Dutch since he wants to show how peaceful Somalia is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending