Marrying out and Somali self-hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20171125_205151.jpg

You are scared. You have admitted it for the others who have simply dismissed this as "a few qumayos on Twitter"

And I'm bada ba ba ba lovin' it.

full

Speaking of selfhate I got s scenario say if s Guy/girl bring home someone they want to marry But the parents refuse to allow the marriage due to qabiil

So the kid brings an ajnaabi snd the parents approve

Whose the selfhater the kid or the parents?

The parents are, but the kid should be brave and tell his parents they're self-haters.

Only the bottom of the barrel are obsessed with ethnic pride. Ethnicity is the last thing humans have and the go to when you can't be proud of your religion or family or money or job or life lol

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
You exist :drakewtf: you'll exist regardless til you die

The cosmopolitanism you propose doesn't really work in real life.

If you're comfortable with your blond haired great grandkid talking about how one of his ancestors was from Somolia somewhere in Africa, that's on you.

I want my descendants arguing on whatever the internet becomes about the glory of Reer Bahal

:russsmug:

My thinking is, if you truly love the person for who they are; who am I to judge. I never really understood the hatred somebpeople spew about xalimos/abdis marrying out. To be honest most peoplr who complain about this seems to be projecting their insecurities to others.

Only the bottom of the barrel are obsessed with ethnic pride. Ethnicity is the last thing humans have and the go to when you can't be proud of your religion or family or money or job or life lol
Thats true for some whose (false) 'pride' is born out of insecurity, those types usually spend most of their energy bashing others. You can love and feel proud of your ethnic group the way you would your family bc its like an extended family. Ethnicity is a part of who you are the way your deen is, its not about hating others but loving your own people. Nationalism is a good thing.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
A memo to Boqol and the fake nationalists here.

Embrace the future with open arms, or you will be left sleeping and shitting under a qurac tree.

Fake nationalist?

Look, there are obvious issues in our community that we must address.

That doesn't mean totally abandoning everything that makes you Somali.

I want to fix the Somali race, not erase it.

The cosmopolitanism you propose doesn't really work in real life.

If you're comfortable with your blond haired great grandkid talking about how one of his ancestors was from Somolia somewhere in Africa, that's on you.

I want my descendants arguing on whatever the internet becomes about the glory of Reer Bahal

:russsmug:
Don't care :manny: I 'll be long gone. All your ancestors weren't somali and all your descendants won't be either :manny:

Thats true for some whose (false) 'pride' is born out of insecurity, those types usually spend most of their energy bashing others. You can love and feel proud of your ethnic group the way you would your family bc its like an extended family. Ethnicity is a part of who you are the way your deen is, its not about hating others but loving your own people. Nationalism is a good thing.
nationalism is haram. If you mean liking your culture and people that's not nationalism and it's normal. And this actually sounds a lot like hating others (The OP)

nationalism is haram. If you mean liking your culture and people that's not nationalism and it's normal. And this actually sounds a lot like hating others (The OP)
That is nationalism and its not haram. Whats haram is the type of nationalism that is based on hating others, thinking you're better than others etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending