Marrying other then your own

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
I know this might sound like a contradiction, but why do successful Somali men marry outside their culture?

It's the opposite for
Somali women. Majority stick to their own. And when we do marry outside our own we get crictizied.

Somali men once they make it they forget the scarfice their mothers made for them when they were young , all that blood and sweat their mothers invested in them is gone to loss by them marrying a non Somali who's not Muslim either.

Why don't we marry one another and celebrate each others success?
Better to marry someone who faced the same struggles as you.

This happens with African American men too, they like white es who can't even cook chicken.

Last edited:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
When you up the western social ladder. You get more access to better networks, opportunity, women/men and more but it's less black

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
When you up the western social ladder. You get more access to better networks, opportunity, women/men and more but it's less black

Look at ilhan Omar, she married a man who drives a taxi , she has phD and good networks, but she's smart and married her own.

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
Only a few successful Somalis do that.Stop making it a big deal and stop using African Americans as an example.This issue isn't as prevalent in our society as it is in their's.

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
Look at this way. The women I flirt at work are not Somali, when I go out to events I don't meet Somali women, my social circle does not have any somali women in it . Now whats the probability I'll end up with one? It's very miniscule

I know this might sound like a contradiction, but why do successful Somali men marry outside their culture?

It's the opposite for
Somali women. Majority stick to their own. And when we do marry outside our own we get crictizied.

Somali men once they make it they forget the scarfice their mothers made for them when they were young , all that blood and sweat their mothers invested in them is gone to loss by them marrying a non Somali who's not Muslim either.

Why don't we marry one another and celebrate each others success?
Better to marry someone who faced the same struggles as you.

This happens with African American men too, they like white es who can't even cook chicken.
Please don’t don’t put Somalis in the same sentence as African Americans, majority of them look down on their women, The interracial relationship within Somali community is not that huge.

majority of mixed kids tend to also marry out, so within at least three generations their somalinimo is gone. Their 25% ass ain’t even Somali.

You are complaining that successful Somali men forget the sacrifice of their mothers and marry out and tell them to stick to their own and simultaneously you brag about being engaged to a Bosnian. Either stick to your own yourself or leave us alone.
:drakewtf:

Lostbox

VIP
Look at ilhan Omar, she married a man who drives a taxi , she has phD and good networks, but she's smart and married her own.
That's was before she was successful. Look at her now.

:pachah1:

You think your average Abdi, whose at school, who gets eyed by Somali women, who are basically invisible to him, will settle for them?

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

You know they aren't going to get the good looking ones till they have some worth

Last edited:

Lostbox

VIP
You are complaining that successful Somali men forget the sacrifice of their mothers and marry out and tell them to stick to their own and simultaneously you brag about being engaged to a Bosnian. Either stick to your own yourself or leave us alone.

She the one that married the bosnian guy?
:gucciwhat:

Such blatant hypocrisy
:farmajoyaab:

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP

My case is different I live in a area where there's no Somali, and my family were close to the Bosnian family. Basically we grew up together.

Trending

Latest posts