Marriage Great Sign of Allah

Excerpt from Tariq Jameel’s speeches.

In several places in Quran, Allah mentions his signs.

“..and the [great] ships which sail through the sea with that which benefits people..” (2:164)

“..and We send down from the sky pure water” (25:48)

“And of His signs is that He created you from dust..” (30:20)

Isn’t this a sign? We acknowledge this.

“And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth..” (30:22)

Indeed, this is a sign.

“And one of His signs is your sleep by night and by day..” (30:23)

Surely, this is a sign.

“And one of His signs is that He shows you lightning, inspiring ˹you with˺ hope and fear.” (30:24)

Yes, this is a sign.

“And of His signs is that the heaven and earth stand [i.e., remain] by His command.” (30:25)

“And of His signs is that He sends the winds as bringers of good tidings and to let you taste His mercy [i.e., rain]..” (30:46)

All the verses that I have mentioned, we would all agree heavens, earth, rain, lightning these are all great signs.

I am going to now recite that verse that you may not have looked at it from this perspective or focused towards. What is Allah bringing forth as one of his great signs? Now listen.

“And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquility in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought.” (30:21)

Not every relationship has Allah specifically mentioned as one of His signs. Allah created relationship between parent and child but Allah didn’t mention this to be one of His signs. Allah created relationships between grandparents, grandchildren, aunts, uncles but didn’t mention any of these as one of His signs.

Allah is saying if only we reflect! Then the relationship between husband and wife is one of His great signs. This indicates the importance of this relationship.

Have the husbands and wives ever thought this relationship of theirs is a sign of Allah?

I'm serious, I don't see myself getting married. Maybe my view will change one day. But I have no intention of not having children, because I am extremely afraid of. I am not ready for it and I am in my mid 20s…

Especially I don't come from a country where are many Somalis. And no, I will not go to Somalia and get married there. Will this have any consequences from an Islamic perspective?

Trending

Latest posts