Map of the somali dialects

Hamzza

VIP
This is the Governor of Mudug Galmudug, he speaks like typical Hawiye
This is the Governor of Mudug Puntland he is speaking like typical Darood
@Som

For reference, this is Gudoomiyaha Caabudwaaq speaking

In short, Clans play a bigger role than geographical proximity when it comes to dialectal differences in Somali language, that is why the Governor of Northern Mudug sounds more like the Governor of Abudwaq compared to his immediate neighbour in Southern Mudug.

Qofwalan

house of samatalis
I’ve heard Xawadle and gaaljecel from hiran using words like maandhay, nabe, xaa instead of maxaa etc more so then some wacaysles and coastal wacbudhans. Ofcourse there are small differences but I think reer rural hirshabelle speak closer accents to eachother regardless of clan (excluding most Madowweyne) than muqdishaawis who share a accent with eachother be them abgaal or not
Mandhow and maandhay is common I thought it was exclusively xl

Som

VIP
This is the Governor of Mudug Galmudug side, he speaks like typical Hawiye
This is the Governor of Mudug Puntland side, he is speaking like typical Darood
It really depends on their upbringing. There are Isaaq the who may sound Southern cause they grew up in Xamar. Hawiye in central Somalia have a different accent from the ones in the south. You should check old folks speaking, many Hawiye younger than 60 probably lived many years in Xamar at some point so their accent is not the same as the original one from Galgaduud.
Check this out
Reer baadiye from Galmudug seeking refugee in PL because of water shortage. These people are most likely Hawiye. If you listens to the older dude starting minute 1: 10 he sounds like a slightly less enfatic version MJs from PL

Som

VIP
This is the Governor of Mudug Galmudug side, he speaks like typical Hawiye
This is the Governor of Mudug Puntland side, he is speaking like typical Darood
The Mudug side governor was probably born in Xamar. Im darood and I have many relatives born or raised in Xamar and lived there for most of their childhood, teenage years and young adult life. I'd say their accent sounds more southern than this guy

Som

VIP
No such thing as MJ or Darood accent, and MJ from Mudug sounds different to one in bari. People in Mudug whether Hawiye, Dir or MJ speak similarly.
I agree. Accent is tied to geography. Again i know MJs from PL who speak by adding "nooh" after every sentence cause they were raised in Xamar