Map of medieval caravan routes connecting to coastal markets in Somaliweyn

Shows that most Somalis originated in the north I wonder what was going on in the inter-riverine areas around that time with the Somalis there
i kinda want to see this part of his dataset haha

1703020024551.png

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
Shows that most Somalis originated in the north I wonder what was going on in the inter-riverine areas around that time with the Somalis there

They have only covered the North at this present time, if the Somali government actually invited this Spanish team and gave them funding plus protection, they could make a similar map of the South-Central regions which also connected to the routes of the North and the Ogaden.

This is why this whole notion that Somalis were never united is BS, because this was one big intricate nervous system that tied everyone from the nomads, to the urbanites, to the merchants, to the Sultans, to the Scholars all together through these trade roads and sea lanes.

Emir of Zayla

π•Ήπ–†π–™π–Žπ–”π–“ 𝖔𝖋 π•»π–”π–Šπ–™π–˜
They have only covered the North at this present time, if the Somali government actually invited this Spanish team and gave them funding plus protection, they could make a similar map of the South-Central regions which also connected to the routes of the North and the Ogaden.

This is why this whole notion that Somalis were never united is BS, because this was one big intricate nervous system that tied everyone from the nomads, to the urbanites, to the merchants, to the Sultans, to the Scholars all together through these trade roads and sea lanes.
I’d love to see these trade routes researched further by future archaeological teams, perhaps we could find how Islam, culture, and Somali migrations spread in Somaliweyn?