Man gets 10 years for punching woman over N-word

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...5eac230e514_story.html?utm_term=.1bc038d1cb27

The verbal exchange lasted only 45 seconds. Robert Coleman threw one punch.

Fedelia Montiel-Benitez died in a hospital 10 days later, and Coleman will now most likely go to prison for 10 years for second-degree murder.

He was found guilty at trial in Alexandria Circuit Court on Monday after arguing unsuccessfully that while he did punch Montiel-Benitez in a 7-Eleven last July, he had no intention of killing her.

Coleman, 27, told detectives Montiel-Benitez called him the n-word, and he snapped. Prosecutors claimed the 39-year-old woman did not speak enough English to use such a slur — and that even if she had, it did not justify Coleman’s response.

“Words alone” are no reason to kill, Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney David Lord said in closing arguments.

“We of course remain disappointed that they didn't see it as manslaughter,” Coleman’s attorney, Robert Jenkins, said after the jury returned. He said Coleman and his family were “grateful” for the jury’s recommended sentence, given that second-degree murder can carry a punishment of up to 40 years. It reflected, Jenkins said, “that this was not something that he wanted to happen, that he did not intend to take someone’s life.”
---------------------------------------------------

Lesson here. One heat of the moment can ruin your life

Welp a racist stinky hairy immigrant died and a Madow got put in prison all within the space of 45 seconds. What a time to be alive.:siilaanyosmile:

Welp a racist stinky hairy immigrant died and a Madow got put in prison all within the space of 45 seconds. What a time to be alive.:siilaanyosmile:
He punched a woman so hard she died. I dont know man....I could never do that no matter what she called me

He punched a woman so hard she died. I dont know man....I could never do that no matter what she called me
I could never do that as well but none of us are that guy and she was acting like an asshole so it seems the trash from humanities garbage can got put back in. Either way :manny:

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Well if youre trying to justify a murder with her calling you the n Word maybe you deserve to go jail

I could never do that as well but none of us are that guy and she was acting like an asshole so it seems the trash from humanities garbage can got put back in. Either way :manny:
But she is dead....this is his defense. She called me the N word. I mean racism is the only excuse one can come up with for punching a woman. So he could very well be lying

But she is dead....this is his defense. She called me the N word. I mean racism is the only excuse one can come up with for punching a woman. So he could very well be lying
Not many people know it but Mexicans are seriously racist against black people I very much doubt he's lying. Then again why would he just punch someone over an inoffensive argument.

Not many people know it but Mexicans are seriously racist against black people I very much doubt he's lying. Then again why would he just punch someone over an inoffensive argument.
Trust me Mexicans are one of the least racist people around, they are largely miskeen from my experience. Everyone’s mad racist against madows, including their brothers from West Africa. Us Somalis have no room to call other people racist when we damn well know we are some of the most racist and closed off people in the world.
:pachah1:
This man should have just insulted her back and moved on. I would just laugh at a racist and ridicule them instead of getting mad like they want. The n-word is kryptonite to madows when it literally only means “black”.
:kodaksmiley:

Trust me Mexicans are one of the least racist people around, they are largely miskeen from my experience. Everyone’s mad racist against madows, including their brothers from West Africa. Us Somalis have no room to call other people racist when we damn well know we are some of the most racist and closed off people in the world.
:pachah1:
This man should have just insulted her back and moved on. I would just laugh at a racist and ridicule them instead of getting mad like they want. The n-word is kryptonite to madows when it literally only means “black”.
:kodaksmiley:
Welp the foriegn ones are from what I've read also that last bit you said. Do you honestly think the n-word just means black?:ummhmm:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
"Prosecutors claimed the 39-year-old woman did not speak enough English to use such a slur "

Lies. I worked in Human resources many years ago, mexican women would call africans and black american the N word. Even one called a liberian a monkey for climbing ladder so quickly. And then these same women when they see a blonde white man, they get heart palpitation, flicker their eyes, and swear they will cheat on their husband with the blonde guy who was a gym junkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts