malid, who celebrates? what are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angrycat

not so sad after all
I know it past, but I'm curious. despite their sufistic tendencies, I don't know a single somali who celebrates it, although it was supposedly a big thing back home. Is it different for uk muslims perhaps?

as for me, it seems useless to celebrate because the Prophet (sallallahu calayhi wasallam) already told us we only have two eids. (although I think some scholars say it's permissible so to each their own)

S

syntax

I don't celebrate it but both sides get annoying. So many Muslims get butthurt when others decide to celebrate it, some even going as far as calling them kufars and shit. And on the other hand, the people who celebrate are always trying to convince you why you should celebrate. It's just annoying as f*ck. If you wanna remember the prophet do it everyday instead of singling out just one day. Reminds me of cadaan people. They treat their parents like shit throughout the year, not all but a lot do, and on mothers and father's day shower them with gifts and kindness. Pretty fucked up when u think about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending