Majerteniya Kingdom Wasn't Perfect

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I gathered up some local information about the colonial period in Somalia which is 'verifiable' and 'rational' as I can see it 'replicated' even in Today Somalia. The way I test if something is true from the past is you should be able to see some 'remnants' of it today or else it's highly unlikely to be true.

Anyways back to the Majerteniya Kingdom for all the administration and development strides it reached and keeping with the old world that it existed in, it wasn't a perfect kingdom, it made some strategic mistakes and some strategic successes geo-politically at the time. I won't discuss to much the 'internal dynamics' of the kingdom as that requires another 'essay' but this will be a purely a strategic analysis where it succeeded and failed geo-politically.

1. Sending 'arms' and giving Darawish access to our ports was a great move to keep the commonwealth from taking the ottoman empire last 'port' in the red-sea. They already knocked out Egypt-Sudan coastal axis of the ottomans at the time while their was huge 'Mahdi rebellion' happening Sudan. They also 'armed' up the 'Najdi' Saudis to 'eliminate' the hijazi allied ottomans in 'jeddah' who later was told to move to 'jordan' an establish their kingdom there.

2. Their alliance with Italy was good in the fact they weren't anti ottoman and PL could continue it's relations with the 'ottoman sphere and its allies' while remaining obviously 'outside' of it and Independent. Similar to how we are in Somalia, we are apart of Somalia but we are totally 'independent' of it at the same time. PL seems to like these type of local or geopolitical relationships.

3. Their two kingdom alliance with Italy to 'cede' Galmudug to the Kingdom was 'strategical'. The colonials wanted 'anything' beyond 'beletwayn' and 'settlement' areas as their easier to 'administer and control' a settled population, plus their was a 'vacuum' due to the sacking of the 'sultan' who managed the south. This was very good strategic move by Puntites, as the settled people need 'governance' their not 'moving' population, I mean look at mogadishu in 91, any 'administration' then no 'administration'.

4. The Italians as bad as colonials were to locals, deeply invested in the south, as they wanted it to be their 'second home', they didn't want it be like North in SL where everything gets looted and shipped to London similar to the India story and the people are disenfranchised. English had no 'settlement' plans for the north which means there would've been no point too empower them beyond 'arming' them up to ensure the 'coastal' territories do not fall to other colonials.

Now the Key Mistakes The kingdom made was after it was destroyed and they came under Italy, we still didn't participate in the colony, only a 'small section of the old kingdom and their families' relocated to Mogadishu, not our people who were still 'fiercely' independent and felt defeated.

I know my grandfather never saw Muqdisho till 1960's when a Somali government was declared. A-lot of people do not know this but I was told by my mother, the Italians and British offered to build a university for Galkacyo but they refused fearing it was 'colonial school like berbera'.

So the big mistake we made was we didn't benefit from the colonials like the southern clans did in terms of knowledge transfer, we went to 'Mogadishu' as 'reer badiyes' and we still are in the sense mentally speaking. That's why for example my clan bah dubays(which is like 90%) interior clans in PL/SL/GM only had the opportunity to build upon from the 1960's taking advantage of the Italian inherited institutions. Our leaders didn't see the 'foresight' that 'knowledge' isn't 'colonial', you can ensure the 'knowledge is secular' and not 'religious' and why people in the world today 'stress' for a world that is secular because they fear you pollute their kids with your religion.

I still see this unfortunate backwardness in PL and to some extent Ogadens who I think this sort of thinking has been inherited from(the sayid) as he is very much respected in poetic societies of the interior regions of PL, it's time we change course on this legacy of not accepting 'secularism or anything outside Islam or Somalinimo' and not repeat the same mistakes of the past where we didn't accept british and italian colonials request to 'invest into education facilities' in PL, our leaders shortsightedness and lack of understanding that the world is shifting kept our population 'dumb and stupid' and un-prepared for a changing world and the only victims are the people who are now not able to perform in the world as their leaders focus on 'identity/religious preservation' has led them to strip our locals bare naked and display them to the world as an 'unworkable' partner to all countries and investors who are stuck in identity/religious nonsense.

Today a-lot of PL is still run by Islamist, we are still attached to this 'old world' for education and guidance when the real knowledge that gets people jobs is no longer in the regions they still share strong ties with your preparing them for an arab market that isn't available waryaa. Our market place is filled with Islamist inspired education, economic systems, banking, they even infiltrate our market place, they literally a cancer that is growing inside the population.

@Teeri-Alpha now let's see you dare respond to that because it's your idealogy that is circulating in our culture especially the 'north' beyond beletwayn river as they read sayid abdulle to know about identity preservation(nasabnimo) and what it is be a 'Somali'. That's why I focus on you a-lot not because I have any other intention as the founder of the idealogy needs to agree that it's time it 'gets updated' or else they won't change Teeri untill you do.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The other criticism I have the boqor due to my grandmother who is abgaal, she remembers him arrested in Hamar and they used to take 'milk' to him so she has no clue why he refused to join the new world and continue with the old world and contacts he had from arabia, when that chapter was slowly coming to a closure.

Till today that area has too much influence on our society education, values, thinking, and economics and it's time we cut the 'ties' beyond of course 'ceremonial' matters and everyone goes his own way and forges his own path.

I suspect the 'sayid and boqor' had 'devious' intentions because they sure loved those 'weapons' from the colonial but u reject 'investment' into locals education in the interior area, why? so you can keep a dumb ppl controlled thru a 'sultanate' that is rich and educated in the coast. Bah Dubays left 'Majerteniya' kingdom and so did many clans, it even had hard times holding the interior like nugaal.

So I am osman mahmoud and also 'independent' of the kingdom, we decided to leave, sheekada wala fahmay dee and it's about time to 'steer' from this sort of politics as Puntlanders and also to some extent 'ogadens' who seem to do the same to their 'locals'. We need to keep up with the world not be stuck in the past. I commend the south who took advantage of the future when it arrived at their door-step and this would've ensured your locals are ahead in comparison to the people beyond the river who get sold a message by their leaders that they will be 'colonized' when it's all 'fairy tales' only to ensure their elites remain strong with a peasant underclass.

The Dr has spoken ninka igu nici laha ha igu nace, lakin inaad ka jawabtan qodobada aan soo bandhigay habarteeda bay ka tahay taas waan huba, marka jablibax ii noqda oo ii heesa ama qayliya lakin anigu stoicism baan aqana ima tabaato cayaartasi yar

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I have joined the small but growing 'secularist' movements of PL, especially Ayan Hersi, even though I don't share her positions on religion, I do respect her bravery to bring our people into the modern world not a world of identity/religious preservation, lama joggo aduunkasi manta, is totally correct and more power to her. As a secularist I can overlook our differing beliefs and disbeliefs, as it's an idealogy that is simply guided by the premise that 'reason' should only be the method used to govern people life not identity/religiosity as it's not shared matter religion or clan, ppl have differing philosophies and camp, it doesn't bring about some sort of shared platform but reason does.

We want policies guided based on the benefits they return to the locals not if they're halal or haram, our right to survive should overcome all attachments to religion or clan or national identity. Even though I am clannist 'by choice' due to respecting my 'heritage', I don't mind if someone else is 'religious' person or 'nationalist', as long the common platform we cooperate is thru 'reason'. I say reason and evidence based approach governance or thinking because it can even change my clannism beliefs if I see there is no benefit to it? or it may change your religious or nationalism position, reason works for all, it unites people, secularism ensures identity/religion is not intervered with but it won't govern my life, heck no, that is something adiga ku gaar ah

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Teeri-Alpha it's verifiable the majerteniya and ogaden plans for the interior clans-men after u captured independent sea-ports was to keep them 'ignorant' about the world and continue the old world structures of kingdoms and peasant under-class. U only accepted weapon transfer from the colonials yet rejected knowledge transfer for your local interior clans.

Till this day my father has shoe-box of 'individual clans from all darods and other somalis' with confirmation in 'nasabka laga ridday' why does he think like this? his obviously influened by sayid literature about Somalinimo and keeping onto your lineage and clan and not accessing 'education' as you termed it as 'gaalo rac'. Sxb cayaartani anigu iguma aqrin kartid, it may work for my father as he still strongly support the politics of identity preservation.

For example when he wants to shame a clan he says 'nasabka alla ka rid' and then points to 'michael mariamo' in Isaaq and says 'waa kaa' or he points to 'muse suldan' and says 'bidood' waa kaa illahi nasabka ka rid. He does it with Marehan or any clan, and he believes by remaining pure and loyal this idealogy of identity preservation he has some-what 'won' when I sit there 'baffled' yet in 'admiration' how loyal he is to this stuff kkkkk, dacad bay ka tahay niyahow as he insulted farole and say 'awoowaha afarad beerta uu ku nool yahay sri lanka ana ku gayn kari' nasabka alla ka rid he closes with all 'arguments'

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Dr Osman made some great podcasts before but they are in the tribal section :ftw9nwa:

In short sister, we all waiting for @Teeri-Alpha who began this idealogy, he wanted them sitting in the desert doing gabayo and watching who succumbs to 'gaalo schools' and becomes michael mariamo, they sit there arguing adaa nasabka laga ridday kkkkkk and see it as a victory, while teeri n boqor wud be at seaport taking the loot for themselves. Terrible policy and it hurt our ppl when we entered hamar anago dacas wadano oo illa reer hamarka waa nool yihin who wont forget wat u were yesterday regardless how u speak today or argue(they see its becaue of hamar that u speak arrogantly ama dhagaxasi ayaa wada cuni lahaydeen)

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@PuntiteQueen the role clannism, somalinimo, islam plays in the government of Somalia hasn't been defined we are not secular state based on reason that's for sure, u see some wild sheikh join a cabinet meeting who has no expertise on anything besides 'illahi ba sidan yiri' he is trying to guide policy on a belief. U have clan elders injecting 'beeshayda' wax ma helin(sayid literature nasabkayga waan ilashaday i want something now for beesha), some even throw in(what about somalinimada iyo dalka inteeda kale using nationalism). The whole nation follows an ancient system that no longer compatible with a very secular, human rights based and economical capitalism world.

That's why their so backwards, their not aligning their government based on reason, data, evidence, just illahi ba yiri ama beeshayda wax ka maqan ma war ba? your using people money and u want to get something for it based on such identity/religiosity when the world is asking for 'reason' and keep your personal things to yourself not on taxpayer dollar. I hate them wallahi sister waa dad aad iyo aad gadaal uu joggo dhinaca global worldka.

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP
giphy-3.gif
@Guure this is him typing with out even lookin

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts