MAFIA Game (SSPOT Edition)

Walaaleyaal, it's about time

Do you love buuq iyo balaayo? Do you miss the juicy venom of the old gender-wars and diaspora feuds but you are sick and tired of the toxicity of such threads.
Are you nonetheless a deceitful instigator more of a masterful investigator?
Do you love baseless accusations? Can you defend your own case even in the face of an imminent lynching?

Look no further! I present to you the Sspot version of the popular party game Mafia, a game full of the things we as Somalis enjoy without the headache of bashing others.

The basic premise is that all the players are randomly assigned a certain role with many additional roles that can be added to your liking. The most basic ones are:
Mafia
Villager
Detective
Medic

+ a game-master (not directly involved in the gameplay itself)

The goal of the game is do either lynch all the mafiosi or assassinate all the villagers (or at least create a stalemate which would favor the mafiosi)
No one knows the role of the other participants except the game-master and the mafiosi who know one another.
The game is run in two cycles, day and night. Each night the Mafiosi kill one of the villagers (or more according to the number of the participants in the game).
The next day the villagers AND the mafiosi who of course pretend to be villagers discuss who could be a mafiosi and a majority vote at the end of the day will decide who will be killed as a suspect.
Each night the detective asks the game-master to reveal the identity of a player. The medic can save a player (including himself) from being killed but of course he does not know who will be killed by the mafia so his attempt could be in vain, so has to read the situation and guess who is most likely a villager and will be killed.
No roles are revealed after any kill to keep the mystery alive.

The roles will be assigned randomly e.g. through http://en.castlots.org/cast-lots-online/
I tried a system where the game-master enters the names of sspot users who want to particapte.
At first we would draw the mafiosi, then the detective, the medic and so forth.
Here is an example.

According to this the roles would be as follows:
Mafiosi:
@CaliTedesse @Medulla @sophisticate

Detective:
@Furioso

Medic:
@Samaalic Era

Villagers:
@Kanini
@beenleey
@Shmurda
@Basic
@Apollo
@The Good
@Afrique

The game-master would tell everyone their roles through dm and would tell the mafiosi who their co-conspirators are.
The mafiosi, medic and detective would each dm the game-master who they want to kill, save or investigate.
Everything else will be done in the thread, where all the participants will discuss, deduce, argue, accuse, gang-up on, deceive and generally have a fun time playing this game.

I'm on the jump and will check in later. Discuss if you'd want to modify anything (how many villagers to mafiosi ratio, other speciial roles y'all want to include etc.) or if there is even popular demand for it.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-02 um 13.10.27.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-02 um 13.10.27.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-02 um 13.10.40.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-02 um 13.10.40.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-02 um 13.11.02.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-02 um 13.11.02.png
    93 KB · Views: 78
  • Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-02 um 13.11.20.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-02 um 13.11.20.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-02 um 13.11.32.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-02 um 13.11.32.png
    90.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-02 um 13.11.51.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-02 um 13.11.51.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-02 um 13.12.14.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-02 um 13.12.14.png
    247.4 KB · Views: 64

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
That Mafiosi team looks deadly we would 100% win lmfaoooo I like this idea a lot I am down only issue is waiting for the tag feature to work again XD.

Maybe @admin would be a fan of a game like this
View attachment 103070
most definitely
I’m in but can we include the gym enthusiast @Gucci mane and @Basra
Glad you are on board :salute: . Everyone is welcome, this thread is for all of you, start a game whenever y'all want to lol
Thx walaal I expect great deduction skills from you! All those feuds will be worth it afterall lol

Haye anyone down for a test run? We can start with a short round maybe a minimum of 5 people. I would be the game-master for the first round.
I know the tags don't work but so far I would add anyone who said they are in @The Good @Afrique @Basic @Medulla
Where are all the zoomers btw? Y'all invited too @sambuusi this is your call, maybe this is just what you were looking for in that other thread @anyways @Odkac WRLD @Al-Burcaawi @a y a n (can't tag the two of you on mobile) make the magic happen, join us and give a brother that plat
@Radical Canjeerorism you'd be a genius detective tbh. @Basra eedo you'd be a funny Capo of the Mafiosi so bless us with your presence pls

Am confusion
Same

@Wiilyam Ina Sheekh Zubeer how does the game even "start"
I need to assign roles so I need to know who is down then I would dm y'all your roles and we would start with the first night (mafia kills someone) etc.
Right now I have

The Good
Afrique
Basic
Medulla

4 people is not enough tbh but we could try (1 Mafia 3 villagers no special roles)

@Samaalic Era
@Kanini
@sincity
@Prime Minister
@Shmurda

Are you guys in as well then we could start with the draw for the roles

Regarding the night & day cycle I would suggest the day is over once the villagers everyone have decided on who to eliminate and the night finishes once the mafia, detective, medic etc. have performed their actions. I would anounce each night/day with a post

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
im in sxb

im in aswell
Thx walaaleyaal, you came in clutch :salute:
we could start with 6 players but it would be no special roles and only one Mafioso, since 2 would be too many for that amount of players, unless someone else joins in.
Or I could just assign a role to anyone who showed interest through his/her ratings in this thread and we give it some time. Ofc we could start with the day instead of the night (no kill/lynching, just speculation on who could be a Mafioso) until everyone assembles.
What do you guys say @The Good @Samaalic Era @erqa ?

Last edited:

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Thx walaaleyaal, you came in clutch :salute:
we could start with 6 players but it would be no special roles and only one Mafioso, since 2 would be too many for that amount of players, unless someone else joins in.
Or I could just assign a role to anyone who showed interest through his/her ratings in this thread and we give it some time. Ofc we could start with the day instead of the night (no kill/lynching, just speculation on who could be a Mafioso) until everyone assembles.
What do you guys say @The Good @Samaalic Era @erqa ?
Yeah, add whoever is available sxb

Trending