Madoobe will change the Jubaland constitution soon

Abaq

VIP
In the next few weeks, Ahmed Madoobe will change the Jubaland constitution to remove term limits. Currently, the Jubaland constitution limits presidential terms to two terms. Madoobe has already served his two terms and legally can't stand again. However, never one to be deterred by legalities or any sense of decency, Madoobe will unilaterally change the constitution. He will then precede to name an election commission and appoint himself president once again in November 2024.

It is pertinent to know that none of the original architects of Jubaland are by his side today. None of the experts that drafted the constitution are with him. None of his most experienced advisors or confidantes remain with him. They all left in disgust many years ago. With his support base dwindling away by the day and surrounded by pliant, incompetent advisors that only tell him that which pleases him, Madoobe resembles your typical tinpot dictator day by day. Driven by paranoia, greed, and an overinflated sense of ego, he is the Muazzin and the Imam in the Mosque that is Jubaland.

On the sidelines, the storms are gathering. The opposition is growing by the day. Many enemies are lurking on the side lines, chief of them Hassan Dhiiqo, the President of Villa Wardhiigley.

After 12 years on the seat, Madoobe leaves Jubaland at its most precarious point. The hope has left, people are disillusioned, and Kismayo is besieged. Madoobe may appoint himself President come November, but will there be a Jubaland left for him to control?

1713477076001.png

- Nin indhala' mid kale oo indhala', oon waxba arkaynin
- Ileen oodda kama leexiyoo, hilin ma aadsiiyo

Maxamed Dheere Aw-Macalin AUN

In the next few weeks, Ahmed Madoobe will change the Jubaland constitution to remove term limits. Currently, the Jubaland constitution limits presidential terms to two terms. Madoobe has already served his two terms and legally can't stand again. However, never one to be deterred by legalities or any sense of decency, Madoobe will unilaterally change the constitution. He will then precede to name an election commission and appoint himself president once again in November 2024.

It is pertinent to know that none of the original architects of Jubaland are by his side today. None of the experts that drafted the constitution are with him. None of his most experienced advisors or confidantes remain with him. They all left in disgust many years ago. With his support base dwindling away by the day and surrounded by pliant, incompetent advisors that only tell him that which pleases him, Madoobe resembles your typical tinpot dictator day by day. Driven by paranoia, greed, and an overinflated sense of ego, he is the Muazzin and the Imam in the Mosque that is Jubaland.

On the sidelines, the storms are gathering. The opposition is growing by the day. Many enemies are lurking on the side lines, chief of them Hassan Dhiiqo, the President of Villa Wardhiigley.

After 12 years on the seat, Madoobe leaves Jubaland at its most precarious point. The hope has left, people are disillusioned, and Kismayo is besieged. Madoobe may appoint himself President come November, but will there be a Jubaland left for him to control?

View attachment 325226

- Nin indhala' mid kale oo indhala', oon waxba arkaynin
- Ileen oodda kama leexiyoo, hilin ma aadsiiyo

Maxamed Dheere Aw-Macalin AUN
As the most Sr politician in .So now, with a chequered history, A Madoobe, with help, was able to:
- Constitute JL,
- Maintain order for 13+ years,
- Buttressed federalism, albeit is not a true acolyte,
- Helped neuter two authoritarian Presidents (Farmaajo & HSM now),
- Is planning to hold elections between Aug - Dec,

Not perfect, but on grand scale, not bad one would think; why oppose him?

Abaq

VIP
As the most Sr politician in .So now, with a chequered history, A Madoobe, with help, was able to:
- Constitute JL,
- Maintain order for 13+ years,
- Buttressed federalism, albeit is not a true acolyte,
- Helped neuter two authoritarian Presidents (Farmaajo & HSM now),
- Is planning to hold elections between Aug - Dec,

Not perfect, but on grand scale, not bad one would think; why oppose him?
Gaalka dil gartiisana sii. No donโ€™t Madoobe deserves praise for the things you have mentioned. However, the deleterious effects he has had on Jubbaland are far greater.

Madoobe is actively against Lower Jubba being freed from AS, forget the rest of Jubaland. When he refused to liberate Lower Jubba, the citizens mobilised themselves to free their own land, Madoobe moved heaven and earth to prevent them from doing so, going as far as lobbying in Nairobi and Mogadishu to prevent that. Madoobe is staunchly against any institutions being built in Jubaland. His ministers are ministers only in name. The courts pass no judgement without his say so. Parliament serves him and no one else. He recently locked the parliament building for months because MPs were dissatisfied with his conduct. Madoobe believes if Jubaland develops institutions his rule will be threatened.

All the elite that could serve Jubaland and invest have been exiled by Madoobe and barred from returning. Not even an aid agency may open in Kismayo and Jubaland without his say so (and if they do he regularly demands that his cronies control it).

Madoobe is only one man. If he dies tomorrow, what will become of Jubaland? How can Kismayo survive under siege from AS because Madoobe wants it that way?

The people of Jubaland have been very patient with Madoobe and his โ€˜keligay uun baa noolaaniโ€™ rule. Enough is enough. The people of Jubaland deserve to live in dignity too. Madoobe may be good at Federal politics, however he has been an absolute disaster for Jubaland.

IstarZ

A mere finger canโ€™t obscure the sun.
Gaalka dil gartiisana sii. No donโ€™t Madoobe deserves praise for the things you have mentioned. However, the deleterious effects he has had on Jubbaland are far greater.

Madoobe is actively against Lower Jubba being freed from AS, forget the rest of Jubaland. When he refused to liberate Lower Jubba, the citizens mobilised themselves to free their own land, Madoobe moved heaven and earth to prevent them from doing so, going as far as lobbying in Nairobi and Mogadishu to prevent that. Madoobe is staunchly against any institutions being built in Jubaland. His ministers are ministers only in name. The courts pass no judgement without his say so. Parliament serves him and no one else. He recently locked the parliament building for months because MPs were dissatisfied with his conduct. Madoobe believes if Jubaland develops institutions his rule will be threatened.

All the elite that could serve Jubaland and invest have been exiled by Madoobe and barred from returning. Not even an aid agency may open in Kismayo and Jubaland without his say so (and if they do he regularly demands that his cronies control it).

Madoobe is only one man. If he dies tomorrow, what will become of Jubaland? How can Kismayo survive under siege from AS because Madoobe wants it that way?

The people of Jubaland have been very patient with Madoobe and his โ€˜keligay uun baa noolaaniโ€™ rule. Enough is enough. The people of Jubaland deserve to live in dignity too. Madoobe may be good at Federal politics, however he has been an absolute disaster for Jubaland.
I was in Kismaayo in October and November 2023 and itโ€™s exactly as you describe it. The people are growing despondent. Thereโ€™s zero development which is such a shame because it has huge potential.

Madoobe needs to go because the people of Jubbaland deserve better.

Madoobe wonโ€™t leave Jubbaland. Things are way too good for him to just go without a fight. He gains money has deals with Al shabab, & the IC always seems to side with him. Jubbaland clans also canโ€™t fight under one banner as they all have interests to dominate it.

He also seem to not favor his clan enough, he wouldโ€™ve atleast free them from al Shabab or at least give them the opportunity to heavily invest in their lands.

Madoobe is a difficult individual to dissect. Works with Al shabab & FGS also has relation with IC.
A True Machiavellian

All valid concerns raised amongst diaspora commentators in between their latte frothing sessions, but not so much amongst the locals, at least from my limited experience. Again neither optimal nor perfect, but considering its trajectory, JL paints a far better canvas in 2024 than it did in 2018, when I first visited. Perfect, no, but it is moving along at own pace, slowly but surely. By looking around, whom would you replace him with?

I am of the view of placing one foot after another, and one step at a time till one gradually have reached at desired destination.

Reflection: If history is anything to go by, in 10 years time, reer JL will be holding him in the highest esteem the same way reer PL revere A Yusuf (and to think, he was unpopular when he was in charge).

I was in Kismaayo in October and November 2023 and itโ€™s exactly as you describe it. The people are growing despondent. Thereโ€™s zero development which is such a shame because it has huge potential.

Madoobe needs to go because the people of Jubbaland deserve better.
Are you really saying Kismayo is the same today as it were 5 years or 10 years ago?

Madoobe wonโ€™t leave Jubbaland. Things are way too good for him to just go without a fight. He gains money has deals with Al shabab, & the IC always seems to side with him. Jubbaland clans also canโ€™t fight under one banner as they all have interests to dominate it.

He also seem to not favor his clan enough, he wouldโ€™ve atleast free them from al Shabab or at least give them the opportunity to heavily invest in their lands.

Madoobe is a difficult individual to dissect. Works with Al shabab & FGS also has relation with IC.
A True Machiavellian
Heโ€™s a damn anomaly. As one man he was responsible for getting an entire country sanctioned and put on a arms embargo, which was Eritrea.

TekNiKo

โ€œI am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Madoobe is not going no where, as long as he has KDF support. Accept his rule until he dies.

Abaq

VIP

A True Machiavellian
Madoobe serves no clan. He only serves his own personal interest

Abaq

VIP
All valid concerns raised amongst diaspora commentators in between their latte frothing sessions, but not so much amongst the locals, at least from my limited experience. Again neither optimal nor perfect, but considering its trajectory, JL paints a far better canvas in 2024 than it did in 2018, when I first visited. Perfect, no, but it is moving along at own pace, slowly but surely. By looking around, whom would you replace him with?

I am of the view of placing one foot after another, and one step at a time till one gradually have reached at desired destination.

Reflection: If history is anything to go by, in 10 years time, reer JL will be holding him in the highest esteem the same way reer PL revere A Yusuf (and to think, he was unpopular when he was in charge).

Are you really saying Kismayo is the same today as it were 5 years or 10 years ago?
I posit that Jubaland is where it is today in spite of Madoobe and not because of him. I don't know how closely you have assessed the situation but Madoobe is just as unpopular with the locals as he is with the diaspora, it's just they can't raise their voices too loud (it's a different story in private). Abdullahi Yusuf left an actual state, Madoobe is happy with Jubaland remaining a city-state and actively takes measures to keep it that way.

And I don't buy the argument there is no one to replace him. There are 100s of qualified competent individuals that have a long track record in serving Jubaland (some of whom I have met personally). However, most prefer to remain unnoticed for fear of reprisals from Madoobe

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
He sits in a region that could easily be a bread basket for the nation. Unfortunately he neither has the passion or interest in actually exploring that option. Rather deal with AS, Kenya and UAE then actually do anything that'll improve the lives of the common Somali of that region. We're cursed with leaders that short sighted and greedy, they'd be cartoonishly evil in any other sense.

Aabahay met with close friends of Madoobe sometime in the past tol baynu nahay. If I get the chance to speak with him when I visit Jubaland since I have exclusive access Iโ€™ll bring him back to reality my dear boon karbaashing galti Maqabul partner igu aamin aniga donโ€™t worry.

Abaq

VIP
Aabahay met with close friends of Madoobe sometime in the past tol baynu nahay. If I get the chance to speak with him when I visit Jubaland since I have exclusive access Iโ€™ll bring him back to reality my dear boon karbaashing galti Maqabul partner igu aamin aniga donโ€™t worry.
I fear he won't listen to you sxb. Many have tried before you and left disappointed.

IstarZ

A mere finger canโ€™t obscure the sun.

No more aano qabiil killings but thereโ€™s no progress under Madoobe. Iโ€™ve met and spoke with many Kismaayo natives who relocated to Xamar because they couldnโ€™t make a decent living in Kismaayo. Iโ€™ve seen your posts and youโ€™re not an objective poster even though you present yourself as such.

Abaq

VIP
When KDF leaves what does this guy do?
KDF donโ€™t keep him in power. The Jubaland Darawish are over 20k in manpower and possess 100s of technicals and heavy weapons. He has more than enough manpower and weapons to defend himself. He could actually liberate Lower Juba if he wanted to but he doesnโ€™t want to.