Lying When Telling a Joke

However, lying when joking is not permissible. Abu Hurayrah
 may  Allaah  be  pleased  with  him
narrated that the Prophet
 sallallaahu  `alayhi  wa  sallam ( may  Allaah exalt his mention )
said: "The slave will not complete faith unless he refrains from lying when joking, and refrains from arguing even when he is upon the truth." [Ahmad, and Al-Albaani classified it as authentic]

Besides, Al-Bukhaari reported in Al-Adab Al-Mufrad, and Ahmad in his Musnad that Ibn Mash’ood
said: "Lying is not allowed neither when being serious nor when joking."

we also have an article specifically on April Fools

April Fool

"There is a never a day or a moment when sharee’ah permits a person to tell lies or to say whatever he wants based on lies. One of the things that have become widespread among the common people is the so called “April Fool’s Day”, where they claim that the first day of the fourth solar month is a day when lying is permitted without being subject to any shar’i guidelines."

I encourage people to read the links and take the matter seriously.

We shouldn't tell lies even when joking. We shouldn't celebrate April Fools or lie because it is April Fools, even if it's a joke.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP

said: "The slave will not complete faith unless he refrains from lying when joking, and refrains from arguing even when he is upon the truth." [Ahmad, and Al-Albaani classified it as authentic]

Besides, Al-Bukhaari reported in Al-Adab Al-Mufrad, and Ahmad in his Musnad that Ibn Mash’ood

April Fool

"There is a never a day or a moment when sharee’ah permits a person to tell lies or to say whatever he wants based on lies. One of the things that have become widespread among the common people is the so called “April Fool’s Day”, where they claim that the first day of the fourth solar month is a day when lying is permitted without being subject to any shar’i guidelines."

We shouldn't tell lies even when joking. We shouldn't celebrate April Fools or lie because it is April Fools, even if it's a joke.
:browtf:

April Fool

mashaAllah great reminder. BarakAllah feek. This is why I try my best to avoid watching YouTube pranks because they're all "jokes" but based on lies being told.

Abu Umamah Al-Bahili RA reported: Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, “I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.”
(Dawoud)

mashaAllah great reminder. BarakAllah feek. This is why I try my best to avoid watching YouTube pranks because they're all "jokes" but based on lies being told.

Abu Umamah Al-Bahili RA reported: Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, “I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.”
(Dawoud)

wa feeka baarak-allaahu

Trending