Lowering the gaze | Sheikh Assim Al Hakeem

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://aldawah.wordpress.com/2008/12/27/prayer-according-to-sahih-hadiths/
Same with wudu. There are so many hadith.
There are kitabs in muslim and bukhari called kitab salat and kitab dahara
I hope you read it
https://aldawah.wordpress.com/2008/12/27/prayer-according-to-sahih-hadiths/
Same with wudu. There are so many hadith.
There are kitabs in muslim and bukhari called kitab salat and kitab dahara
Besides the hand raising everything else is already present in the Quran.
Anyway my point is towards hadith's forbidding things like drawing.

I hope you read it

Anyways where in the quran does it say how to pray. Its a serious question.
As for the hadiths there is hikma in it. Other thing it has to do with imaan.

Anyways where in the quran does it say how to pray. Its a serious question.
As for the hadiths there is hikma in it. Other thing it has to do with imaan.
I would post some links but i'm using a crappy phone. I reject only the ones that can't be extrapolated from the Quran. My position is that nothing supersedes the Quran. If you today were to give an alien the Quran they would never arrive at stoning for adultery.

Brother nobody learned how to pray from the Hadith. This is something that was observed from the prophet pbuh, every sect I know of pray the same. Only difference is the hand position.

And if you follow the quran should follow these verses:

"And whatever the Messenger gives then take it and whatever he prohibits you from then abstain from; and fear Allah verily Allah is severe in punishment." (Chapter 59:7)

Allah the Exalted also said to His Prophet:

"And We have sent down to you the reminder, so that you may explain to the people what was sent down to them." (Chapter 16:44)

You should realize in order to practise Islam we NEED the Sunnah, They guide us, The Sahabah and the salaf donee sooooooo much to preserved the Ahadith. They would travel through lands just to make sure that the narration was sound. It took them months maybe even years. Wallahi Allah has blessed us with these amazing scholars.

I would post some links but i'm using a crappy phone. I reject only the ones that can't be extrapolated from the Quran. My position is that nothing supersedes the Quran. If you today were to give an alien the Quran they would never arrive at stoning for adultery.
Abdullah b. 'Abbas reported that 'Umar b. Khattab sat on the pulpit of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and said:

Verily Allah sent Muhammad (ﷺ) with truth and He sent down the Book upon him, and the verse of stoning was included in what was sent down to him. We recited it, retained it in our memory and understood it. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) awarded the punishment of stoning to death (to the married adulterer and adulteress) and, after him, we also awarded the punishment of stoning, I am afraid that with the lapse of time, the people (may forget it) and may say: We do not find the punishment of stoning in the Book of Allah, and thus go astray by abandoning this duty prescribed by Allah. Stoning is a duty laid down in Allah's Book for married men and women who commit adultery when proof is established, or it there is pregnancy, or a confession.

حَدَّثَنِي أَبُو الطَّاهِرِ، وَحَرْمَلَةُ بْنُ يَحْيَى، قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ وَهْبٍ، أَخْبَرَنِي يُونُسُ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنِي عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عُتْبَةَ، أَنَّهُ سَمِعَ عَبْدَ اللَّهِ بْنَ عَبَّاسٍ، يَقُولُ قَالَ عُمَرُ بْنُ الْخَطَّابِ وَهُوَ جَالِسٌ عَلَى مِنْبَرِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم إِنَّ اللَّهَ قَدْ بَعَثَ مُحَمَّدًا صلى الله عليه وسلم بِالْحَقِّ وَأَنْزَلَ عَلَيْهِ الْكِتَابَ فَكَانَ مِمَّا أُنْزِلَ عَلَيْهِ آيَةُ الرَّجْمِ قَرَأْنَاهَا وَوَعَيْنَاهَا وَعَقَلْنَاهَا فَرَجَمَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَرَجَمْنَا بَعْدَهُ فَأَخْشَى إِنْ طَالَ بِالنَّاسِ زَمَانٌ أَنْ يَقُولَ قَائِلٌ مَا نَجِدُ الرَّجْمَ فِي كِتَابِ اللَّهِ فَيَضِلُّوا بِتَرْكِ فَرِيضَةٍ أَنْزَلَهَا اللَّهُ وَإِنَّ الرَّجْمَ فِي كِتَابِ اللَّهِ حَقٌّ عَلَى مَنْ زَنَى إِذَا أَحْصَنَ مِنَ الرِّجَالِ وَالنِّسَاءِ إِذَا قَامَتِ الْبَيِّنَةُ أَوْ كَانَ الْحَبَلُ أَوْ الاِعْتِرَافُ ‏.‏
Reference : Sahih Muslim 1691 a
In-book reference : Book 29, Hadith 21
USC-MSA web (English) reference

Flogging..
Surat nur ayat 2 till 5

I can't address you both so this will do.
Bukhari started collecting at the age of 16 and have collected a total of 600000 hadith's. This means he collected 21 Hadiths everyday if he lived for 96 years. Keep in mind this is more than a century after the prophet phub. My question is how did he collect that amount of Hadiths and have the time to verify them. Allah tells us to use our intelligence brothers & sisters, so think through this one pls.

I can't address you both so this will do.
Bukhari started collecting at the age of 16 and have collected a total of 600000 hadith's. This means he collected 21 Hadiths everyday if he lived for 96 years. Keep in mind this is more than a century after the prophet phub. My question is how did he collect that amount of Hadiths and have the time to verify them. Allah tells us to use our intelligence brothers & sisters, so think through this one pls.

Allah tells us to use our intelligence indeed- so I'm not interested in changing my religious beliefs based on some paragraph by some anonymous person on the internet.

If you were to give an alien a Quran, how would they interpret Surah Al Tawba when it talks about killing the polytheists? Without the hadith, they wouldn't understand the historical context. Are you going to kill polytheists?

I hope you read it

The Quran does not explain how to do wudu, salat, how much to pay in zakat, etc.

There is a ton of matters where you need to refer to the hadith. You would have to be a very ignorant person to think we can reject the hadith and "only follow the Quran". So-called "Quranism" is a self-contradiction. Following the Quran entails following the Sunnah.

Jazakallahu khayr for spreading some beneficial knowledge in this God forsaken place called Somali Spot.

The other day I was reading and interesting piece of tafsir of Ibn Abbas RA on this verse:

يَعْلَمُ خَآئِنَةَ ٱلْأَعْيُنِ وَمَا تُخْفِى ٱلصُّدُورُ

Allah knows the fraud of the eyes, and all that the breasts conceal [Quran, Ghāfir (40):19]

It is reported that ‘Abdullāh b. ‘Abbās – Allāh be pleased with him – said, explaining this verse:

A man is with a group of people when a woman passes. He shows them that he has lowered his gaze from looking at her. But when he sees they are not paying attention, he looks at her. If he fears they will notice, he lowers his gaze, but Allāh has seen in his heart that he wishes he could see her body (private areas).

Hunād b. Al-Sarī, Al-Zuhd article 1428.

Allahu Musta'an

Wa antum fa jazakum Allahu khairan.

I thank you for this contribution to the thread.

"A man is with a group of people when a woman passes. He shows them that he has lowered his gaze from looking at her. But when he sees they are not paying attention, he looks at her. If he fears they will notice, he lowers his gaze, but Allāh has seen in his heart that he wishes he could see her body (private areas)."- I had not known about that before and that really adds light to the subject.

@Bile Huruse Don't derail the thread. If you want to discuss the authenticity of Hadith then make another thread. This one is about lowering the gaze.

I definitely think he's worked towards hijacking the thread for an anti-Sunnah agenda- but insha'Allah, even so I hope whatever discussion emerges leads this thread to pop up more when people check the forum and insha'Allah they will scroll past the material about lowering the gaze.

Brother since this thread is about the deen, may i ask your opinion on hadiths? I personally don't believe any of them that adds new information outside of what is present in the quran already.

I think if you follow this to the logical conclusion, then it would lead to a.... disturbing... interpretation of Surah Al Tawba. You need the Sunnah.

https://thethinkingmuslim.com/2013/08/28/rejecting-hadiths/

Rejecting Hadiths: The Fitnah of the Quranists

If you were to give an alien a Quran, how would they interpret Surah Al Tawba when it talks about killing the polytheists? Without the hadith, they wouldn't understand the historical context. Are you going to kill polytheists?
Witch verse do you mean and btw I'm not against historical Hadiths but the ones that come with a new rulings that's not present in the Quran.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
She posts a pic of her being half naked and replies "lower your gaze".
Yeah lower your gaze that's your responsibility it doenst matter what she's doing you'll be sinned for your actions not hers.
Just like I cover up even when men don't look down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts