London woman charged after alleged #killallwhitemen tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
Bahar Mustafa, 28, a student diversity officer at Goldsmiths, University of London, charged with sending threatening communication

620.jpg

A student diversity officer who came to prominence in a race row after allegedly tweeting the hashtag #killallwhitemen has been charged by police with sending a threatening communication.

Bahar Mustafa, of Goldsmiths, University of London, is set to appear at Bromley magistrates court on 5 November.

The 28-year-old from Edmonton, north-east London, faces two charges. One is sending a communication conveying a threatening message between 10 November 2014 and 31 May 2015. The second is for sending a grossly offensive message via a public communication network between 10 November 2014 and 31 May 2015.

Mustafa was initially accused of racism for asking white men not to attend a students’ union meeting intended for ethnic minority and “non-binary” women.

She then became embroiled in a separate row, accused of using the hashtag #killallwhitemen on her Twitter account, which has since been deleted.

A Met police spokesman said in a statement: “A woman interviewed under caution regarding a complaint of racially motivated malicious communication made on a social media network has been summonsed to court.”

Mustafa is neither an employee of Goldsmiths nor a student, but an employee of the independent students’ union, elected by union members.

Mustafa remained in her position as welfare and diversity officer after a petition for a motion of no confidence fell short of the 3% of union members required to trigger a poll.

After the furore, Mustafa denied that her initial request for white men to stay away from a union meeting was racist or sexist, and said she had received rape and death threats.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...an-charged-over-alleged-killallwhitemen-tweet

Watch out what you write on the internet if you live in England. :damedamn:

This woman was a student diversity officer, which is funny, in a morbid kind of way. :drakelaugh:

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
These radical SJWs need to understand that they're not above the law. You don't get to tweet "kill all white men" and get away with it because you're black or a 'person of color'.:comeon:

This BLM activist got arrested in September for telling people to kill every cracka they see.

:chrisfreshhah:

I

IntensiveCareUnit

i literally have #whitelivesdontmatter in my twatter bio o_Oo_O
o_Oi hop they dont catch me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts