LOL! Right Wingers Are Freaking Out About This!

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
They have curriculums for every other language in America, it all depends on the size of the immigrant populations. If there’s a lot of Arabs they offer Arabic, if there’s a lot of Vietnamese they offer vietnamese, if there’s a lot of Koreans they offer Korean, if there’s a lot of Persians they offer Persian. I’m shocked that you guys think there’s something wrong with this. They already have somali for younger kids in some public schools here in Minnesota.

To call our language useless is a dumb take. It’s not for ajnabis but the somali kids. So they preserve their native language. Why are you idiots siding with these racist ass ajnabis?

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I completely agree with those pigs, don't get me wrong I hate them racist airheads but they got a point here why are eduction somali politicians waisting their talent for leadership and idea's to the west instead of Somalia ??
Well excuse you, they are citizens of the west and were educated there. If they don’t want to go to Somalia then they don’t have to. Do you want them to get killed by Al-Shabaab? Somalia isn’t a place a few educated western somalis can fix. I always say this, Somalia isn’t entitled to western educated/raised Somalis. They go to Somalia out of love for their homeland, not because they are obligated to.

They have every right to be pursuing higher positions in the west. You sound like a racist conservative who thinks North America is only for cadaans.

reer

VIP
users pissed off in this thread like @Abdisamad. arabic is spoken by 400 million. somali is restricted somalis. ajnabis studying arabic and chinese is more useful for them than somali.

Sorry, have to agree with them. Somali is an absolutely useless language for outsiders. This is clearly pandering to draw attention away from the real issues. If they really care for it, why don't teach a useful African language like Swahili?

This is irritating. Politicians up to their usual schticks.

Paley Center No GIF by The Paley Center for Media
There's maybe a 100,000 Somalis total in Canada, the Chinese population is much more large with over a million people of Chinese descent in Canada. The Arabs are half a million, there is far more reason to teach Arabic/Chinese than Somali. Even if you ignore international reasons, they have a much more imminent presence in Canada. Plus, they actually need to have enough students for the Somali classes.

Honestly, Somali in its usefulness is not even comparable to Arabic and Chinese. Somali is not even on the same playing field. Arabic is extremely useful considering how much we trade and how much of a boom the region is going through. Chinese is also useful with them moving up in trade and business, it's foolish to not learn those two languages. It's a waste of taxpayer money, why teach these kids when they can learn by their own choice and have family that speak it as well.

It's impractical and most likely will fall by the wayside because this is simply virtue signaling by politicians to use minorities to rake in votes. Don't be fooled.

@Based, what do you think? Do you agree or disagree?
disagree with somali is not useless i think in Canada somali language is only to taught to somali kids nd young somalis so learn their language and culture

Btw arabic and mandarin language are useless 2 if somali language is useless

Second if we going to trade with arabs we dont to learn their language in order trade with there translator we can use to communicate with same with chinese
So stop saying somali language is useless cuz it is not plus in Canada they teaching somali language to somalis in schools so they dont forget their language they arent teaching them to trade
And why u making excuses to arabs and chinese ppl to learn their own language in Canada cuz they more of them then somali ppl tht is bad logic arabs and chinese dont have more right then somali ppl cuz they out number somali

Enslaved mind? LOL try using Somali in China see how much job opportunities you get 😂 it's not the state's responsibility to teach your kids their culture. It's YOUR responsibility 😂 Afka soomaaliyed ku baaro dhadhanyahow
Well same can be said let china person try using china in somali and see how much job oppotunities he or she get

Well excuse you, they are citizens of the west and were educated there. If they don’t want to go to Somalia then they don’t have to. Do you want them to get killed by Al-Shabaab? Somalia isn’t a place a few educated western somalis can fix. I always say this, Somalia isn’t entitled to western educated/raised Somalis. They go to Somalia out of love for their homeland, not because they are obligated to.

They have every right to be pursuing higher positions in the west. You sound like a racist conservative who thinks North America is only for cadaans.
If you know your native country is desperately ineed for help and you are one of the view people who's both educated and qualified for that field why would you selfishly waste all your talent and time investing in to a white owned country that doesn't even accept you, your race or religion? My apologies that I didn't sugar-coat this for you but its the harsh truth.

Asian-immigrants use the education they receive in the west to invest back in to their home lands, yet for some odd reason somalis who are both black immigrants and Muslim can't comprehend the fact that this land that you live in is not even owned by your people, hence why these racist are mocking you because you're literally investing in to a land that they own.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
If you know your native country is desperately ineed for help and you are one of the view people who's both educated and qualified for that field why would you selfishly waste all your talent and time investing in to a white owned country that doesn't even accept you, your race or religion? My apologies that I didn't sugar-coat this for you but its the harsh truth.

Asian-immigrants use the education they receive in the west to invest back in to their home lands, yet for some odd reason somalis who are both black immigrants and Muslim can't comprehend the fact that this land that you live in is not even owned by your people, hence why these racist are mocking you because you're literally investing in to a land that they own.
What you said is right which i why i want to get my education and then leave to Djibouti or Somalia to build up my country.
But are you taking your own words to heart? Will you return to Somalia and work on your country?

What you said is right which i why i want to get my education and then leave to Djibouti or Somalia to build up my country.
But are you taking your own words to heart? Will you return to Somalia and work on your country?
I wish, but unfortunately no matter how patriotic I am or how much I invest back to my homeland the harsh truth is Somalia is against any sort of religious freedom, basically I won't ever be "accepted" due to my religious beliefs.

Which I understand, I have no hard feelings I just genuinely wish my people to never starve or be poverty again even if they want to see me burn in "hell" lol.