LOL! Right Wingers Are Freaking Out About This!

Based

VIP
There's maybe a 100,000 Somalis total in Canada, the Chinese population is much more large with over a million people of Chinese descent in Canada. The Arabs are half a million, there is far more reason to teach Arabic/Chinese than Somali. Even if you ignore international reasons, they have a much more imminent presence in Canada. Plus, they actually need to have enough students for the Somali classes.

Honestly, Somali in its usefulness is not even comparable to Arabic and Chinese. Somali is not even on the same playing field. Arabic is extremely useful considering how much we trade and how much of a boom the region is going through. Chinese is also useful with them moving up in trade and business, it's foolish to not learn those two languages. It's a waste of taxpayer money, why teach these kids when they can learn by their own choice and have family that speak it as well.

It's impractical and most likely will fall by the wayside because this is simply virtue signaling by politicians to use minorities to rake in votes. Don't be fooled.

@Based, what do you think? Do you agree or disagree?
I don’t know much about Canada or Canadian Somalis but if we didn’t ask for this new curriculum then it’s obviously a political move to gain Somali support. Aren’t most diaspora kids taught Somali by their parents who speak it in the house? What’s the need for a whole curriculum?

This is some next level retarded pandering by the NPD. Can't believe I have to agree with the Cuntservitives on something :mjlol: Af Soomaali is useless outside of the Horn. Never seen something that's such an obvious water of tax money. We only number 9k in the entire province.

Adding an Arabic or Mandarian curriculum is much more useful lakiin I could see racist right wingers still getting pissed off at that lmao.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The UK Somalis need this too tbh. For example, in the GCSE (national exams) students can take Polish, Arabic, Punjabi, Persian and Bengali etc if it’s their home language, but no Somali despite our large population

I mean if other ethnic groups are taking advantage. Why not?
Classical languages like Arabic, Ge'ez, Greek, Chinese etc. are usually studied for academic reasons due to their historic literary tradition.
The only people that study Somali are Somalis usually to speak to fellow Somalis. I personally don't see the point why the state should get involved

Classical languages like Arabic, Ge'ez, Greek, Chinese etc. are usually studied for academic reasons due to their historic literary tradition.
The only people that study Somali are Somalis usually to speak to fellow Somalis. I personally don't see the point why the state should get involved
I'm talking about elementary/students. Its a simple language class taught to immigrant kids - not about classical language. They don't usually do this in high schools or even junior high.
I dont think its too important but why not?

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
This is some next level retarded pandering by the NPD. Can't believe I have to agree with the Cuntservitives on something :mjlol: Af Soomaali is useless outside of the Horn. Never seen something that's such an obvious water of tax money. We only number 9k in the entire province.

Adding an Arabic or Mandarian curriculum is much more useful lakiin I could see racist right wingers still getting pissed off at that lmao.
It's useless but Somalia for the win. Let the Liberals waste their money and the Conservatives get Pissed, who cares about these whites :drakelaugh:

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
The UK Somalis need this too tbh. For example, in the GCSE (national exams) students can take Polish, Arabic, Punjabi, Persian and Bengali etc if it’s their home language, but no Somali despite our large population
Yeah I remember during GCSEs I had my Arab friends take Arabic GCSEs and get a free grade 9, same with my Latinos, German, South Asian and so on.
But black people are 13% of London and we don't have a single African language on there to my knowledge.

It's useless but Somalia for the win. Let the Liberals waste their money and the Conservatives get Pissed, who cares about these whites :drakelaugh:
Nigga I care this is my country and we're in a recession :damn: these idiots should be debating on raising food prices not a fucking Somali curriculum kkkk

\
Nigga I care this is my country and we're in a recession :damn: these idiots should be debating on raising food prices not a fucking Somali curriculum kkkk
To be fair, its the Alberta caucaus. They debate about the silliest things. They had a couple sessions of calaacal on Albertan independence/seperation.
The NDP need to find something else to worry about that is important to most people. I just know they have some random Somali "community leader" in their ear trying to convince them how important this is.
:silanyolaugh:

\

To be fair, its the Alberta caucaus. They debate about the silliest things. They had a couple sessions of calaacal on Albertan independence/seperation.
The NDP need to find something else to worry about that is important to most people. I just know they have some random Somali "community leader" in their ear trying to convince them how important this is.
:silanyolaugh:
Yeah the NDP have a horrible strategy team. If they’re doing this to get Somali votes they should know a lot of Somalis vote conservative because of the oil industry lmao. They even run to represent conservative districts as well These ppl are clueless

Yeah the NDP have a horrible strategy team. If they’re doing this to get Somali votes they should know a lot of Somalis vote conservative because of the oil industry lmao. They even run to represent conservative districts as well These ppl are clueless
They do all this and (older) Somalis still vote for liberals and some for conservatives.The only thing they are doing is losing their cadaan voter base.

Sorry, have to agree with them. Somali is an absolutely useless language for outsiders. This is clearly pandering to draw attention away from the real issues. If they really care for it, why don't teach a useful African language like Swahili?

This is irritating. Politicians up to their usual schticks.

Paley Center No GIF by The Paley Center for Media
I completely agree with those pigs, don't get me wrong I hate them racist airheads but they got a point here why are eduction somali politicians waisting their talent for leadership and idea's to the west instead of Somalia ??

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
Yeah I remember during GCSEs I had my Arab friends take Arabic GCSEs and get a free grade 9, same with my Latinos, German, South Asian and so on.
But black people are 13% of London and we don't have a single African language on there to my knowledge.
The majority of them are from the Carribean (English colonies).
Learning actual English would be good for some of them. They speak like FOBS.:silanyolaugh:

1679512998568.png