Live UN Security council meeting on Somalia

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
An election committee was established when the president came into office. And they have been working since then to see if elections can be held. Wasn't it a while ago when the parliament approved the 1m1v? And everyone agreed on it, including the FMS leaders? What changed now?
PL & JL refuse it didnt agree it, but other paper states accept it.

For your info, PL not officially announce any type of election they wants. There is committee from FMS and FGS to dialogue on the best election can hold in Somalia. The issue started when xarmaajo went to Parliament and said as I quote" I will bring what we agree to xamar (Parliament)" , so he saying to everyone I have no problem but the parliament will choice to aceept it or not!!!. So the point here, We agree in Dhusmareeb then Parliament refuse whats the point of meeting then!!. Its tactics of extension from xarmaajo and we all see it.

The parliament is the one representing the somali people and the federal states, they should have a say in this.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Will of the somali people looool. How come you guys care about the will of the somali people when you don't even wanna hold elections similar to 1m1v to see how they would vote, and who they would choose. It's not like farmaajo will win unanimously

Is the country safe enough for 1m1v the answer is no.

Who do you think will dominate the 1m1v in the regions. Lemme answer this question aswell, that would be shabaab and the tribes not the individual citizens of somalia.

You are asking for an Fairytale.

Is the country safe enough for 1m1v the answer is no.

Who do you think will dominate the 1m1v in the regions. Lemme answer this question aswell, that would be shabaab and the tribes not the individual citizens of somalia.

You are asking for an Fairytale.

You guys would dominate the elections. Since puntland is free from AS. Like I said, it has to be as broad as possible. All peaceful regions would vote. it's that easy.

1M1V can’t be held and that’s the crux of the problem. It’s an extension tactic which PL won’t accept, there is a reason Farmaajo didn’t set up the electoral legislation, security accommodations, etc during his first month in office and is instead talking about this issue during his last few months.

Looking at the language used from the UNSC meeting they want something along the lines of 1m1v but not exactly it. Preparing 1m1v for the current election cycle is impossible as work for it has started way too late

2016/4.5 type election is totally out of the question

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Then the parliament should propose the changes it wants so everyone can agree.
Saxiib, you discuss something should be done before one year. And now you playing on Somalia statehood and remaining two to three months for parliament period?.

Looking at the language used from the UNSC meeting they want something along the lines of 1m1v but not exactly it. Preparing 1m1v for the current election cycle is impossible as work for it has started way too late

2016/4.5 type election is totally out of the question

My guess is that at some point there will be a working model type 1m1v in specific FMS and xamar

They may come up with a formula for the number of men/women (of varying ages) allowed to vote from each region weighted against their population/s