Life is cheap

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
I remember the first time I saw a guy die. I was walking past a shitty bar with an outdoor area. Some two guys who looked like drug addicts must've been fighting over something, the cadaan guy tried to pull something out. The mix race guy saw and gave him one punch across the face and the guy got knocked out.

His head smashed on the floor with a weird meaty slap. The only comparable sound I can think of is a full caano carton smashing onto the floor. I thought he must've been unconscious or something, nope. His eyes were open but he wasn't breathing or moving and there was blood leaking out the back of his head making a nasty puddle. Apparently it was all over a pack of cigarettes.

I looked, watched and then went home. All in about half a minute.

Second time I was walking to a basketball cage when I saw a fight going on from afar. Me and my friend just watched. It went from a fistfight to someone quickly getting shanked, only one person dropped though. I didn't try and even go near that one. Honestly I have no idea if the guy died but I never saw him there again so I'm guessing he's either dead or fucked up royally.

Honestly it really doesn't take long for it to leave your mind, you just forget it and carry on as normal. I never knew them but I felt a bit sad. that was someone's brother, son or even dad and it all it took were a few moments for them to be gone.

It doesn't take much to lose your life and you ain't shit in the grand scheme of the world. Took me quite a while to stop viewing people as meat bags.

Yukon_Niner

VIP
Damn, just gonna die in general eh.

@Shmurda you came from a shit part of a city right? Come one can no one relate to this.

What happened to all those gangbangers here who'd act tough?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
1588095485489.png

Yukon_Niner

VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I've seen some fukked up shyt but I don't like to ponder on it too much :manny:
Yeah I rarely think about it but every year it'll pop up in my mind, I think about it for a few minutes and forget.

Speaking of which I want to know where the resident badmen of sspot are, the ones who talks about their city like it's a warzone and they're hardened.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Paki schoolmate of mine got stabbed in the thigh and died. Whereas some squadie I knew lost both legs, one above the knee, and got riddled with shrapnel by an IED in Afghan and lived.

When it's your time, it's your time. Something as mundane as a bit of food getting lodged in your throat will take you out.

Yukon_Niner

VIP
Paki schoolmate of mine got stabbed in the thigh and died. Whereas some squadie I knew lost both legs, one above the knee, and got riddled with shrapnel by an IED in Afghan and lived.

When it's your time, it's your time. Something as mundane as a bit of food getting lodged in your throat will take you out.
I knew alcoholic veteran. I use to give him money and food sometimes because he was homeless, he'd always tell me never to join the army and crack or joke or start a small conversation. Ended up dying in a shitty alleyway in winter. I felt bad for him.

It desensitised me to people dying for a long time. I guess it was the fact that I knew him a bit more personally.

Jungle

VIP
I was standing with a bunch of man near a chicken shop waitin for my food but there were girls around and what not it was a friday night. This is at like 2. These man pull up in a corsa and spray up the whole front of the shop. There was about 8 man and they manage to miss everyone and hit the girls. Rip to the girl.

Besides that i see people get stabbed every now and then, only seen 1 bleed out and die.

Macalin M

Out here
It is what it is man. Same guys I used to walk back from school with in school days are beefing each other now. Two got stabbed in year 11, one was minor. Imagine the bruddas were beefing each other because of a few roads that separated them. 3 groups split from that one group. the one I was in (no beef) and the other two.

Yukon_Niner

VIP
It is what it is man. Same guys I used to walk back from school with in school days are beefing each other now. Two got stabbed in year 11, one was minor. Imagine the bruddas were beefing each other because of a few roads that separated them. 3 groups split from that one group. the one I was in (no beef) and the other two.
It's weird seeing that sort of shit happen. I normally avoided people who were in gangs because they generally got kicked out of school and would die or disappear not long afterwards. Worst of all it's over postcodes, stupidest shit I've seen.
More than 50k people dead in the span of some months because of COVID. Yet, the world goes on in their absence completely unfazed. Your life is only meaningful to you and your loved ones, sxb. And while it may mean little to the world at large, the resounding effects it has on the people you leave behind will be felt.

So, if your life means nothing to someone, it means everything to you and the people that care about you. Life is cheap? That's just a perspective, isn't it?
Well that's a nice perspective. I guess I felt a bit nihilistic after remembering people's deaths. I don't know, I guess it's just how quick one can lose a life over inane crap. From cigarettes to postcodes to being looked at the wrong way. It just makes everything seem futile.