LET THIS SINK IN! Mogadishu is about to surpass Nairobi in population...However, it is not something to be happy about..You ask why! Soo gal NEEFYAHOW

Shogun

Waa anaga orodneey, nabad doonaney
Typical typical response. Either respond to what I said, or quit resorting to personal attacks because you have nothing of value to add to the conversation. It makes you look both pathetic and emotional macaanto.

*ignored*

The irony. Why say something if you're upset at getting called out for it?

Not a good look lol

I said nice city (more like town) lol not modern 😂 I meant that there’s things to do. Social life is not a problem but infrastructural developments is a completely different issue.
Oops my bad, lol I kinda took that as it’s all is good, clean and fun etc 😌. But they’re exaggerating here though right, I mean they’re talking about sewer and qashiin flooding the streets.

btw are you still in Hargeisa? Honestly thought you’d be too stimulated to visit this site while there from all the all the buuq and activity around you lol. Any regrets so far? You can dm me if you don’t wanna post it here. 🙏🏽

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Oops my bad, lol I kinda took that as it’s all is good, clean and fun etc 😌. But they’re exaggerating here though right, I mean they’re talking about sewer and qashiin flooding the streets.

btw are you still in Hargeisa? Honestly thought you’d be too stimulated to visit this site while there from all the all the buuq and activity around you lol. Any regrets so far? You can dm me if you don’t wanna post it here. 🙏🏽
Hargeisa barely has any roads. Garbage everywhere so no it’s not an exaggeration :reallymaury: I can’t imagine what it’s like in the rainy season. With that being said, the place has a lot of potential considering what people here have been through. Hoping SL gets recognized soon.

I’ll dm you the rest

Reminds of me France during the reign of Luis the 14th, he build a magnificent palace in Versailles, pure gold shinning marvel of a palace, but yet the King was squatting on a pot, & pooping. No water pipes. Didn't even copy the Romans who had aqua toilets. Toilets seat made of stones, and underneath it a long line of water leading all the way to outside the city main water like an ocean or river

Moral of the story:

Humanity just love to show off for other humans. Shinny dress, but underwear stinking and full of holes. Or socks?

Today in Xamar , fobs, look shiny with their tight jeans & purple suits on social media. Forehead shinning, looking all modern on various social media while if you asked him or her where she pooped or had a shower. U will get a nasty stare, & them calling u a blatant hater. Which i maybe guilty or not. :(
I would look at you crazy too if you asked me where I pooped

Hargeisa barely has any roads. Garbage everywhere so no it’s not an exaggeration :reallymaury: I can’t imagine what it’s like in the rainy season. With that being said, the place has a lot of potential considering what people here have been through. Hoping SL gets recognized soon.

I’ll dm you the rest
31 years and no sewage pipes, Xamar is light years ahead of all the other cities in Somalia.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
31 years and no sewage pipes, Xamar is light years ahead of all the other cities in Somalia.
I have never been to Xamar so I can’t speak on that but from reading this thread I get the impression it’s a similar situation down there too

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Use to be optimistic just like u. But don’t think Somalia will recover anytime soon. Give them even 100yr. You have population that grew up in 30yr of wars and no government or weak governments like SL and Puntland. Somalis in diaspora very different to Somalis back home.
1/3 of Somalis in Somalia r mentally ill.
1/3 of Somalis in Somalia r malnourished.
So how do u expect them to rebuild a nation. It took Germans 15yrs and they were granted billions in loans and had a smart IQ population. But back to Somalia. The population will increase and more problems will occur. You will see Xamar and Hargeysa becoming big slums. I don’t think Somalia can sustain a lot of people.

But the solution is:
This country needs cultural revolution and eugenicsism. Even then it might take 80yrs to rebuild.

Are you really so self-hating that you believed that bullshit about Somalis having inherently low IQs?

The most annoying thing about that IQ thing is that it's a flat-out lie. It's from the known racist and charlatan Richard Lynn's original paper where they were shown to have fabricated the results of many countries to suit their agenda while pretty much ignoring the Flynn Effect which shows that, as countries industrialize, their average IQ rises to the level of current industrialized countries which, for example, explains the variability of Chines IQ since the 1980s.

You know what they did with Somalia? They tested one malnourished Ethiopian village with a supposed IQ of 64 then just assumed Somalia was at some sort of average between that single Ethiopian village and another neighboring country like Kenya where they again just used one small, biased sample. They never even tested any Somalis.

These people deserve to lynched for insulting and dehumanizing entire peoples like this. Human garbage. And shame on any self-hating Somali who ever quoted this crap and didn't do their homework.

It's a lie, sweetheart. There is nothing inherently "low IQ" about Somalis compared to any other Human population that would require eugenics. The level of self-hatred... You can seriously look at your own mother and father and think some random Kraut twat is somehow inherently superior to them without even having done the proper research to realize those IQ stats are fraudulent or look up shit like the flynn effect which shows clearly that, as they industrialize, all developing countries pretty much catch up with developed ones? Shame on you, truly.

@Hot Ballah

I'd like to commend you for starting this excellent thread and for sharing some very good (and obvious) observations.

I absolute cringe as well when I hear about diaspora Somali's "investing" back home. It is always a restaurant, hotel or some other shitty service business. I have seen born and bred Somali's living in the West uproot themselves from their privileged first world home and go to Somalia to start a freaking COFFEE SHOP in Garowe.

Guys and gals, Somalia does NOT need another run down hotel made from Ottoman era mudbricks or another restaurant, that serve only diasporas anyway.

What Somalia needs is investment that can bring foreign exchange currency into the country, not such suck out the little capital already floating inside the country. We need businesses that export. Banana's, fish, invest in farming etc.

But here's the kicker: You can't really blame the diaspora as most of things require electricity. You can't industrialize without electricity. And Somali businesses spend an enormous amount operating diesel generators, there's just no way you can operate a small factory or farming operation with no cheap energy.

The government needs to make creating a power plant, however small, the number #1 priority. The sad thing is that there is sooo much that could be "#1 priority", but the government has over the last 30 years shown to be incapable of making ground on absolutely no priorities. I said this before and I say it again, Somalia is fucked. There's not much you can do without security & a government that isn't perpetually in lifesupport.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Use to be optimistic just like u. But don’t think Somalia will recover anytime soon. Give them even 100yr. You have population that grew up in 30yr of wars and no government or weak governments like SL and Puntland. Somalis in diaspora very different to Somalis back home.
So how do u expect them to rebuild a nation. It took Germans 15yrs and they were granted billions in loans and had a smart IQ population. But back to Somalia. The population will increase and more problems will occur. You will see Xamar and Hargeysa becoming big slums. I don’t think Somalia can sustain a lot of people.

But the solution is:
This country needs cultural revolution and eugenicsism. Even then it might take 80yrs to rebuild.
80 years? It depends on your standards and what it means to be “rebuilt”, if you want Somalia to be a developed country at the VERY least like the level of turkey, not developed like the west. 80 years is actually good. Considering the state.

I just want Somalia to be self sustaining, growing steadily, have decent economy and power in the area. Something like kenya except a little less sh*tty, that won’t take 80 years, probably 30 years max. Once Somalia’s on its footing, there’s little that can stop it from becoming a developed nation.

As long as Somalia isnt hanging by a thread and isn’t constantly being led by the IC in the next 5 years then I’ll be happy, because that’s progress.

Of course if you mean to recover as in become self sustaining, then you are horribly wrong. Not even pessimistic. Just wrong.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
@Hot Ballah

I'd like to commend you for starting this excellent thread and for sharing some very good (and obvious) observations.

I absolute cringe as well when I hear about diaspora Somali's "investing" back home. It is always a restaurant, hotel or some other shitty service business. I have seen born and bred Somali's living in the West uproot themselves from their privileged first world home and go to Somalia to start a freaking COFFEE SHOP in Garowe.

Guys and gals, Somalia does NOT need another run down hotel made from Ottoman era mudbricks or another restaurant, that serve only diasporas anyway.

What Somalia needs is investment that can bring foreign exchange currency into the country, not such suck out the little capital already floating inside the country. We need businesses that export. Banana's, fish, invest in farming etc.

But here's the kicker: You can't really blame the diaspora as most of things require electricity. You can't industrialize without electricity. And Somali businesses spend an enormous amount operating diesel generators, there's just no way you can operate a small factory or farming operation with no cheap energy.

The government needs to make creating a power plant, however small, the number #1 priority. The sad thing is that there is sooo much that could be "#1 priority", but the government has over the last 30 years shown to be incapable of making ground on absolutely no priorities. I said this before and I say it again, Somalia is fucked. There's not much you can do without security & a government that isn't perpetually in lifesupport.
If Some cities had textile factories, manufacturing businesses, farms, and food production factories. I promise Somalia’s economy would skyrocket and so many problems would be solved.

This is because all of these things are currently imported, things that every single person needs. Now, instead of spending billions of dollars on importing clothes and foods, they can spend that on other things. Plus those factories will provide more jobs for many more people. The owners of those factories would gain immense profits and they could invest in more factories or businesses that directly solve local problems.

In the west, the best businesses are consumer type businesses. In somalia, the best businesses are essential businesses. With growing population in 3rd world countries, it’s honestly a gold mine if you can make the right investments and have the connections.

I have never been to Xamar so I can’t speak on that but from reading this thread I get the impression it’s a similar situation down there too

Xamar is alot more built then Hargeisa while havimg 3-4 times the population. The worst parts if Xamar are the IDP camps and the outskirts, but the capital has functioning sewage pipes , garbage trucks and strong infrastructure.

I also found Bosaso and Garowe have good infrastructure due to their size and being built from scratch.

@Hot Ballah

Electricity runs in the major Somali cities 24/7, a power plant needs a coal and billions in investments. I am studying a masters in electrical engineering and power initialization is extremely costly.

The FGS has been focusing on the normalization of the financial sector so as to be able to write off debt and grow IC trust. This will inturn allow more loan capacity and growth.

The government has only existed for 8 years, most of the work is focused on security and institution building.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Mogadishu is already running out of groundwater and is beginning to experience saltwater intrusion. It will have to tap the Shabelle river, and end irrigation south of Balcad. Lower Shabelle, Somalia's most productive farming region, will have to lose its water.

But the solution is:
Hard times create strong men, strong men bring good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times, that's the cycle of life.

We are at the junction were the good times are about to begin and the early birds will get the best worms, 70% of the population is under 30, the older toxic weak men are dying off and covid is accelerating this rapidly, the mental illness you speak off is dominated by that group.

The youth in Xamar are far ahead of the confused diaspora in every category despite having less opportunities, if opportunities were equal it would be a slam dunk, the hunger is unreal her.

I would hand out highly technical books that takes the average motivated diaspora 3 months to go through including myself and these guys do it in a week.

Yes there are a lot of challenges but with that comes great opportunities, once decent governance is established which is close to becoming a reality, the trajectory is to the moon.

It will take a decade before the fruits are harvested and others realize it, the Saudis have deported countless highly skilled Somali engineers from various disciplines to Xamar that I met making a huge difference, countless others from the West are her too many for the first time.

It's like bitcoin when it was just $50 a coin and everybody laughed at it and in no time it went to 50k less then a decade.

Once peace and stability is established which will be very soon, you will see the wealthy African, European and Middle East diaspora flood in with huge capital.

There is a reason why the Kikuyee, Xabashi and Arabs want to keep the country in civil strive.

The cultural Revolution you speak off is already gaining ground with the youth, they have rejected toxic qabyaalad and kharijiite extremist idealogy, majority have smartphones and they are up to date with the rest of the world.

Last edited:

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Problem is that someone has to be the first to sacrifice in order for future generations to live well.

Few are the ones that are willing to leave the commodities of diasporan life for pioneer resettling and rebuilding.

What people dont understand is Somalia's growing exponentially, if we
Hard times create strong men, strong men bring good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times, that's the cycle of life.

We are at the junction were the good times are about to begin and the early birds will get the best worms, 70% of the population is under 30, the older toxic weak men are dying off and covid is accelerating this rapidly, the mental illness you speak off is dominated by that group.

The youth in Xamar are far ahead of the confused diaspora in every category despite having less opportunities, if opportunities were equal it would be a slam dunk, the hunger is unreal her.

I would hand out highly technical books that takes the average motivated diaspora 3 months to go through including myself and these guys do it in a week.

Yes there are a lot of challenges but with that comes great opportunities, once decent governance is established which is close to becoming a reality, the trajectory is to the moon.

It will take a decade before the fruits are harvested and others realize it, the Saudis have deported countless highly skilled Somali engineers from various disciplines to Xamar that I met making a huge difference, countless others from the West are her too many for the first time.

It's like bitcoin when it was just $50 a coin and everybody laughed at it and in no time it went to 50k less then a decade.

Once peace and stability is established which will be very soon, you will see the wealthy African, European and Middle East diaspora flood in with huge capital.

There is a reason why the Kikuyee, Xabashi and Arabs want to keep the country in civil strive.

The cultural Revolution you speak off is already gaining ground with the youth, they have rejected toxic qabyaalad and kharijiite extremist idealogy, majority have smartphones and they are up to date with the rest of the world.
That's very true, that's why I think the government main and only responsibility should be Peace and Security. Somalis are very good at enterprising and will create industries that will at the end create more business and job opportunities for other somalis.

Trending