LET THIS SINK IN! Mogadishu is about to surpass Nairobi in population...However, it is not something to be happy about..You ask why! Soo gal NEEFYAHOW

You people see aerial views of these cities in Somalia/SL/whatever and assume that these cities are well-developed and prospering. You can't tell how well a city is doing unless you're on the ground. Mogadishu and Hargeisa are both stank-ass shitholes.

I lived in Hargeisa for five years. There is absolutely ZERO infrastructure in that city. No roads, no sewer systems (not even trenches alongside the few roads it got to manage flooding), minimal street lights, no sidewalks, no NOTHING. Every time I saw a new shiny building being built with a shitty road in front of it, I slightly died inside.

Don't get me started on the suuq. Absolutely chaos. When it's dry, it's a sandy mess, you can't go back home without being covered with sand because of the lack of sidewalks and cars kicking up sand. And when it's rainy, a muddy vile mess. The public toilets overflow, mixing with the mud. TONS of donkey feces, that mix with the mud. I surprised deadly plagues haven't started and affected our people yet because of the nonexistent sanitation.

And just like Mogadishu, the population of Hargeisa is rapidly growing. We'll start looking like the slums in Kinshasa, Congo if parts of the two largest Somali cities don't already look like it.View attachment 172691
So sis, why are Somalis saying “it’s prospering, come back to the country!” etc. Is it a case of misery loves company? Xaasidnimo? I mean, let’s be real, many Somalis in the west sacrificed their children’s future by living in run down areas in order to save up money to buy a huge home. Maybe it’s them feeling like they have no choice but to be ok with living in Somalia because they didn’t make a life in the west. Who knows? Either way, I’m weary of what I see in the media, and there’s a lot to improve before Somalia becomes a fully functioning environment. No amount of carefully curated social media content by whomever will convince me otherwise.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
So sis, why are Somalis saying “it’s prospering, come back to the country!” etc. Is it a case of misery loves company? Xaasidnimo? I mean, let’s be real, many Somalis in the west sacrificed their children’s future by living in run down areas in order to save up money to buy a huge home. Maybe it’s them feeling like they have no choice but to be ok with living in Somalia because they didn’t make a life in the west. Who knows? Either way, I’m weary of what I see in the media, and there’s a lot to improve before Somalia becomes a fully functioning environment. No amount of carefully curated social media content by whomever will convince me otherwise.

Did u find a baby sitter?

I’m not being pessimistic, don’t get me wrong, I’m just looking at reality. That initiative you mentioned isn’t ran by the government. That’s the crux of the problem, it’s not about taxing, because they have the funds, A LOT of it, look at the Somali government’s budget and 30% of it goes to paying officials.

They get millions from the UN in aid money. You can only go so far with NGO’s doing everything the government should be doing.

In the end, this is a temporary solution. Long term solutions should be put into place, not things that will work for the next few years. It’s still not too late for Somalia to get its act together, so we shouldn’t be complacent with what little is being done, a lot more should be happening at a far larger scale. Downtown Mogadishu isn’t the only place in Somalia.
Honestly I wouldnt blame the government all that much for this specific issue, the problems in Somalia and especially around the capital is so grand that i can see why waste management isnt at the top of their to do list. That doesnt mean we get complacent and forget about it all together, its that i can somewhat see the rationale behind it.

Whats much more important to me and I'd bet most of the citizens of Mogadishu would be security and stability which is what the city needs, once that is established the rest would become much more easier to achieve. In all if you were to compare the city today and the city a decade ago you would tell a lot has been done. I agree that the funds that they currently have is being mismanaged and the salaries the politicians get is ridiculous for a nation like Somalia and of course it should all be addressed, however all im saying is that we should realize where the city has been and that if people wish to show progress being done to the world however big or small should by all means 👍🏾

Last edited:
Can u imagine being so unlucky as to NOT know how to NOT be a victim of the slum? Seriously. I am surprised there is no break out of the black plague from this

The people have little blame. It reminds me.... if there's one thing that dowlada hoose ee Hargeisa was ON. TOP. OF. it was collecting taxes. From the weak ayeeyo with her wheelbarrow selling moos on the roadside to the shop owner to the large restaurants, the government did not play when it came to collecting taxes.

And what do the local government do when these taxes, stuff their pockets for a fourth young wife to marry.

The people who dutifully pay their taxes are fucked. Perhaps if they were allowed to keep their money, they would have been able to pool money together and build roads and sewage systems for themselves.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
The people have little blame. It reminds me.... if there's one thing that dowlada hoose ee Hargeisa was ON. TOP. OF. it was collecting taxes. From the weak ayeeyo with her wheelbarrow selling moos on the roadside to the shop owner to the large restaurants, the government did not play when it came to collecting taxes.

And what do the local government do when these taxes, stuff their pockets for a fourth young wife to marry.

The people who dutifully pay their taxes are fucked. Perhaps if they were allowed to keep their money, they would have been able to pool money together and build roads and sewage systems for themselves.

no one is paying taxes in Somalis. (except maybe two big companies)

They don't even have jobs

The country is definitely doing much better now compared to how it was it was after the wars. I don't think it's xaasidnimo, they just believe that all Somalis in the West should come back home and contribute to the development. And that's a sacrifice that not all are willing to do.

Most Somalis from the West don't even notice these conditions because they live and shop from places most of the local population cannot afford. Jigjig-yar, Bada-Cas, 150 are all neighborhoods where most of the Westerners live. These neighborhoods have modern supermarkets, cute little cafes, international schools, etc. They live in a bubble. Hence the " come back home, it's well-developed."

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
now you’re just looking for excuses. You’re acting like once you go there there’s only misery. No ones saying drop everything you have and leave to somalia to stay there forever. If you have 0 plans of ever going back to Somalia and planning on staying in the west for your whole life that’s where the problem is.

My brother went to Somalia for a year and a half and he enjoyed his time there so much he’s seriously considering moving there. How hard is it to invest in your home country? Acting like once you go to somalia you’ll be shot dead on the streets lol

Reborn

I suggest you watch this candidate for the upcoming mayor elections in Hargeisa
He tackles a lot of the issues you mention in his youtube series.

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
You people see aerial views of these cities in Somalia/SL/whatever and assume that these cities are well-developed and prospering. You can't tell how well a city is doing unless you're on the ground. Mogadishu and Hargeisa are both stank-ass shitholes.

I lived in Hargeisa for five years. There is absolutely ZERO infrastructure in that city. No roads, no sewer systems (not even trenches alongside the few roads it got to manage flooding), minimal street lights, no sidewalks, no NOTHING. Every time I saw a new shiny building being built with a shitty road in front of it, I slightly died inside.

Don't get me started on the suuq. Absolutely chaos. When it's dry, it's a sandy mess, you can't go back home without being covered with sand because of the lack of sidewalks and cars kicking up sand. And when it's rainy, a muddy vile mess. The public toilets overflow, mixing with the mud. TONS of donkey feces, that mix with the mud. I surprised deadly plagues haven't started and affected our people yet because of the nonexistent sanitation.

And just like Mogadishu, the population of Hargeisa is rapidly growing. We'll start looking like the slums in Kinshasa, Congo if parts of the two largest Somali cities don't already look like it.View attachment 172691

Yup, all Somalis are set for a population boom. Not just xamar - all. From Ogadenia to mandheera to zaylac. And the reality is none of these regions/countries have suffficient infrastructure.

My initial feeling was, considering this is a region wide problem, why are some people on here flexing like their tuulo isn’t in the same shit (pun intended). I wonder what it could be .... maybe that old ugly thing called qabyaalad? Disgusting. Their hatred for others prevents them perceiving reality.

now you’re just looking for excuses. You’re acting like once you go there there’s only misery. No ones saying drop everything you have and leave to somalia to stay there forever. If you have 0 plans of ever going back to Somalia and planning on staying in the west for your whole life that’s where the problem is.

My brother went to Somalia for a year and a half and he enjoyed his time there so much he’s seriously considering moving there. How hard is it to invest in your home country? Acting like once you go to somalia you’ll be shot dead on the streets lol
Very emotional response (not surprising). I am sorry for thinking you were different.

I suggest you watch this candidate for the upcoming mayor elections in Hargeisa
He tackles a lot of the issues you mention in his youtube series.

I like him. I'll try to convince my family to vote for him when I return this summer.

However, is he in the Kulmiye party? Is -ass Soltelco not running again?

Kkkkk @ the floating garbage during rainy season. What a shithole... but ironically the most advanced shithole in the country. It's like a polished turd.

Anyway, Mogadishu is no where near 5 million. The NGO vultures who havent amounted to anything in life like to make up these population milestones for renewed calls for funding of their Nairobi villas, their retirement savings, or for a few, to fund their political campaigns. I'd be surprised if Mogadishu has more than 2 million. Population numbers for the other cities are also exaggerated by 100% or more.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Kkkkk @ the floating garbage during rainy season. What a shithole... but ironically the most advanced shithole in the country. It's like a polished turd.

Anyway, Mogadishu is no where near 5 million. The NGO vultures who havent amounted to anything in life like to make up these population milestones for renewed calls for funding of their Nairobi villas, their retirement savings, or for a few, to fund their political campaigns. I'd be surprised if Mogadishu has more than 2 million. Population numbers for the other cities are also exaggerated by 100% or more.

you’re right ! They inflate the numbers so they can pocket the begging handouts.

you’re right ! They inflate the numbers so they can pocket the begging handouts.

Anyone who has been to Somalia can tell how empty that country is. You can walk for days in the miygi and not see anyone. It's even more empty if you go to K5. I have been in the clan territory of 3 so called big subclans walking with their camels. You can hear a pin drop.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP

never realized how funny that is :yloezpe::yloezpe:

Anyone who has been to Somalia can tell how empty that country is. You can walk for days in the miygi and not see anyone. It's even more empty if you go to K5. I have been in the clan territory of 3 so called big subclans walking with their camels. You can hear a pin drop.
Where are the people then? That makes no sense.

Trending