LET THIS SINK IN! Mogadishu is about to surpass Nairobi in population...However, it is not something to be happy about..You ask why! Soo gal NEEFYAHOW

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Mogadishu is headed for the 5m people mark in the coming years.

as opposed to Kenya where her metropolitan cities have somewhat evenly divided population the hell-hole we call Mogadishu has folks abandoning every other city in Somalia. Like moth is attracted to the light the Somalis are coming down to Mogadishu. This is starting to have devastating affect because Mogadishu has no infrastructure to handle this amount of people. In 1991 Mogadishu had under 1m people.

This was bound to happen when you have a society that behaves like the xoolos. So many of the people in Mogadishu do not understand the purpose of modernity. They don’t understand that they are living like savages. They do not understand that it is their god given right to have an accountable government, to have public works and to have a planned city.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Gri u said in the coming years. So are u just jumping the guns? Relax u will be dead by the time Somalia has a full functioning govt.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I’m curious as to how a city with no functioning drainage/sewage system will hold 5 million people.

Even the small sewers that the italians have built have long been clogged up with garbage and mud.

Flooding will come often, if you include the garbage on the streets you’ll have murky water with tons of plastic and compost flooding your streets.

I remember when I was in hargeisa that happened before, it rained heavily one day and the streets neighbourhood was literally flooded. You could see garbage floating on top and by the end of the rain all the garbage would collect in gutters on the side of the streets making giant garbage deposits.

Some photos I found of mogadishu:
365B70A7-CD0D-40BD-8ADC-081A09A14D92.jpeg

86F56A57-2B42-4763-BD54-394B68016AF5.jpeg

everyone’s talking about how much population their city has but no ones talking about how much infrastructure they have to support the population. lol

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I’m curious as to how a city with no functioning drainage/sewage system will hold 5 million people.

Even the small sewers that the italians have built have long been clogged up with garbage and mud.

Flooding will come often, if you include the garbage on the streets you’ll have murky water with tons of plastic and compost flooding your streets.

I remember when I was in hargeisa that happened before, it rained heavily one day and the streets neighbourhood was literally flooded. You could see garbage floating on top and by the end of the rain all the garbage would collect in gutters on the side of the streets making giant garbage deposits.

View attachment 172654
View attachment 172655

everyone’s talking about how much population their city has but no ones talking about how much infrastructure they have to support the population. lol

Reminds of me France during the reign of Luis the 14th, he build a magnificent palace in Versailles, pure gold shinning marvel of a palace, but yet the King was squatting on a pot, & pooping. No water pipes. Didn't even copy the Romans who had aqua toilets. Toilets seat made of stones, and underneath it a long line of water leading all the way to outside the city main water like an ocean or river

Moral of the story:

Humanity just love to show off for other humans. Shinny dress, but underwear stinking and full of holes. Or socks?

Today in Xamar , fobs, look shiny with their tight jeans & purple suits on social media. Forehead shinning, looking all modern on various social media while if you asked him or her where she pooped or had a shower. U will get a nasty stare, & them calling u a blatant hater. Which i maybe guilty or not. :(

Last edited:

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Reminds of me France during the reign of Luis the 14th, he build a magnificent palace in Versailles, pure gold shinning marvel of a palace, but yet the King was squatting on a pot, & pooping. No water pipes. Didn't even copy the Romans who had aqua toilets. Toilets seat made of stones, and underneath it a long line of water leading all the way to outside the city main water like an ocean or river

Today in Xamar , fobs, look shiny with their tight jeans & purple suits on social media. Forehead shinning, looking all modern on various social media while if you asked him or her where she pooped or had a shower. U will get a nasty stare, & them calling u a blatant hater. Which i maybe guilty or not. :(
I completely agree. Compared to how intricate, complex and all at the same time organized cities in the west are, it’s really sad.

Cities in somalia don’t have subway systems, public transit, city wide plumbing, police force, fire force, complex power grid, social services, community centres/recreation centres, parks, city bylaws, any protocols on building types. Literally anything that is needed for a large city.

Makes you think, what is the mayor really running? What do they do? Do they just collect taxes and distribute it amongst themselves or what?

The funny part is all those stuff are just the responsibility of the municipal governments. What about the provincial/regional governments? They should be in charge of public education, hospitals, wider police force, reserves and wildlife among other things.

All levels of government in Somalia seem to have no responsibilities. They’re just there as decoration.

Royalflush

novacane
if the governement wont build it then they should let private contractors bid to build parts of mogadishu's infrastructure, im sure it would be lucrative. they just need to expand xamar in benadir state and start collecting taxes from each new citizen. should be a deterrent for the waves of people coming in if the police enforce this tax, and they can fund infrastructure projects which the private sector can undertake. that was they have to pay the private sector and the money cant go "missing" because its not government entities building it.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
if the governement wont build it then they should let private contractors bid to build parts of mogadishu's infrastructure, im sure it would be lucrative. they just need to expand xamar in benadir state and start collecting taxes from each new citizen. should be a deterrent for the waves of people coming in if the police enforce this tax, and they can fund infrastructure projects which the private sector can undertake. that was they have to pay the private sector and the money cant go "missing" because its not government entities building it.

private contractors bid to build kulaaaha. Your out of touch with Somalia is astonishing. U need to be whipped like a horse or a slave huuno

Royalflush

novacane
private contractors bid to build kulaaaha. Your out of touch with Somalia is astonishing. U need to be whipped like a horse or a slave huuno
by private contractors i mean anyone who wants to do the job thats not a government entity. i know somalia has a lack of that atm :lolbron:
but theres diaspora somalis that can do the job

Metal Magician

Farmajo For President 2021
The reason I post that is because people who live in glass houses shouldn’t cast rocks while in it. Leave hamar cadey alone hargeisa ama garowe won’t amount anything to what hamar is, i.e. the capital of the republic..

View attachment 172654
View attachment 172655

I completely agree. Compared to how intricate, complex and all at the same time organized cities in the west are, it’s really sad.

Cities in somalia don’t have subway systems, public transit, city wide plumbing, police force, fire force, complex power grid, social services, community centres/recreation centres, parks, city bylaws, any protocols on building types. Literally anything that is needed for a large city.

Makes you think, what is the mayor really running? What do they do? Do they just collect taxes and distribute it amongst themselves or what?

The funny part is all those stuff are just the responsibility of the municipal governments. What about the provincial/regional governments? They should be in charge of public education, hospitals, wider police force, reserves and wildlife among other things.

All levels of government in Somalia seem to have no responsibilities. They’re just there as decoration.

Theres a lot of garbage in Somalia (all over) and my first thought was, why isn’t there a waste management company that can take the trash and have incinerators and garbage/recycling dumps in an area far away from where people live? We’re natural entrepreneurs and that alone would make people rich, while also addressing a community need. But, as long as we have cafes, restaurants and highly edited pictures of beaches (which if you’ve seen videos, are filled with stray dogs and lots of trash) then Somalia is on the come up according to lots of people. :comeon:

We need to be honest. Let’s stop living in denial and work to get things done for our country.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Theres a lot of garbage in Somalia (all over) and my first thought was, why isn’t there a waste management company that can take the trash and have incinerators and garbage/recycling dumps in an area far away from where people live? We’re natural entrepreneurs and that alone would make people rich, while also addressing a community need. But, as long as we have cafes, restaurants and highly edited pictures of beaches (which if you’ve seen videos, are filled with stray dogs and lots of trash) then Somalia is on the come up according to lots of people. :comeon:

We need to be honest. Let’s stop living in denial and work to get things done for our country.
I physically cringe when I see a new cafe/hotel/restaurant being built in mogadishu. The city’s bare necessities are ignored but they’re building fancy buildings in the city centre.

China didn’t start building skyscrapers, malls, hotels until it had farms, factories, and basic infrastructure built.

Liido beach is literally jam packed with people and garbage everywhere. Sad.

I physically cringe when I see a new cafe/hotel/restaurant being built in mogadishu. The city’s bare necessities are ignored but they’re building fancy buildings in the city centre.

China didn’t start building skyscrapers, malls, hotels until it had farms, factories, and basic infrastructure built.

Liido beach is literally jam packed with people and garbage everywhere. Sad.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

@Hot Ballah @Desert Flower

Just so you guys know there is some waste management initiatives being done in Mogadishu

The problem is that the city has dealt with a lot in terms of security and like everywhere else in Somalia, corruption, so politicians may not put as much of an emphasis on things like waste management as much as they should, also add the fact that a lot of the tax revenue that should be allocated by the government isnt as huge swaths of land is occupied by Al Shabab so they are already at a disadvantage, (add that a lot of the money is mismanaged) Mogadishu has dealt with a lot and just a little over a decade ago virtually the entire city was under no government and under the rule of terrorists and before that anarchy. Those people that like to boast about new things being built should, it demonstrates that progress is being done however that doesnt mean that the city is perfect, there are still many issues to deal with that should be addressed, this is why people should be able to do both, advocate for more change and also post when actual things are being done, like in the Mogadishu thread.
A problem with Somalis is that we like to complain about what hasnt been done while also not recognizing things that are being done and potentially why

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
completely agree, a cultural and societal reform is what is needed for Somalia above all else. Somalia are too near-sighted and extremely tribalistic. Even the chimps on her screaming about balkanization and “somaliweyn is a myth, colonial borders is what we need” shows that a lot of us lack critical thinking. In fact, most humans do, but everyone else had neighbouring enemies to compete with and motivate them to get their act together. But a somali’s biggest enemy is another Somali, to the point that they’d bring ethiopian and kenyan troops on other somalis.

completely agree, a cultural and societal reform is what is needed for Somalia above all else. Somalia are too near-sighted and extremely tribalistic. Even the chimps on her screaming about balkanization and “somaliweyn is a myth, colonial borders is what we need” shows that a lot of us lack critical thinking. In fact, most humans do, but everyone else had neighbouring enemies to compete with and motivate them to get their act together. But a somali’s biggest enemy is another Somali, to the point that they’d bring ethiopian and kenyan troops on other somalis.
I agree. Watch this video (I’m watching it now) and Farhiya Absie talks about this very thing (around 24:00 mark):

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
@Hot Ballah @Desert Flower

Just so you guys know there is some waste management initiatives being done in Mogadishu

The problem is that the city has dealt with a lot in terms of security and like everywhere else in Somalia, corruption, so politicians may not put as much of an emphasis on things like waste management as much as they should, also add the fact that a lot of the tax revenue that should be allocated by the government isnt as huge swaths of land is occupied by Al Shabab so they are already at a disadvantage, (add that a lot of the money is mismanaged) Mogadishu has dealt with a lot and just a little over a decade ago virtually the entire city was under no government and under the rule of terrorists and before that anarchy. Those people that like to boast about new things being built should, it demonstrates that progress is being done however that doesnt mean that the city is perfect, ther are still many issues to deal with that should be addressed, this is why people should be able to do both, advocate for more change and also post when actual things are being done, like in the Mogadishu thread.
A problem with Somalis is that we like to complain about what hasnt been done while also not recognizing things that are being done and potentially why
I’m not being pessimistic, don’t get me wrong, I’m just looking at reality. That initiative you mentioned isn’t ran by the government. That’s the crux of the problem, it’s not about taxing, because they have the funds, A LOT of it, look at the Somali government’s budget and 30% of it goes to paying officials.

They get millions from the UN in aid money. You can only go so far with NGO’s doing everything the government should be doing.

In the end, this is a temporary solution. Long term solutions should be put into place, not things that will work for the next few years. It’s still not too late for Somalia to get its act together, so we shouldn’t be complacent with what little is being done, a lot more should be happening at a far larger scale. Downtown Mogadishu isn’t the only place in Somalia.

You people see aerial views of these cities in Somalia/SL/whatever and assume that these cities are well-developed and prospering. You can't tell how well a city is doing unless you're on the ground. Mogadishu and Hargeisa are both stank-ass shitholes.

I lived in Hargeisa for five years. There is absolutely ZERO infrastructure in that city. No roads, no sewer systems (not even trenches alongside the few roads it got to manage flooding), minimal street lights, no sidewalks, no NOTHING. Every time I saw a new shiny building being built with a shitty road in front of it, I slightly died inside.

Don't get me started on the suuq. Absolutely chaos. When it's dry, it's a sandy mess, you can't go back home without being covered with sand because of the lack of sidewalks and cars kicking up sand. And when it's rainy, a muddy vile mess. The public toilets overflow, mixing with the mud. TONS of donkey feces, that mix with the mud. I surprised deadly plagues haven't started and affected our people yet because of the nonexistent sanitation.

And just like Mogadishu, the population of Hargeisa is rapidly growing. We'll start looking like the slums in Kinshasa, Congo if parts of the two largest Somali cities don't already look like it.
0_0.jpg

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
You people see aerial views of these cities in Somalia/SL/whatever and assume that these cities are well-developed and prospering. You can't tell how well a city is doing unless you're on the ground. Mogadishu and Hargeisa are both stank-ass shitholes.

I lived in Hargeisa for five years. There is absolutely ZERO infrastructure in that city. No roads, no sewer systems (not even trenches alongside the few roads it got to manage flooding), minimal street lights, no sidewalks, no NOTHING. Every time I saw a new shiny building being built with a shitty road in front of it, I slightly died inside.

Don't get me started on the suuq. Absolutely chaos. When it's dry, it's a sandy mess, you can't go back home without being covered with sand because of the lack of sidewalks and cars kicking up sand. And when it's rainy, a muddy vile mess. The public toilets overflow, mixing with the mud. TONS of donkey feces, that mix with the mud. I surprised deadly plagues haven't started and affected our people yet because of the nonexistent sanitation.

And just like Mogadishu, the population of Hargeisa is rapidly growing. We'll start looking like the slums in Kinshasa, Congo if parts of the two largest Somali cities don't already look like it.View attachment 172691

Can u imagine being so unlucky as to NOT know how to NOT be a victim of the slum? Seriously. I am surprised there is no break out of the black plague from this

Trending

Latest posts