Lessons From Bosaso Clan Instability

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It seems like they came to some sort of agreement what that agreement is no-one is saying.

https://www.puntlandi.com/?p=16087

But what I learned about this recent incident in Bosaso is what I always knew about PL. Clans are stronger then the State. Our state is basically 'symbolic' and not fully the 'authority' of the land. This is quite disturbing and we need to acknowledge this and begin 'official' monarchy approach.

That's why Monarchy exists, because they have historical legitimacy and influence over the people through centuries of governance while the official government knows they cannot operate in the land without defining what the role of the government is in the lives of the people and what the role of the Monarchy is for the people.

Every country in the world has some sort of 'pre-history' before nation states besides nations who had no unified kingdom such as 'aborigines and native americans', the rest of the world had kingdoms no matter how small or large those kingdoms were. Some were Local Kingdoms, Some were Coastal Kingdoms, Some were 'maritime' Kingdoms like Britain was and Oman even. But the point is everyone had some sort of 'authority' and structure and governance and soldiers. They lived according to the old world standard.

Puntland is still denying the authority of clan elders who control these 'militias'. There is no way an individual politician or even an Individual like myself can go to and get 'soldiers' from my clan without some elder approving my action. I simply do not have that sort of 'weight' or 'authority' to make such decision. Why do PL not discuss this? Why don't we define the role of the ISIMO, why are we only working on defining the government? when there is two powerful stakeholders in your land and one is being not 'regulated' in official constitutional documents, this leaves a 'vaccuum' and that vaccum can result in what you saw in Bosaso, Garowe, Galkacyo or any city in PL.

He is not reporting to any 'institution' or 'govt' lol. Ma jiro wax loo adeegsan karo Isimada ileen he is outside the 'structures' of the state. If he was made a Monarch and 'above' the state like Queen Elizabeth, his power will become less because he will no longer be able to authorize for one clan, he will need to consult with all clans in the Monarchy because the decision a monarch can make is 'whole of state' he won't have the opportunity to play politics like they do in the GURTI in SL because in the Gurti each clan takes care of his interest, but if the gurti is above the state, each clan has to take the state interest onboard because their decision can 'effect the whole state'.

That's why Queen is seen as ceremonial because she cannot make a decision without affecting the state as a whole.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The other reason I want a Monarchy is we need to get them busy speaking to other old world monarchs about their history, culture, kingdoms, and how Puntland fitted into the old world order. They should be busy on royal duties not sitting there 'arming up clans' over damn 'PMPF logisic contracts'. Wa ceeb weeye ISIM dhan ku mashqulsan 'xildhibaan iyo logistic contract'. Your supposed to be at the level of other Monarchy in the world, not be ghetto kings

Trending

Latest posts