Legalize all drugs! Khat is part of the culture

Legalize, tax and regulate all of the drugs. Use the tax money to then help addicts. Use the example of Khat, why do so many people do it? What causes someone to turn to it. Imagine a rehab for it instead of useless addicts sitting and chewing. Once you put something in public you can control it.

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
Khat is being used as a excuse to explain the terrible behaviour of many Somali men and women the drug is barely a real simulant. The real issue is abandoning your children to sit in cafe all night and being emotional unavailable , there are many functioning khat users, the culture that comes with chewing khat is what's fucked.

How could we legalize cocaine and meth when according to the sharia even alcohol should not be legal? I'm against alcohol but I assume meth and heroin are worse.

We need to not be brainwashed with Western liberal ideas and we need to follow Quran and Sunnah. Otherwise we are inviting disaster upon ourselves.

Agree khat needs to be eliminated from the culture, I remember being in Hargeisa and 98 percent of the men there chewed. The remaining were wadaads.
Literally the laziest shit I’ve ever seen kids start that behaviour at an early age.

The khat high is not worth the psychosis and physical damage it causes. If my people are going to be doing drugs, I'm going to need them to enter 2020 with us and go hard or go home.

The_Kong Dong

Somalia First!
Legalize, tax and regulate all of the drugs. Use the tax money to then help addicts. Use the example of Khat, why do so many people do it? What causes someone to turn to it. Imagine a rehab for it instead of useless addicts sitting and chewing. Once you put something in public you can control it.

Making a product/service illegal doesn't stop the consumers desire for said product/service. That's literally 101 economics yet the concept is impossible to get through the heads of the ignorant and uneducated:mindblown::jcoleno:

Once a product/service is criminalized a black market is created. A place where criminals can gain power, influence and wealth. Just look at the Narcos and Cartel of mexico, They arguably have more power and wealth than the government and law enforcement due to the profits from the illegal drug trade in America. Look at the statistics, people lie, numbers don't.

Criminalization is not the answer.

Last edited:
The World Health Organization (WHO) classified it in 1980 as a drug of abuse that can produce psychological dependence,[2] although the WHO does not consider khat addiction to be seriously problematic.[1]

You can overdose on anything even water, you monkey.
''Don't be foolish''
:cryinglaughsmiley:
lmfao who’s the monkey using a source from 1980. Get updated then spew your rhetoric.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3905534/

All the side effects long term khat users suffer from, which is common in your day to day users. It is an incredible addictive substance as it acts as an anti depressant which is a common trait in addiction you moron.

Get your facts straight ask anyone who has been a long term user what it’s like and they’ll tell you. If you’re going to use the ‘you can even overdose on water’ argument you have no basis of rational thought.

68iq in full effect

lmfao who’s the monkey using a source from 1980. Get updated then spew your rhetoric.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3905534/

All the side effects long term khat users suffer from, which is common in your day to day users. It is an incredible addictive substance as it acts as an anti depressant which is a common trait in addiction you moron.

Get your facts straight ask anyone who has been a long term user what it’s like and they’ll tell you. If you’re going to use the ‘you can even overdose on water’ argument you have no basis of rational thought.
How hard is it to understand that overdosing is the reason for that, you claiming khat is as incredibly addictive as cocaine is so embarrassingly wrong.
You can literally check Wikipedia and most websites and they will prove my point yet you are strawmanning and claiming I use a source which you found (how dumb can one be.)
Here's a couple of sources proving my point, you degen monkey.
  1. Yemen: Turning over a New Leaf: Khat Chewing Is on the Rise in Yemen, Raising Concerns about the Health and Social Consequences". Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 86(10): 741–42. doi:10.2471/BLT.08.011008. PMC 2649518. PMID 18949206. Retrieved 9 January 2014.
  2. ^ Jump up to:a b Nutt, D.; King, L.A.; Saulsbury, C.; Blakemore, Colin (March 2007). "Development of a rational scale to assess the harm of drugs of potential misuse". Lancet. 369 (9566): 1047–53. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(07)60464-4. PMID 17382831.
  3. ^ Jump up to:a b c d Manghi, Rita Annoni; Broers, Barbara; Khan, Riaz; Benguettat, Djamel; Khazaal, Yasser; Zullino, Daniele Fabio (2009). "Haight-Ashbury Free Medical Clinic". Journal of Psychoactive Drugs. 41 (1): 1–10. doi:10.1080/02791072.2009.10400669. PMID 19455904.
  4. ^ Sadeh ve'yerek – Newspaper of the Vegetable Growers Association, Issue 230, Tel-Aviv (March 2011). [Hebrew]
  5. ^ Google Books Ngram Viewer
  6. ^ Oxford English Dictionary, 1st edition, 1901 s.v.
  7. ^ Jump up to:a b c Dickens, Charles (1856) [Digitized 19 February 2010]. "The Orsons of East Africa". Household Words: A Weekly Journal, Volume 14. Bradbury & Evans. p. 176. Retrieved 9 January 2014. (Free eBook)
  8. ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w Al Zarouni, Yousif (2015). The Effects of Khat (Catha Edulis) (First ed.). London: Yousif Al Zarouni. ISBN 978-1-326-24867-3.
  9. ^ "Khat facts". ADF. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
  10. ^ "Catha edulis". Germplasm Resources Information Network(GRIN). Agricultural Research Service (ARS), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Retrieved 10 December 2017.
  11. Get your facts straight ask anyone who has been a long term user what it’s like and they’ll tell you. If you’re going to use the ‘you can even overdose on water’ argument you have no basis of rational thought.
Claiming my argument has no basis of rational thought is just an embarrasment and the fact that you are incorrect is so laughable.
All the side effects long term khat use, which is common in your day to day users. It is an incredible addictive substance as it acts as an anti depressant which is a common trait in addiction you moron.
It's an lightly stimulant and are you trying to claim the World Health Organisation is wrong...
Do you have a mental disorder...
:faysalwtf:

@Noobmaster699
I have a larger source sample than you, ''you degenerate.''
Your straw-man arguments have been disproved and your sources are not legitimate.

Judging from your user-name you seem young so that may explain why it seems like your brain hasn't been fully developed.

Even your own source claims khat is mildy stimulant:
Despite generally being considered a mild stimulant with moderate physical addiction, khat is proven to be psychologically addictive as well.
:O27GWRK:

Educate yourself little boy.

How hard is it to understand that overdosing is the reason for that, you claiming khat is as incredibly addictive as cocaine is so embarrassingly wrong.

You can literally check Wikipedia and most websites and they will prove my point yet you are strawmanning and claiming I use a source which you found (how dumb can one be.)
Here's a couple of sources proving my point, you degen monkey.
  1. Yemen: Turning over a New Leaf: Khat Chewing Is on the Rise in Yemen, Raising Concerns about the Health and Social Consequences". Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 86(10): 741–42. doi:10.2471/BLT.08.011008. PMC 2649518. PMID 18949206. Retrieved 9 January 2014.
  2. ^ Jump up to:a b Nutt, D.; King, L.A.; Saulsbury, C.; Blakemore, Colin (March 2007). "Development of a rational scale to assess the harm of drugs of potential misuse". Lancet. 369 (9566): 1047–53. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(07)60464-4. PMID 17382831.
  3. ^ Jump up to:a b c d Manghi, Rita Annoni; Broers, Barbara; Khan, Riaz; Benguettat, Djamel; Khazaal, Yasser; Zullino, Daniele Fabio (2009). "Haight-Ashbury Free Medical Clinic". Journal of Psychoactive Drugs. 41 (1): 1–10. doi:10.1080/02791072.2009.10400669. PMID 19455904.
  4. ^ Sadeh ve'yerek – Newspaper of the Vegetable Growers Association, Issue 230, Tel-Aviv (March 2011). [Hebrew]
  5. ^ Google Books Ngram Viewer
  6. ^ Oxford English Dictionary, 1st edition, 1901 s.v.
  7. ^ Jump up to:a b c Dickens, Charles (1856) [Digitized 19 February 2010]. "The Orsons of East Africa". Household Words: A Weekly Journal, Volume 14. Bradbury & Evans. p. 176. Retrieved 9 January 2014. (Free eBook)
  8. ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w Al Zarouni, Yousif (2015). The Effects of Khat (Catha Edulis) (First ed.). London: Yousif Al Zarouni. ISBN 978-1-326-24867-3.
  9. ^ "Khat facts". ADF. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
  10. ^ "Catha edulis". Germplasm Resources Information Network(GRIN). Agricultural Research Service (ARS), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Retrieved 10 December 2017.
Claiming my argument has no basis of rational thought is just an embarrasment and the fact that you are incorrect is so laughable.

It's an lightly stimulant and are you trying to claim the World Health Organisation is wrong...
Do you have a mental disorder...
:faysalwtf:

First of all if you actually knew how to read my statement had nothing to do with Khat having the same addiction levels as cocaine. The chemicals that are in Khat cathinone/cathine have similar behaviour patterns as amphetamines(cocaine/MDMA etc) which is why I explained why there jaws are twisted you mongoloid.
You jumped on the argument claiming that it isn’t addictive, which is probably one of the most bullshit thing I’ve ever heard. Any form of anti depressant substance has addictive levels as it alters your state of well being. And don’t tell me it is harmless when the majority of khat users are long term users who suffer from all of the health problems that I’ve mentioned before. Perfectly fine to be classified as a class C drug in the west.
The word straw man seems to be thrown a lot on this sub to for some reason, doesn’t make you sound smart mate I’ll put the definition here for you.

@Noobmaster699
I have a larger source sample than you, ''you degenerate.''
Your straw-man arguments have been disproved and your sources are not legitimate.

Judging from your user-name you seem young so that may explain why it seems like your brain hasn't been fully developed.

Even your own source claims khat is mildy stimulant:
Despite generally being considered a mild stimulant with moderate physical addiction, khat is proven to be psychologically addictive as well.
:O27GWRK:

Educate yourself little boy.

Prove to me how khat has any health benefits and that it posses no addictive traits within users and I’ll give you a cookie.

‘My data sample is larger than yours’ what is this a dick measuring comp, yet you’re spewing childish crap about me being a petulant child? Who’s the child now?

Trending