Lawyacado Corridor

The 256km major project has finally been approved by African Development Bank on 29th March 2023 and has been planned to be completed by 31 December 2025.

Thank you, Mudane Beyle. This will be massive for Beesha. We have already funded and built a road from Borama to our land in Ethiopia. :rejoice:
D7069F2E-98DF-4378-93A2-47E69438E66D.jpeg

Last edited:
So it connects zeylac to Boroma. That is the heart of Awdal so it is very good news economically
It goes beyond Saylac and connects to a town called Nagad (near the capital Djibouti) which also hosts the terminus for passenger rail services to Addis Ababa/Ethiopia. This is massive for Samaroon. We will be big beneficiaries of this project.

Last edited:
Isku tashi from Samaroon from both Awdal and Ethiopia will soon bring our own corridor into fruition Insha'Allah.

We are connecting Borama - Dharwanaaje (Harawo) to Jigjiga and we plan to connect to our district in Sitti (Dambal) then to Dire Dawa iA.
Screenshot_20230522_201352_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230522_200925_Facebook.jpg

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
It's a country approved project bro. It has been through the SFG, cba digging but @Hilmaam or @Rationale maybe know more.
I think project goes through FGS and then goes to Somaliland I'm guessing president has to be involved in some level but Im not sure bro dont know the whole process for getting funding and couldnt find it in document.

1684805729301.png

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
I think project goes through FGS and then goes to Somaliland I'm guessing president has to be involved in some level but Im not sure bro dont know the whole process for getting funding and couldnt find it in document.

View attachment 274592
Honestly surprised as I thought somaliland got loan money directly, not sure if its because this african devolpment fund and they are anti new states. Hopefully someone from somaliland can shed light on process

1684805959652.png

Reborn
The 256km major project has finally been approved by African Development Bank on 29th March 2023 and has been planned to be completed by 31 December 2025.

Thank you, Mudane Beyle. This will be massive for Beesha. We have already funded and built a road from Borama to our land in Ethiopia. :rejoice:
View attachment 274518

You do understand the funding is only for 30KM which is from Lowyaddo to Zeyla.The phase 1 of the project will end in 2027.

Regardless this development was needed in 1960

I wonder if this project will change the demographics in Zeila.

You do understand the funding is only for 30KM which is from Lowyaddo to Zeyla.The phase 1 of the project will end in 2027.

Regardless this development was needed in 1960

I wonder if this project will change the demographics in Zeila.
I should've been specified it's starting with phase 1 consisting of 30km, but you say that it as if only 30km is gonna be built out of the total 256km. 2027 is the project closing date, but the completation date is by 2025. Development on the project in other parts could possibly start and happen simultaneously.
Screenshot_20230523_162948_Samsung Notes.jpg

It will inevitably get fully built-in whatever time frame. Our organisations like ASARDA will also support to speed up the process.

This project will favour Samaroons when Saylac natives, Bahabar Celi subs, and Reer Dudub sub of Jibril Yonis, turn their attention toward Saylac instead of Borama. We're already the well-settled majority in most of the towns the project will go through. Those specific subs de-urbanising from Borama and building their land will do them good.
Screenshot_20230311_055705_Drive (1).jpg

Signing ceremony was done today for the first phase by AfDB East African Regional Director General, and the Dir Finance Ministers from Djibouti, Somalia, and Ethiopia.

Djibouti - Ilyas Moussa Dawaleh (Ciise)
Somalia - Elmi Mohamud Nuur (Samaroon) who picked off from Beyle.
Ethiopia - Ahmed Shide (Akisho/Gurre)

20230524_204046.jpg
20230524_204125.jpg

With 2 of them who were apart of the project proposition and endorsed it along with Beyle below in 2019.
20230524_204733.jpg

Last edited:
A staggering $53.25 million invested into the corridor. With $51.25 million out of the total being from AfDB which has funded through both Somalia and Djibouti.

And a $2 million contribution from Somalia with the $58 million it received from the world bank in 2022 to develop regional transport infrastructure in the country.

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
How is this project progressing? One of the biggest outside investments in long time From African development bank

Trending