Lawrence of Arabia despised Arabs even though they loved him

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
“Slaves of their appetite”
:duck:
“dreamed for weeks after their rare sexual exercises” (arabs are the original pajeets)
:damn:

“They would go to great pains for our pleasure”
Arabia Langaabia

:liberaltears:

1685858675962.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Let’s be real, any view that Lawerence had about Bedouin Arabs, he would have had that about Somalis. Somali culture isn’t much difference to traditional Arab Bedouin culture. We’re all Bedouin and have the so called limitations and flaws that they believe they had.

Last edited:
The thing about racists, Qeelbax, is that they will insult and find a way to corrupt everything. When you lack integrity, honesty flies out the window. It was not exactly like this portrayal for Somalis. Still, if you read texts from the 1800s, you will encounter a lot of ignorant horseshit. Those people had no manners in going to other people's land, receiving hospitality, and calling that subservient, but when they encountered people that held them at a distance, referred to them as savages and unsophisticated. They drank the social Darwinism Kool-Aid and were too high on themselves.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Let’s be real, any view that Lawerence had about Bedouin Arabs, he would have had that about Somalis. Somali culture isn’t much difference to traditional Arab Bedouin culture. We’re all Bedouin and have the limitations and flaws that they were accused of.
Yeah yeah yeah that’s not entirely true. Somalis are bedouins but our daqan is different. Let’s just be honest here

@Hamzza where is the slander?
The thing about racists, Qeelbax, is that they will insult and find a way to corrupt everything. When you lack integrity, honesty flies out the window. It was not exactly like this portrayal for Somalis. Still, if you read texts from the 1800s, you will encounter a lot of ignorant horseshit. Those people had no manners in going to other people's land, receiving hospitality, and calling that subservient, but when they encountered people that held them at a distance, referred to them as savages and unsophisticated. They drank the social Darwinism Kool-Aid and were too high on themselves.
I know which is why I said it wasn’t honest. They lied on Somalis too but it wasn’t on this scale.
:jaynerd:

Yeah yeah yeah that’s not entirely true. Somalis are bedouins but our daqan is different. Let’s just be honest here
In what major way is our dhaqan that different? We can’t be out here throwing stones in glass houses. At least, they’ve managed to create a safe and stable society, we haven’t.
@Hamzza where is the slander?

I know which is why I said it wasn’t honest. They lied on Somalis too but it wasn’t on this scale.
:jaynerd:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
In what major way is our dhaqan that different? We can’t be out here throwing stones in glass houses. At least, they’ve managed to create a safe and stable society, we haven’t.
We are qabiliste nomads. So are they. But tell me how we are like them? Are you saying our whole dhaqan are those 2 factors?
:damedamn:

It was most definitely just like that. Reading Burton will show you that they too thought we were nothing but savage Bedouins as well.
I am familiar with Burton's writing. A lot of other texts in the 19th century highlighted differences. Somalis were not carbon-copy or identical to Arab bedouins. Some similarities looking at it crudely, many differences. People have the tendency to draw reference to or parallel to what they consider closest - does not mean they are the same. In fact, in a lot of the texts from back then, they used to contrast Somalis to Bedouins because of their convenient comparative qualities.

I have some knowledge about these things. Some of the similarities are actually interesting while the differences are apparent from an in-depth study. In fact, Somalis were pretty exceptional. I will post a thread (wrote it many months ago and it is in some random document like many others like it, lol) in not a long time to highlight this because it goes into the whole formation of subsistence and our whole way of doing things on a broad scale.

Last edited:

Based

VIP
Arabs love white people so much, any compliment from a white person they get so much endorphins
Same could be said for any ethnic minority including Somalis who lose their minds when a white person wears dirac or says a few words in Somali.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Same could be said for any ethnic minority including Somalis who lose their minds when a white person wears dirac or says a few words in Somali.
Somalis do that about any ajnabi though. It’s so rare. But the “losing their mind” is an exaggeration.
:ivers:
We are also very skeptical of shisheeye. We’ll laugh with you but have a knife on the other hand.
:banderas:
Edit- Somalis do not love and fawn over whites like arabs. Stop the cap.
:what:

They are trying to put themselves in the white category, like there’s no difference between a pajeet and then them

Based

VIP
They are trying to put themselves in the white category, like there’s no difference between a pajeet and then them
And Somalis try to alienate themselves from being black like there’s no difference between a Mamadou and them

Based

VIP
Somalis do that about any ajnabi though. It’s so rare. But the “losing their mind” is an exaggeration.
:ivers:
We are also very skeptical of shisheeye. We’ll laugh with you but have a knife on the other hand.
:banderas:
Edit- Somalis do not love and fawn over whites like arabs. Stop the cap.
:what:
“We are also very skeptical of shisheeye. We’ll laugh with you but have a knife on the other hand”

Skeptical?:mjlaugh: the same Somalis who let an Arab own their biggest malls? The same Somalis who allow a military camp in the capital to be occupied by whites and other foreigners who drink qamri and harvest the organs of children? The same Somalis who’d starve and kill each other if the hand-outs from cadaans were to stop?

Trending