Lawmaker Fawzia Yusuf Haji Adam is a Presidential Candidate

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think she stands a chance?

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.voa...ial-candidate-says-time-women-lead-nation?amp

Somalia's top leaders, all men, have struggled for years to tame the Horn of Africa nation's insecurity and corruption. Lawmaker Fawzia Yusuf Haji Adam says it's time for a woman's touch and on Tuesday announced her candidacy for president. But getting enough support from Somalia's lawmakers, the vast majority of them men, will be a challenge.

Fawzia says she will bring a new lease on life to the country, if elected, by prioritizing security, economic empowerment and education. Her male counterparts, she says, have failed to do so.

No. If a female can't become president in a feminist-induced shithole that is the US, what makes you think it will happen in a country based of sharia?

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
I'll stick with the enemy I know. These somali eedos are just as ruthless and fucked up if not more. She already has a corrupt rapsheet too.

No. If a female can't become president in a feminist-induced shithole that is the US, what makes you think it will happen in a country based of sharia?
Idk tbh Sharia clearly isn’t a thing in Somalia...my mom watches videos of full on niqabis twerking at parties and grinding on men in Somalia...I feel like the whole religion thing is a front at this point

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
Look at what the men have done to the country. Rabsho and unnecessary violence. This might be the change Somalia needs :fittytousand: Somalia isnt very progressive though so she might not receive much votes

Look at what the men have done to the country. Rabsho and unnecessary violence. This might be the change Somalia needs :fittytousand: Somalia isnt very progressive though so she might not receive much votes
Let’s all perform tahriib back to Somalia then just to vote for homegirl!! Bring all the feminist Xalimos

Idk tbh Sharia clearly isn’t a thing in Somalia...my mom watches videos of full on niqabis twerking at parties and grinding on men in Somalia...I feel like the whole religion thing is a front at this point
Sharia is heavily integrated in the government (on paper), it's just that they don't have the resources to implement it

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
As much as I want Somalia to be progressive and make forward-thinking moves, if Fowzia wins, it could spell disastrous consequences in Somalia.

As you know, Somalia is not the most egalitarian place for women and I can assure you many wadaads as well as their followers will not take kindly to a female president.

If Fowzia wins, she will give ammunition to Al-Shabaab who will advertise to wadaads and their followers that the FGS is a Western-influenced kuffar government and it will see a lot of people turn their back on the government.

The last thing we need in a battle of the minds of the people is to divide them on a simple issue such as this. When Somalia stabilises, I will become more than happy to back her for president.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Saddest thing is that out of all the candidates, she has the cleanest track record.

Also, she is from Somaliland and would be a beneficial boost to reconciliation efforts with them.

Had we not had to deal with AS and a very intolerant population then she would be perfect.

:noneck:

Ahmed Ato

Self-interest
the Sheikhs wont' allow this for islamic reasons. they are already have problem with Female quotas in the parliament.

Saddest thing is that out of all the candidates, she has the cleanest track record.

Also, she is from Somaliland and would be a beneficial boost to reconciliation efforts with them.

Had we not had to deal with AS and a very intolerant population then she would be perfect.

:noneck:

You are wrong on the bolded point. She would be the complete opposite of that. Somaliland has insisted that no-one originally from Somaliland can represent Somalia in any of the negotiation talks we have had to date. This is for a number of different reasons, including:
  1. It would question Somaliland's sovereignty, as she'd be there as someone "representing Somaliland" within the Somalia government.
  2. Turncoats have no integrity. They are duplicitous in nature and could change their mind tomorrow and go back on their word.
There are several other reasons but the two above are two prominent ones.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
You are wrong on the bolded point. She would be the complete opposite of that. Somaliland has insisted that no-one originally from Somaliland can represent Somalia in any of the negotiation talks we have had to date. This is for a number of different reasons, including:
  1. It would question Somaliland's sovereignty, as she'd be there as someone "representing Somaliland" within the Somalia government.
  2. Turncoats have no integrity. They are duplicitous in nature and could change their mind tomorrow and go back on their word.
There are several other reasons but the two above are two prominent ones.

Using that logic, no-one from Somaliland can represent themselves at the conference. Because it challenges Somalia, an internationally recognised nation's, sovereignty. Also, they themselves are turncoats to the nation-state they live in.

You see how incredulous that argument is?

I do not mean to insult you, laakin if she was made madaxweyn, it would increase Somalia's legitimacy amongst the people in Somaliland. Also, Somaliland would have negotiations regardless of who is sitting in Villa Somalia and that is their right.

the Sheikhs wont' allow this for islamic reasons. they are already have problem with Female quotas in the parliament.

LOL

Like a Puntite female politician said: "Somali Imams have no problem with Somali women selling khat next to men all day long, but when they want to take part in politics, all of a sudden they talk about "haram".

Using that logic, no-one from Somaliland can represent themselves at the conference. Because it challenges Somalia, an internationally recognised nation's, sovereignty. Also, they themselves are turncoats to the nation-state they live in.

You see how incredulous that argument is?
You have got the argument backwards. People like Fowziya are turncoats because they ran off to Somalia the moment they failed in Somaliland politics. That is the case for 90%+ of those who claim to represent Somalia. The moment the dollars stop flowing into their coffers down south, they'll run north again and ask for forgiveness from reer Somaliland. That is why they are turncoats without any integrity.
Somaliland cannot remotely be considered to be a turncoat by any objective individual, other than someone just petulantly looking to play a poor game of whataboutism. Somaliland voluntarily united with Somalia and then voluntarily chose to disengage from the union when Somalia fell apart. None of its decisions were ever about anything other than achieving what's best for its people and Somalis in general. In both instances it acted with ultimate integrity. Somalia and the International Community have chosen not to recognize that reclamation of Somaliland's independence, but neither would ever argue Somaliland is a "turncoat".

Somalia actually agreed with Somaliland's stance on the sovereignty question here. In both of the last negotiation meetings, Istanbul & London, no-one originally from Somaliland was allowed to represent Somalia in the negotiations.

I do not mean to insult you, laakin if she was made madaxweyn, it would increase Somalia's legitimacy amongst the people in Somaliland.

I hate say it but I think the above proves that your knowledge of reer Somaliland is practically non-existent. No-one in Somaliland would ever think that a traitor from amongst them becoming President of Somalia, would increase Somalia's legitimacy.
These turncoats and traitors are the same people who have stabbed Somaliland in the back time and time again. They have sided with a regime protecting the genocidal murders that committed atrocities to their people. These are the same people who voted against the Berbera port expansion and who have consistently supported the withholding of international funds designated for Somaliland. I could go on, but I think the point is clear.
Yet you somehow think reer Somaliland would just forget all that and get all giddy about a Presidency they don't give two shits about?

Trending