Largest historical man-made structure in somalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been wondring for a long time since every time I read about somali history, theres no relics of the past to prove this. Are there any BIG man-made structure from Somalias past made by any of the great empires like Ajuuran, Hiraab, Majeerteen, Hobyo, Dervish etc.

send pictures if you can

Last edited:

Tukraq

VIP
Have been wondring for a long time since every time I read about somali history, theres no relics of the past to prove this. Are there any BIG man-made structure from Somalias past made by any of the great empires like Ajuuran, Hiraab, Majeerteen, Hobyo, Dervish etc.

send pictures if you can
I doubt it, why build up when you can build across, are lands are so spacious:salute:we are not Brooklyn that has no room and created skyscrapers, or dumb Arabs who copied them when they have so much empty space in those barren desserts:manny: the only reason to have one logically is an overpopulation problem in an area with no space, however we’ve been blessed with vast space:banderas:

Yeah, I can agree with you that having skyscrapers or random tall buildings isn't really needed for nomads, but were there not any merchant or shayks that were maybe inspired by the outside worlds architectural beauty and wanted to show that Somalis could build something in that rank

Or maybe kings or sultans that wanted to show power and prestige by building anything nobody could copy

In over 2000 years of somali history isn't there one impressive castel, palace or something that could rival buldings made in Asia and Europe?

Sol

?
There are a few fortifications and structures that are crumbling located in some port towns (well villages when compared to western towns) and with the majority of Somalias urban population being concentrated in a handful of cities the potential for historical sights to be buried in the middle of baadiyo is very high making archaeological expeditions something to look froward to. Insha'allah there will come a point where we can rely on our own universities to conduct such expeditions to preserve our history and not just sell them to westerners or see them demolished by terrorists.

Inshallah, one day

Another question then, are there anyone on this forum that has pictures of 1800s somali kingdoms/sultanet

I doubt it, why build up when you can build across, are lands are so spacious:salute:we are not Brooklyn that has no room and created skyscrapers, or dumb Arabs who copied them when they have so much empty space in those barren desserts:manny: the only reason to have one logically is an overpopulation problem in an area with no space, however we’ve been blessed with vast space:banderas:
i love this
it don't like building over 5 stories, it's ugly to have so many tallllll buildings
tallest buildings should be a mosque, the presidential office and stadiums

Don’t have to be tall, just something that could been shown to other countries as a representation of Somali civilization. Something we all, regardless of qabiil, can be proud of.:fittytousand::fittytousand:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending