Language Test: Waqooyi Vs Mogadishu

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
Hey everyone,

Could you all share how you say certain words that'll be different from a northern and southern speaker.

Was watching news from xamar and kinda understood it when concentrating but there's still some differences.

Heard Waqooyi is slowly becoming standard Somali both a positive and a negative.
Positive - I can understand everyone easier.
Negative -No banter when I'm taking with my xamar peeps when we find something different

:susp:Us reer Koonfur don't speak Hindi. Af-Waqooyi should NOT be standard Somali. Do you want the rest of Somalis to start talking Hindi?
:susp:The Waqooyi accent is overloaded with DH:susp::susp: Even Baran is called Badhan:susp:

Waqooyi Koonfur

Casiir or Sharaab = Cabitaan or Bio
Xamaam = Musqul
Garac = Wecel
Laxoox = Canjeero

Last edited:

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
The news should never be reported in Xamar accent, that is feminine gay talk ,
it undermines Somali rich language and limitations ,I wouldn't take a southern guy serious on TV with that accent.

The news should be narrated in Bari and Mudug accents which are very understandable by both the South and the North .
:siilaanyosmile:

Last edited:

Jeesto

VIP
:susp:Us reer Koonfur don't speak Hindi. Af-Waqooyi should NOT be standard Somali. Do you want the rest of Somalis to start talking Hindi?
:susp:The Waqooyi accent is overloaded with DH:susp::susp: Even Baran is called Badha:susp:

Waqooyi Koonfur

Casiir or Sharaab Cabitaan or Bio
Xamaam Musqul
Garac Wecel
Laxoox Canjeero
Is you high:faysalwtf:
Badhan is spelled with DH because that's the correct name for the town the same way "Togdheer" has DH in it. It has nothing to do with accent/dialect.

How do you pronounce Togdheer? TogReer?:mjlol::dead:

Is you high:faysalwtf:
Badhan is spelled with DH because that's the correct name for the town the same way Togdheer has DH in it. It has nothing to do with accent/dialect.

How do you pronounce Togdheer? TogReer?:mjlol::dead:
:drakewtf: We're talking about Baran, not Togdheer.
Waryaa we call it Baran. You reer waqooyi love your DHs.
Look at this non waqooyi news website clearly spelling it as Baran. There's more non waqooyi websites calling it Baran aswell.
http://www.villapuntland.com/?p=31091
:camby:

Jeesto

VIP

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
If you have lived in Muqdisho you'll clearly notice the difference in accent in Muqdisho. If you're talking about the stereotypical Xamar dialect if they are not ciyaalka xaafadda you'll understand it 100%.

The South is vast there is the Central and the deep South which completely differs when it comes to dialects.

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
it undermines Somali rich language and limitations ,I wouldn't take a southern guy serious on TV with that accent.

The news should be narrated in Bari

Bari is very feminine imo but i agree with you Mudug should be the standard Somali our brothers in the North are our hillbilly:lolbron:

mudug as in all of galmadug and galkacyo right .because i noticed my sister law from norther galgcyo familly speak the same us the hg ,murusades and few abgaals thst live in galgaduud
I mean Galgaduud+Mudug.
People from Balanbale are still classified as "Reer Mudug". People from Caabudwaaq and Galdogob sound similar.

The news should be narrated in Bari and Mudug accents which are very understandable by both the South and the North .
:siilaanyosmile:
warya my xamaar accent and the word play will take ya gyal any day saxibo .

:susp:The Waqooyi accent is overloaded with DH:susp::susp: Even Baran is called Badhan:susp:

Waqooyi Koonfur

Casiir or Sharaab = Cabitaan or Bio
Xamaam = Musqul
Garac = Wecel
Laxoox = Canjeero
Casiir and sharaab= Arabic
Xamaam = Arabic
So not only are they Hindi but also appropriated Arabic, you’ll find a lot of Italian in the Xamari accent as well. We need to be more original with our shit man. Lol

Casiir and sharaab= Arabic
Xamaam = Arabic
So not only are they Hindi but also appropriated Arabic, you’ll find a lot of Italian in the Xamari accent as well. We need to be more original with our shit man. Lol
Yeah there's some Italian words. Sijilaato, sboorko and chao are examples.

Should be considered two different languages. Cannot understand Landers when they speak Somali :susp:

got a lot of different words too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending