Language learning

Mozart

You need people like me
Anyone who learnt another language : how did you do it without immersing yourself in the culture/country ?

x z

±somali supremacist, anti-inceI&queen in the north
I learnt Arabic because i went Arabic school until i was 6-7, so a foundation set, then committed to it when i was finishing high school and used multiple websites and went to a friend who taught me every week.
Best way to maintain it is actually speaking, and my best friends arab so that helps. &my mom knows a lot too

I lived in Egypt for 5 years as a child so I speak pretty good Arabic. My French is also pretty decent since I studied it for 5 years and spend a summer in France.

I would recommend for you to change your phone setting to the language you want to learn and just watch shows in that language, that might be the reason I can read and write in Korean now.

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
I learnt Arabic because i went Arabic school until i was 6-7, so a foundation set, then committed to it when i was finishing high school and used multiple websites and went to a friend who taught me every week.
Best way to maintain it is actually speaking, and my best friends arab so that helps. &my mom knows a lot too
Hold up u speak arabic?

greenvegetables

halal and earthy
Learned Dutch through listening to Dutch music and watching interviews to supplement what I was learning on apps.

Now I'm learning Arabic in university and gradually through seeking ilm and talking to other Muslims.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
watch cartoons with that language. i know xaliimos and farahs from baadiyee learn English from US cartoon. Walaahi it is very useful

Apollo

VIP
@BlackJack @x z

You guys speak an Arabic dialect or the standard Arabic?

What puts me off from learning Arabic is the diglossia. You have to essentially learn two languages to know Arabic (a dialect, and the standardized form). It is like having to learn Spanish and Latin I presume?

@BlackJack @x z

You guys speak an Arabic dialect or the standard Arabic?

What puts me off from learning Arabic is the diglossia. You have to essentially learn two languages to know Arabic (a dialect, and the standardized form). It is like having to learn Spanish and Latin I presume?
I speak Egyptian Arabic but my standard Arabic is pretty good as well.

I wouldn’t consider learning Arabic as learning two languages, since most Arabic speakers no matter the dialect know at least Basic standard Arabic since all the books and classes are taught that way in Egypt at least.

Apollo

VIP
I speak Egyptian Arabic but my standard Arabic is pretty good as well.

I wouldn’t consider learning Arabic as learning two languages, since most Arabic speakers no matter the dialect know at least Basic standard Arabic since all the books and classes are taught that way in Egypt at least.

What about TV shows.

What I enjoy from learning a new language is also learning a new culture. I gather that lots of Arabic TV shows are either in Egyptian or Levantine dialect. So here again you have to learn two languages essentially if I am not mistaken.

What about TV shows.

What I enjoy from learning a new language is also learning a new culture. I gather that lots of Arabic TV shows are either in Egyptian or Levantine dialect. So here again you have to learn two languages essentially if I am not mistaken.
If you are learning the language from TV shows then yes you are technically learning 2 different languages. But Egyptian Arabic is the most commonly spoken one and it’s very similar to standard Arabic so if you speak it you will have an easier time understanding other dialects.

Trending