Land prices in somaliland

Apollo

VIP
Speculate with stocks and other traditional investment vehicles. They go up much faster than Somali land (not to be confused with the word Somaliland, lol).

It is also immoral to push up land prices in a place where you don't live.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Speculate with stocks and other traditional investment vehicles. They go up much faster than Somali land (not to be confused with the word Somaliland, lol).

It is also immoral to push up land prices in a place where you don't live.
I think diaspora f*ck up the market for everybody

Exactly it’s foolish of a country to focus on building a stadium when there’s much more important things that needs to be built
Honestly what do you expect when you politicians are old ppl that have poor education. They won't even let young ppl run for positions.

:drakekidding:

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
For real I'm lucky my family already owns large amount of land otherwise the prices are way to high for a young person like me. 10k is a fair price for just a land plot.
Yeah but some areas it’s 50-80k for land why so expensive?

It’s not like there’s a beautiful scenery or view

Yeah but some areas it’s 50-80k for land why so expensive?

It’s not like there’s a beautiful scenery or view
I have no idea. It's just out of touch somalis thinking land is worth more than it is. At least make the land look nice and plant trees or something before marketing dusty land for 50k.

The land prices back home are absurd. Land is plenty and sparsely populated, we are not suffering from land scarcity like some small developed nations. There is absolutely no reason for prices to be that high.

Apollo

VIP
The land prices back home are absurd. Land is plenty and sparsely populated, we are not suffering from land scarcity like some small developed nations. There is absolutely no reason for prices to be that high.

The diaspora are speculating on it and pushing up prices.

Also, Somalia doesn't have (If I Recall Correctly) a traditional stock market system to put excess money into and most locals don't have access to international financial markets.

The diaspora are speculating on it and pushing up prices.

Also, Somalia doesn't have (If I Recall Correctly) a traditional stock market system to put excess money into and most locals don't have access to international financial markets.
This is wrong! I say some land should be off limits to diaspora. It puts the locals at a disadvantage.

150k in Burao downtown and that's one empty plot, next is like 15k and then you can get for 1 k if you drive out for 5km. like Burao, more spacious with running water round the clock and is developing real fast.

150k in Burao downtown and that's one empty plot, next is like 15k and then you can get for 1 k if you drive out for 5km. like Burao, more spacious with running water round the clock and is developing real fast.

Burao boordweyne is lit. Infrastructure wise it's better than Hargeisa, the oodweyne-burao road needs to be paved though... The current one is too rough to drive on.

@Bohol there's a defunct animal fattening facility inbetween burao and oodweyne. Do you know who started the build and why they abandoned the project?

Burao boordweyne is lit. Infrastructure wise it's better than Hargeisa, the oodweyne-burao road needs to be paved though... The current one is too rough to drive on.

@Bohol there's a defunct animal fattening facility inbetween burao and oodweyne. Do you know who started the build and why they abandoned the project?

yee that road need be fixed, don't know why? it be only 2hrs to hargeisa instead of the long journey thru berbera which is 5hrs.

Rent in Hargeisa is cheap. The average for a entire villa with 4-5 rooms is $300 a month. Only hotel owners are making a killing. In comparison if you had a house in UK worth 100k you can easily get a 20k per year return on it just from rent.

Interesting,Only way to get that kind of return is house of multiple occupancy(hmo).

Any update? I'm planning to visit Hargeisa/Borama this fall and curious about land prices. Have prices gone up or down in the last year? Is the market slow? I imagine fewer travellers thus less money coming into the market, suppressing prices a bit. Is that assumption correct?
I'm particularly interested in larger plots - 90m x 48m (blocks).

I have been to Hargeisa and the place is just screeming for help outside of the uptop areas like Maslaha/JJ yar, I saw homeless, dirt roads, polluted air, plastic everywhere the list goes on. I don't even know what the mayor does in that city, if you want land avoid Hargeisa at all costs try Berbera, Burco,Borama,Ceerigaabo etc :kodaksmiley:

There's also that woman without hijab smoking in the pavement close to the theatre I wonder who she is and whats her story :cosbyhmm:
finnally someone that admits Hargeisa is filthy and bad for business

Trending