Land-locked Ethiopia has a larger shipping industry than Nigeria

Nafiso Qalanjo

𝖂𝖊'𝖗𝖊 𝖌𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖜𝖆𝖗 𝖇𝖆𝖇𝖞!
Mashallah . I dont know how but Ethiopia did the impossible. Guess you all didnt need a sea after all.

Not to mention Nigeria has Africa’s largest economy 5x bigger than Ethiopia’s and is also a major oil producer

This will change soon as Nigeria will be converting their own crude oil to gas. They've been working on that for 2 years now. Their GDP will go up once their domestic needs is taken care of.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
I have a feeling that @xabashi is prepping us to accept and get used to the idea that some day one of the regions of Somalia will be annexed by Ethiopia. If they have a bigger shipping industry that Africa's largest economy, Nigeria and growing, it is only natural for them to seek the sea port access. The weakest and only point for annexation is Somalia, starting with appropriating the Awdal region of Somaliland and ending with PL or lower. Don't forget about China's Belt and Road Initiative in the area and close cooperation between China and Ethiopia. It might be a concerted effort by the two. Isn't Abiy pushing for road building towards us. Who is financing it? China?

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Ethiopia doesn't allow other people to trade in their country, it is extremely difficult to gain business licenses there and they don't rank good in Doing Business. That's what allowed them to form their own fleet otherwise existing fleets could have served their country.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
It could be true but Nigeria dwarfs Ethiopia's shameful GDP stats. A nation of 120 Million with a GDP of 80 Billion is disgraceful.

It could be true but Nigeria dwarfs Ethiopia's shameful GDP stats. A nation of 120 Million with a GDP of 80 Billion is disgraceful.
You shouldn’t be talking.
37874827-BA22-4BEF-9570-B5AB584C7CB2.jpeg

giphy.gif

Ethiopia‘s GDP is 105 billion in 2020 but remember Nigeria has oil and has more population and so a higher GDP than even south africa. Not to forget Ethiopia went through a communist dictatorship for 17 years and a 30 years civil war but still managed to raise from the ashes and soon will become one of the 5 biggest economies in Africa. Nigeria‘s shipping and Airlines industry is no match to that of Ethiopia even though Ethiopia has no oil and not even a sea port.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that @xabashi is prepping us to accept and get used to the idea that some day one of the regions of Somalia will be annexed by Ethiopia. If they have a bigger shipping industry that Africa's largest economy, Nigeria and growing, it is only natural for them to seek the sea port access. The weakest and only point for annexation is Somalia, starting with appropriating the Awdal region of Somaliland and ending with PL or lower. Don't forget about China's Belt and Road Initiative in the area and close cooperation between China and Ethiopia. It might be a concerted effort by the two. Isn't Abiy pushing for road building towards us. Who is financing it? China?

The usual endless conspiracy theory. In what language should we tell you that Ethiopia is not interested in annexing Somalian territory? Isn’t the last 30 years a living proof? I can’t say the same for Kenya though. They seem to be determined to get your see and land territories:ftw9nwa:. You better focus on that.

The usual endless conspiracy theory. In what language should we tell you that Ethiopia is not interested in annexing Somalian territory? Isn’t the last 30 years a living proof? I can’t say the same for Kenya though. They seem to be determined to get your see and land territories:ftw9nwa:. You better focus on that.
You really think we're dumb, Ethiopia doesn't need to annex Somalia when it already controls it. The whole federalism is paving the way for The Greater Ethiopia
greater_ethiopia_empire_by_prussianink_d7wpyck-fullview.jpg

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
You really think we're dumb, Ethiopia doesn't need to annex Somalia when it already controls it. The whole federalism is paving the way for The Greater Ethiopia.
I am afraid that eventually quantitative mass may lead to qualitative change making some parts of Somalia being inside Ethiopia.

Trending

Latest posts