Ladies: I need some advice on gifts

So I have this manager who is a xalimo. And I've been employed at this job for about a year. Now I've got offered a better job with much better pay and I'm leaving. I've given in my notice and what not. But I also want to gift this xalimo something special as a thank you and an appreciation for the work she's done for me. I don't often see women especially black women in her line of work and I really want her to know I'm proud for her. And I've spent the past couple of days thinking about what to get her.

I know I want to get a thank you card. And some nice chocolates. But then a couple nights ago I saw a really cool photographer who has this promotion on for professional portraits and I contacted the photographer about gifting a professional portrait. The photographers rates are very high like 500$ but its actually doable for me financially. I hope she could use the nice portrait to support her professional career.

Things I know I don't want to get her are flowers as thats way too romantic and I'm not in love with her.

I'm also unsure about candles. I'm starting to get into candle making and was thinking about gifting her a handmade candle by me too.

Let me know ladies your thoughts and also what other things I should consider. Also do you think the professional headshot thing is doing too much? Theres another madow lady that works alongside her and I don't want to just gift this Somali as then that would be kind of rude so I'm going to get them both the same things.
Also let me know what the best chocolates you've ever tasted were and that you'd recommend.

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
You’re very thoughtful that’s sweet, im sure she’ll appreciate whatever you get her. What does she like? Maybe you can get her a Spa Voucher or a gift card to her favourite coffee shop, or bookstore if she likes to read. Those are good generic gifts that everyone would like

You’re very thoughtful that’s sweet, im sure she’ll appreciate whatever you get her. What does she like? Maybe you can get her a Spa Voucher or a gift card to her favourite coffee shop, or bookstore if she likes to read. Those are good generic gifts that everyone would like
Thanks for your response. Spa voucher and coffee shop gift card both seems like a really good ideas. Do you think the headshot photography gift thing is doing too much? I want her to experience something really nice. Something she can look back on in the future and have a positive memory of me of. And whilst chocolates, gift cards seem nice they're not exactly that sort of experience that I hope the photography thing will achieve. Plus the photographer is a really skilled woman. I can almost guarantee that her headshot will be 10/10.

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
Thanks for your response. Spa voucher and coffee shop gift card both seems like a really good ideas. Do you think the headshot photography gift thing is doing too much? I want her to experience something really nice. Something she can look back on in the future and have a positive memory of me of. And whilst chocolates, gift cards seem nice they're not exactly that sort of experience that I hope the photography thing will achieve. Plus the photographer is a really skilled woman. I can almost guarantee that her headshot will be 10/10.
That's a good idea. And its something that will be useful to her in her career, she sounds career oriented. I know she would love it

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
So I have this manager who is a xalimo. And I've been employed at this job for about a year. Now I've got offered a better job with much better pay and I'm leaving. I've given in my notice and what not. But I also want to gift this xalimo something special as a thank you and an appreciation for the work she's done for me. I don't often see women especially black women in her line of work and I really want her to know I'm proud for her. And I've spent the past couple of days thinking about what to get her.

I know I want to get a thank you card. And some nice chocolates. But then a couple nights ago I saw a really cool photographer who has this promotion on for professional portraits and I contacted the photographer about gifting a professional portrait. The photographers rates are very high like 500$ but its actually doable for me financially. I hope she could use the nice portrait to support her professional career.

Things I know I don't want to get her are flowers as thats way too romantic and I'm not in love with her.

I'm also unsure about candles. I'm starting to get into candle making and was thinking about gifting her a handmade candle by me too.

Let me know ladies your thoughts and also what other things I should consider. Also do you think the professional headshot thing is doing too much? Theres another madow lady that works alongside her and I don't want to just gift this Somali as then that would be kind of rude so I'm going to get them both the same things.
Also let me know what the best chocolates you've ever tasted were and that you'd recommend.

No huuno. A card and box of chocolate is enuf. U dont want lesbian rumors or suspcioun ma ha?

Lostbox

γ€ŒImmortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
My go to gifts a chocolate for kids or a amazon gift card for adults. Probably throw in a thank you card

I know you’re in too deep in the simpin pimpin game, but the only guy who’s gonna leave her with such memories. Is the one doing the exorcism.

btw shouldn’t the gift be about her and not you?

Trending