Ladies ever wake up and be thankful you're not afghan?

I believe misogyny is a big problem in Somali culture but I've been doing thru afghan twitter and this shit is crazy I think I'm gonna go and hug a random Somali man for being chill

All cultures are different but this is shit I've seen
1.) Girls not being able to tell their brothers/dads their on their periods so have to fake fast
2.) Hugging your husband on your wedding day or in general around the girls parents or brothers is a big no??
3.) I think this is Iraqi thing but a half Afghan and Iraqi girl posted it so it's joining my anti afghan propaganda but in some places, the brothers of a bride don't attend their sister's wedding because they feel like they're being cucked or something
4.) Afghan girls literally PREFER having controlling brothers they literally show off be like "Your brother lets you eat an ice cream cone in public? what a cuckhold"

Maybe Somali men do deserve rights :it0tdo8::it0tdo8:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Never heard of this crap. Most Afghans I know are like Persians they become Westernised very fast. Afghan girls are very beautiful btw

Never heard of this crap. Most Afghans I know are like Persians they become Westernised very fast. Afghan girls are very beautiful btw
which country do u live in? because most of these ppl were from 4th world birmingham UK or current warzone of London

tbh what she says is true. Afghans have a collective psychological problem where they're paranoid about not getting cucked. I think it's because foreign invaders raped Afghan women a lot in Afghanistan but I barely know anyhting. This isn't the first time I heard about this issue among Afghans. Tbh their women are such nacnacs I'm not surprised they get cucked so hard. lol.

Alx:susp:

Imagine ur younger brother being controlling and overprotective over you like a jealous boyfriend :vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0: no wonder it’s easy for certain demographics to dabble in honour killings.

I believe misogyny is a big problem in Somali culture but I've been doing thru afghan twitter and this shit is crazy I think I'm gonna go and hug a random Somali man for being chill

All cultures are different but this is shit I've seen
1.) Girls not being able to tell their brothers/dads their on their periods so have to fake fast
2.) Hugging your husband on your wedding day or in general around the girls parents or brothers is a big no??
3.) I think this is Iraqi thing but a half Afghan and Iraqi girl posted it so it's joining my anti afghan propaganda but in some places, the brothers of a bride don't attend their sister's wedding because they feel like they're being cucked or something
4.) Afghan girls literally PREFER having controlling brothers they literally show off be like "Your brother lets you eat an ice cream cone in public? what a cuckhold"

Maybe Somali men do deserve rights :it0tdo8::it0tdo8:

I acc became good friends with this Somali girl at my workplace years ago. She was older than me and was always preaching some nice Islamic stuff to me cause I was openly not religious. She seemed quite religious but did have fun like we went to parties (although she didn't drink with me). Anyways my point is that I found out her brother was a controlling shit, would assult her and her mother was app miskeen and wouldn't take her side. The father passed away. I felt so sorry for her ...honestly like she was the "perfect" Somali girl who worked, gave her mum money and gifts, studied, prayed and tried becoming more religious etc and she had to deal with shit like that at home. Patriarchy is still alive and well in Somali households even in the UK.

Then again, my sister is pretty feisty and would fight all my brothers if they ever tried controlling her.
It all really depends on the fathers and mothers who allow shit to happen. Somali men/boys learn this from their surroundings and if no one challenges them and puts them in their place, then Somali girls are kinda fucked in that situation.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm reassured that she has you as a role model. I think most Somali women are encouraged to be subordinate to the 'masculine' identity when they are married and pass that on cross-generationally. So when their sons grow from boys to men they have less authority over them. In comparison, they still exercise a lot of authority over their daughters even when they become women. As such when these boys try to exercise their masculine gender-regime, it is defo seen as a prep school for "manhood".

My father was completely different, he made it clear that none of us boys could ever touch our sister. Although my sister and I fought a lot lol, but she's older than me and was stronger.

The headscarf situation with your little sister would more times make her less likely to want to conform. In the Somali context, I have noticed how a Somali girl/women are like gatekeepers of "what it means to be Somali", namely religion at the heart of it. This is so toxic and places an unequal burden on them.

Abusive brothers make abusive women beating husbands/men.

Hopefully, you and your sister exercise your autonomy. What's in your heart doesn't change what cloth is on your head!

I'm reassured that she has you as a role model. I think most Somali women are encouraged to be subordinate to the 'masculine' identity when they are married and pass that on cross-generationally. So when their sons grow from boys to men they have less authority over them. In comparison, they still exercise a lot of authority over their daughters even when they become women. As such when these boys try to exercise their masculine gender-regime, it is defo seen as a prep school for "manhood".

My father was completely different, he made it clear that none of us boys could ever touch our sister. Although my sister and I fought a lot lol, but she's older than me and was stronger.

The headscarf situation with your little sister would more times make her less likely to want to conform. In the Somali context, I have noticed how a Somali girl/women are like gatekeepers of "what it means to be Somali", namely religion at the heart of it. This is so toxic and places an unequal burden on them.

Abusive brothers make abusive women beating husbands/men.

Hopefully, you and your sister exercise your autonomy. What's in your heart doesn't change what cloth is on your head!
Yikes lol, I deleted my comment thinking you weren’t gonna reply, and thought it was just too much unnecessary information :/ sorry!!

Yikes lol, I deleted my comment thinking you weren’t gonna reply, and thought it was just too much unnecessary information :/ sorry!!

Firstly, thank you! I hate when people think you have to conform to the 'ghetto' stereotype and act like a gangister before you learn the basics of the English language lol. I will forever and always articulate myself well.

I defo got good vibes from you so I would have responded, as I did x Honestly, I have noticed this trend amongst Somali women though. I don't understand why some of them want to perpetuate their own oppression, considering they are in fact the backbones of our community. Like forget about LGBT issues, women are still being subjugated as second class citizens amongst us Somali's. It's not that I hate Islam, but honestly, some of the values really think is sexist. The concept of modesty is so cringeworthy, who are they being modest for? Men? Why can't we act modestly and not be perverted? Etc.

You seem well educated and hope you stay strong, lord know how much strength it takes to help raise your siblings.

I have work in 9 hours so I'm going to sleep before the sun rises. Stay blessed and hope to have more interesting discussions!

General Asad

And What Is Not There Is Always More Than There.
I'm glad I'm not apart of any abusive middle eastern or asian culture.

I think our culture is slowly becoming like that though :meleshame:

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
I acc became good friends with this Somali girl at my workplace years ago. She was older than me and was always preaching some nice Islamic stuff to me cause I was openly not religious. She seemed quite religious but did have fun like we went to parties (although she didn't drink with me). Anyways my point is that I found out her brother was a controlling shit, would assult her and her mother was app miskeen and wouldn't take her side. The father passed away. I felt so sorry for her ...honestly like she was the "perfect" Somali girl who worked, gave her mum money and gifts, studied, prayed and tried becoming more religious etc and she had to deal with shit like that at home. Patriarchy is still alive and well in Somali households even in the UK.

Then again, my sister is pretty feisty and would fight all my brothers if they ever tried controlling her.
It all really depends on the fathers and mothers who allow shit to happen. Somali men/boys learn this from their surroundings and if no one challenges them and puts them in their place, then Somali girls are kinda fucked in that situation.

I doubt you are Somali. Probably another Ajnabi larping as a Somali:shookgabre:

?????

Professional Attention Provider
Every single day. I can’t imagine life as a Afghan women you’re playing on extreme mode. I read a story of a women who was beaten to death for talking with a man over the phone, TALKING. Turns out she knew a woman’s rights activist that offered to teach her how to read and write poetry, promised her she wouldn’t be caught cause they’d talk over the phone. Her tutor just happen to be a man.

MadMullah99

Boqor of Boqors. The man your wife fantasises of.
If you guys knew what kind of twisted bs happens in Asian/Middle eastern homes you would thank the lord 10x for being Somali.

I know an oday that is half Yemini half Somali. His wife is full Somali. He has 7 daughters all under 23. He hates his Somali side and only speaks Arabic. This guy did not even let some of them finish secondary school before taking some of them back to Yemen where he has full control over them.

One of the girls was smart. She was in tune with her Somali side and would hide the fun she was having at college. This guy would sometimes randomly pull up at her college to spy on his daughter. One day she was with a Somali boy walking home; he saw that, and shipped her to Yemen too.

If you guys knew what kind of twisted bs happens in Asian/Middle eastern homes you would thank the lord 10x for being Somali.

I know an oday that is half Yemini half Somali. His wife is full Somali. He has 7 daughters all under 23. He hates his Somali side and only speaks Arabic. This guy did not even let some of them finish secondary school before taking some of them back to Yemen where he has full control over them.

One of the girls was smart. She was in tune with her Somali side and would hide the fun she was having at college. This guy would sometimes randomly pull up at her college to spy on his daughter. One day she was with a Somali boy walking home; he saw that, and shipped her to Yemen too.

Some Somali families can be that mad too- pervasiveness and controlling runs the control, esp towards young girls and women as they are seen to be the pillars and gatekeepers of Islam. *Sigh* I am so thankful to be born male, but that comes with privileges that needs to be evened out. I think I get away with so much compared to my sister or female cousins.

Trending