Ladies and Gentlemen. She is 60 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think ive found a lost somali model.

Her name is Khadija Adam Ismail . She was Miss Kenya 1984 and Miss Africa 1985

khadija+adams-cosmo+cover+01.jpg

This article mentions she was born in Nyeri, an administrative capital, because her father was a civil servant. However she also set up a mining company in NE Kenya which is described as " her original home".

Is this women oromo or Somali?

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
I think ive found a lost somali model.

Her name is Khadija Adam Ismail . She was Miss Kenya 1984 and Miss Africa 1985

khadija+adams-cosmo+cover+01.jpg

This article mentions she was born in Nyeri, an administrative capital, because her father was a civil servant. However she also set up a mining company in NE Kenya which is described as " her original home".

Is this women oromo or Somali?
Her dad is somali so by definition she's somali:ummhmsmiley:

Apollo

VIP
I remember reading somewhere that she is half Kikuyu.

Khadija Adam is one of the rare cases of the Somali phenotype dominating over the Bantu one in a mixed Bantu-Somali.

I remember reading somewhere that she is half Kikuyu.

Khadija Adam is one of the rare cases of the Somali phenotype dominating over the Bantu one in a mixed Bantu-Somali.

Are you sure? i still need a source for that. She looks pure somali even her hair texture is somali, it would be remarkable if that was true.

She is all make-up(as are most). She doesn't have eyebrows too, and check where this hair starts, subxanaka ya cadiim!
2339378_8.jpg

There are every day women that look better than her.

Last edited:

Like many in Kenya, Adam is part Kenyan and part Somali, and a Muslim.
:what1:

Like many in kenya? Part kenyan? what does that mean?

Yet she identifies as simply somali
“You know how Somalis are,” she told me, “we always have to get the story on everything.”
:patrice: Why doesnt she speak Gikuyu? or KiKamba? or any other bantu language other than the national language swahili

This is soo sad dudes hating on a 60 year old women!:heh:

if it wasnt for her your reer back home would be starving to death!
:feedme:
Sxb, she is not 60 in the pic I posted. :mjlol:
Why are you getting mad though:umad:
, did I insult you? Or is she from your clan:mjohreally::mjlaugh:

I am by no means calling her ugly, if my wife looks like that at 60 I'd consider myself blessed.

You say that but you liked the post calling her ugly.

But, and heres the but, Iman is not a positive role model for Somali girls. She's ashamed of her nose (look at how much narrower it is when she's done up), she is probably a light Diana user (she's gotten progressively lighter over her career) and she most likely uses botox (her husband certainly does, and come on, I know Somalis age gracefully, but not that flawless at 60, you're a fool if you believe that)

Why do you need to make all that stuff up though? :what:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Iman has never talked shit about somalis and actively helps out back home unlike these s outchea self hatin so she got my eternal respect

Why do you need to make all that stuff up though? :what:
I don't like the beauty industry. I don't know. You cant deny in all her famous pictures her nose is narrowed (with make up techniques, I never said plastic surgery.) And I stand by what I said earlier, if you think a 60yo woman's skin is that flawless, you're kidding yourself. Botox isn't even a crazy accusation in her industry so FOH

I don't like the beauty industry. I don't know. You cant deny in all her famous pictures her nose is narrowed (with make up techniques, I never said plastic surgery.)

Many ordinary women contour and highlight their nose. The issue for me is that you are reading meaning from a common practice. There is no evidence Iman hates her nose or any body part she was born with.

And I stand by what I said earlier, if you think a 60yo woman's skin is that flawless, you're kidding yourself. Botox isn't even a crazy accusation in her industry so FOH

She may use botox or she may not. You simply have no evidence to back up your claims.

Many ordinary women contour and highlight their nose. The issue for me is that you are reading meaning from a common practice. There is no evidence Iman hates her nose or any body part she was born with.

She may use botox or she may not. You simply have no evidence to back up your claims.
Fair point on the first point.

You're still kidding yourself on the second.:comeon:

He liked a post saying she'd look ugly with a fade and it's true not everyone can rock a fade :ohno:

And I dunno I guess I wouldn't want Iman being a role model for my daughter. Business wise she has done well, but as a female role model to young girls, no. Few women in the fashion or celeb industry are.

Status
Not open for further replies.