Lack of accredited K-12 Schools in Somalia

As someone with children, a significant hindrance to living full time back home is the inadequate education sector. What is needed are new well established, internationally accredited / recognized primary and secondary schools. Institutions where diaspora children can find comparable quality that will also allow for university studies abroad afterwards. Schools that will ease the transition and also have Somali language classes. At the moment, the closest example is Abaarso School in Hargeisa. Google the school as many graduates have gone on to attended prestigious universities across the world. Why don’t cities like Garowe, Mogadishu or Baidoa have these yet? Are there schools I’m unaware of?

Kenya is better than somalia imo, the best option would be to rise them in Somalia until about 6-7ish and then move to Kenya to enrol them into prestigious schools that offer the British System(curriculum).You can take them back to Somalia every holiday if you'd like, its right next door.I personally do not think its feasible for somalia to have primary and secondary schools at an internationally accredited level, especially within the next decade

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Schools dont have to be accredited as long as there are legitimate recognized testing centers. There should be one for every major city but Somalia is so corrupt that we dont get to have nice things.

Literacy and educational reform should be at the top priority along with AS. THere is just no focus in the government at the moment with all the split parties and qabil issues.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
No, this is part of the gaalo system, (seriously Abaarso!?) They promote gaalo theories like evolution and solar system. May allah keep Somalia safe from such evil influences.

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
No, this is part of the gaalo system, (seriously Abaarso!?) They promote gaalo theories like evolution and solar system. May allah keep Somalia safe from such evil influences.
I've seen unknowing somali parents send their kids to Catholic school thinking it's normal education

Solar systems are gaalo?! Yikes, I think you have lost the plot! Do you have anything to contribute here or just ignorance? Should students not know that other countries have different views, religions, beliefs, etc.? Do Somali students only deserve to know one world view? How does that help us to interact with other countries? Do you think our terrible education system can continue as is? Are there NO Muslim countries we can model ourselves on?!

To think the Islamic world was ONCE the leader in science, astronomy, engineering and mathematics during the Dark Ages in Europe. And now Somalis are proud of ignorance....Allah help us all.

Trending