Laas Geel - Rare Earth

He seemed supportive of SL in one of his videos, with a bit of constructive criticism. But this is not the 'politics' section, so let's not go into that stuff.
True. I liked he showed both sides. Nice channel, only found out about it after the Japan video on their minority group that's oppressed. Similar to Tumals since they are genetically identical to the majority but a permanent underclass.

These guys were South Cushitic rather than Proto-Somali, my hunch.
I've seen some tests on these southern cushites from places like Tanzania. They are almost identical to Somalis prior to their mixing with other groups. Of course there's some genetic variation.

Shouldn't we look at this group as one people instead of the various different exogenous labels we put on them. As coming from one root and spreading in successive waves. The ones who went to Tanzania, then the ones who spread again to Kenya, then the first proper somalis, then the clans starting with the first Samaale ones who spread South, then darood and other northern Hawiyes who later came down and retook the lands past Juba.

The common trend seems to show we who conquer are born and bred in Waqooyi before we move out and spread aggressively. These waves later on colliding with eachother.

Once you take this perspective it begins to make sense and mirror other people. People such as the Indo Europeans who spread out of the steppe in successive waves and crashed with eachother in latter waves.

I just think of the possible multiple ethnicities who unlike Ethiopians, actually look like us and are basically genetically identical. Imagine a people who you would think are 100% somali but speak a language a bit different. From Mozambique, the African lake areas all the way to Djibouti. The neighbours we could have had.

Apollo

VIP
I've seen some tests on these southern cushites from places like Tanzania. They are almost identical to Somalis prior to their mixing with other groups. Of course there's some genetic variation.

Shouldn't we look at this group as one people instead of the various different exogenous labels we put on them. As coming from one root and spreading in successive waves. The ones who went to Tanzania, then the ones who spread again to Kenya, then the first proper somalis, then the clans starting with the first Samaale ones who spread South, then darood and other northern Hawiyes who later came down and retook the lands past Juba.

The common trend seems to show we who conquer are born and bred in Waqooyi before we move out and spread aggressively. These waves later on colliding with eachother.

Once you take this perspective it begins to make sense and mirror other people. People such as the Indo Europeans who spread out of the steppe in successive waves and crashed with eachother in latter waves.

I just think of the possible multiple ethnicities who unlike Ethiopians, actually look like us and are basically genetically identical. Imagine a people who you would think are 100% somali but speak a language a bit different. From Mozambique, the African lake areas all the way to Djibouti. The neighbours we could have had.

The modern South Cushites have already been tested. They are too admixed with local hunter-gatherers and even TZ Bantus and don't represent Ancient South Cushites anymore. They have changed with time.

There has been an ancient genome study on prehistoric South Cushites of 4,000-2,000 years ago, so we already know the genetic make up of the Ancient South Cushites. See this: https://science.sciencemag.org/content/365/6448/eaaw6275

They lived in much of Kenya and Somalia prior to the East Cushite take over of Somalia and North Kenya.

Yes but there are results from earlier southern cushites prior to the admixtures like the Tanzanian Luxmanda samples who have zero khoisan and hunter gather admixture. You've made a thread on the study yourself. So the miscegenation events didn't occur the instant they moved south but afterwards.

The Southern Cushites are just migrants who went south from the same generic stock as the rest of the pure blooded cushites. Of course their Y chromosomes will diverge over time, the same with Europeans who spread from Russia into Europe. That's expected. The East cushites are from that same stock who are another of migrants who spread into the lands of southern Somalia and Northern Kenya.

When we put these arbitrary labels on them they seem like different groups. That common homeland of Northern Somalia, Ethiopia, Djibouti and Eritrea is where all these peoples come from.

Again it's sad that they died out and were mixed beyond saving. Similar to those steppe people who mixed with Mongols and Tukric peoples, leaving their last traces in the rare blond haired Turks in Kazakhstan for example. Tracing their genes back to their European ancestors similarly to how the Iraqw and other groups would trace back to that Southern Cushitic people prior to admixture.

Apollo

VIP
@Somalinimo

I think Lowland East Cushites came out of Northeast Sudan or West Eritrea as late as 3,000 years ago.

While this archaeological site is from 5,000 years ago. There is a 2,000 year difference. wich means the Laas Geel folks weren't proto-Somalis but probably some other type of Cushitic.

History just didn't go well for us. But we somalis still exist and have the opportunity of creating further waves out of our homeland (Sonaliweyn). There's no way we will outbreed Ethiopians in the next century, Ethiopia is projected to peak at 250 million people. Our only path seems south.

Kenya is going to be predominantly somali in our lifetime. By the time our children are elderly, maybe parts of Tanzania and the lake regions have somali enclaves.

As long as our birth rates stay at around 6 we can retake our lost lands down to Mozambique within 2 to 5 centuries. This is possible and good news for our people. I envision a future where we have exclusive somali territories from Djibouti to Mozambique including Madagascar.
Screenshot_20190805-002015_Maps.jpg
A bit idealistic but possible in a few generations. A renaissance for our people to make a civilisation for ourselves. Another chance to not repeat the same mistakes.

@Somalinimo

I think Lowland East Cushites came out of Northeast Sudan or West Eritrea as late as 3,000 years ago.

While this archaeological site is from 5,000 years ago. There is a 2,000 year difference. wich means the Laas Geel folks weren't proto-Somalis but probably some other type of Cushitic.
We won't know for sure until we do genetic tests from remains of the people who lived around laas geel and waqooyi in general from 10 000 years ago to 1,000 years ago. 5 distinct timestamps would be enough to paint a clear picture.

I would like to know very soon but the situation back home isn't ideal for archeology. Even somaliland, although relatively safe, doesn't have the institutions in place to do these kinds of projects.

History just didn't go well for us. But we somalis still exist and have the opportunity of creating further waves out of our homeland (Sonaliweyn). There's no way we will outbreed Ethiopians in the next century, Ethiopia is projected to peak at 250 million people. Our only path seems south.

Kenya is going to be predominantly somali in our lifetime. By the time our children are elderly, maybe parts of Tanzania and the lake regions have somali enclaves.

As long as our birth rates stay at around 6 we can retake our lost lands down to Mozambique within 2 to 5 centuries. This is possible and good news for our people. I envision a future where we have exclusive somali territories from Djibouti to Mozambique including Madagascar. View attachment 76969A bit idealistic but possible in a few generations. A renaissance for our people to make a civilisation for ourselves. Another chance to not repeat the same mistakes.
There's an inverse correlation between economic growth and fertility rate within and between nations. We no longer have the luxury of isolation due to dependent variables which leave us with a predictive outlook on the rapidly changing world.

We should stop analyzing the previous historical processes and measure it against our current predicaments. The future processes are not directly correlated with the previous authentic structural wisdom.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
@Somalinimo

We wuz Medjay and still land of Punt and shieet?! Holy shieet my suugo science was true after all Punt is still ours!!!

:banderas::banderas::banderas:

Trending

Latest posts