Kkkk. Somali men and women partying in the 90’s (before the Salafi movements came and ruined it all).

Mudug_gyal

لا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّه
VIP
I have to disagree with your post saxib but if anything this made us more segregative and less open minded from our progressive world. Somalis pre-civil war were open minded and were fond of innovated ideas. Siad Barre funded for his country for educations for his citizens. Ever since post civil war we became more illiterate and less open minded to progress as a society. Thanks to Wahhabism and extreme radical religious views which under minded out intellect.
I beg to differ, somalis were always on the defensive from whites colonising them trying to extinguish our islamic ways to the godless siad regime. Thats one of the reasons why al shabab happened. Siad barre killed a lot of sheikhs for speaking out against his communist anti islamic ways. Secularism or the progressive world has never been the untempered somali nomads stance. Im actually quite intrigued how about you are irreligious I always assumed northerners were a lot more zealous since most of the islamic rebellions hailed from there compared to the tamed more secular south.

Last edited:

Mudug_gyal

لا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّه
VIP
I didn’t say that. I said Ironically Somalis that have this theocratic obsessions have the nerve to flee into a country that are more secular.
But this is due to economical reasons. but with out secularism most Somalis wouldn’t have stayed in the west. They’d would’ve been settling somewhere else. Thankfully the countries they’ve settled isn’t like China. China is an atheist country and they have history in oppressing Muslims.

This is a point for secularism. :ohhhdamn::salute:
Mainly because of economic security and opportunities or they may be fleeing war caused by secular countries.

Interesting how people all around the world refer to practicing Muslims as “Salafis” or “Wahhabis” and never Sufis or Ash'aris.

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
VIP
I beg to differ, somalis were always on the defensive from whites colonising them trying to extinguish our islamic ways to the godless siad regime. Thats one of the reasons why al shabab happened. Siad barre killed a lot of sheikhs for speaking out against his communist anti islamic ways. Secularism or the progressive world has never been the untempered somali nomads stance. Im actually quite intrigued how about you are irreligious I always assumed northerners were a lot more zealous since most of the islamic rebellions hailed from there compared to the tamed more secular south.

Only when its suits. And I’m not talking about before the 1960’s (in those times they were fighting for their independence against the colonials) and talking about after that. In the late 1960’s and 1970’s Somalia had a golden age of music and education. Those era made us feel progressed. I won’t deny in those times it wasn’t great because there were still poverty and economical issues but it definitely wasn’t worse in the current times we have now.

reer

VIP
@World is right somalis are not really that religious they like fakeness. the major issue is being ruled by hostile christians indirectly and directly. if youre occupied by christians then your land has a possibility of literally becoming darul kufr in future generations (by demographic and religious engineering) which possibly trumps whatever went on from 1960 to 1991.

Last edited:

AbdiFreedom

Exited the Somali ethnic group. Retired
Staff Member
They were kids in the west. They'll be westernized fast. Somalis are not as religious as they claim. A former Somali PM did drugs in the 90s in Canada and had an ajnabi girlfriend he lived with. Today, he wears a kufi, has a Somali wife and grown kids, and acts totally different.

Here's a video of Somali kids finishing high school in 1994 in Toronto and Montreal.

Trending