Kkkk. Somali men and women partying in the 90’s (before the Salafi movements came and ruined it all).

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Hate to break it down but our parents in the 90s did not partake in this. Ciyaalsuuqs and ciyaalsuuqads existed back then but I wager 90% of the people in this vid are normal adeers and habaryars who are God fearing folks.

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
VIP
Hate to break it down but our parents in the 90s did not partake in this. Ciyaalsuuqs and ciyaalsuuqads existed back then but I wager 90% of the people in this vid are normal adeers and habaryars who are God fearing folks.

I know Somalis from the west are religious which is true especially in the UK. But I feel like in those days they were probably more intergraded with other groups than nowadays? They look happy in what I see. We should brings those back forget the religious extreme views against the west. :lolbron::lolbron:

wonyluvr

prima hablood 𝜗𝜚⋆₊˚
VIP
I know Somalis from the west are religious which is true especially in the UK. But I feel like in those days they were the probably more intergraded with other groups than nowadays? They look happy.
Go to a wedding people are always happy :ufdup:

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
VIP
I’m not gonna lie while re-watching the video they appear more Madow cultured than Somali cultured

:hmm::hmm::stressed:

Mudug_gyal

لا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّه
VIP
Our parents generation enjoyed their youth and became religious later on in life. maybe it was due to ignorance maybe

Mudug_gyal

لا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّه
VIP
I know Somalis from the west are religious which is true especially in the UK. But I feel like in those days they were probably more intergraded with other groups than nowadays? They look happy in what I see. We should brings those back forget the religious extreme views against the west. :lolbron::lolbron:
I think you are projecting your feelings and your dislike of islamic practices onto somali communitys supposed integration or emotional status. I actually think we somalis became more religious and resilient following the civil war we became happier and closer to the deen as a result of that so thats a positive. True happiness comes from following our creator. Thank you @Homerlilian for this absolute 💎.

Trending