Kismayo in 1930

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Mr Ali Saleebaan, ladies and gentleman!!

Obviously a Majeerteen was in charge. Sheegato!

Aside from Harti/Absame, no other group was recorded to rule the area prior to 1991, unless changes were made when the dictator came to power.

Ciyaarta naga dhaaf, gabaryahay:camby:

Gerad Dhidhin's dynasty governed much of northeastern and some parts of southeastern Somalia, such as Kismayo..

This was in the 13 century.
:mjlol:..

His descendant still live there and are amongst the oldest inhabitant.

Beesha warsangeli.
:banderas:

Dharbash

🧊
MARQUESS OF SSC

History buffs, anyone know who was in charge/list of governors of Kismayo/Jubaland in decades before independence of Somalia in 1960?

@Teeri-Alpha @DR OSMAN @nomand
I don’t know the governors at the time or anything like that, but here’s an Interesting thing I and probably a bunch of other people didn’t know about Kismayo, back then in the 1930/40’s it used to be called Port Isma’il.

Makes you wonder who Isma’il was and why they decided to change such a good name.
upload_2020-1-3_0-49-25.png

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I don’t know the governors at the time or anything like that, but here’s an Interesting thing I and probably a bunch of other people didn’t know about Kismayo, back then in the 1930/40’s it used to be called Port Isma’il.

Makes you wonder who Isma’il was and why they decided to change such a good name.
View attachment 86722

Nice info, never heard that before.

Reminds me of how Bosaso was known as Bandar Qasim in the past.

Old Ogaden man passport, from Mohamed Zubeer sub clan, he was a nabad doon as a career

where are the other clans who claim they lived here ?

1930 paper passport by italian colonials

santuur-goolo-jpg.85808

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Old Ogaden man passport, from Mohamed Zubeer sub clan, he was a nabad doon as a career

santuur-goolo-jpg.85808

Dude looks like ghandi with the turban.

What is a nabadoon anyways?

Dharbash

🧊
MARQUESS OF SSC

santuur-goolo-jpg.85808
why does my guy look like this
upload_2020-1-3_4-25-10.jpeg

Why did Somalis look like sikhs back then
:damn:

Last edited:

View attachment 86722

:damn:[/QUOTE]

sikhs copied muslism in fact their gur nanak in 1500s mixed islam with hindu pagan religion and created what we know as sikhism, their dress,

did you know both sikh and hindi are not meant to drink qamro or eat pork?

they added this after islam ruled them for 1300 years

Trending