Kheyre will be back

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
I believe Kheyre might be back soon or later as it seems he made a deal with Farmaajo to step aside for the moment. His ousting went way too smooth with no political blowbacks from his supporters. I think the MPs are in the game too.

I speculate Somalia might eventually undergo Constitutional reforms and switch to presidential form of rule where there is no Prime Minister position, much like in the US and Turkey.

In that case, Kheyre might come back and run for president once Farmaajo's time is really up.

In any way, I wouldn't discount Kheyre completely from the Somalia's political establishment.

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
I believe Kheyre might be back soon or later as it seems he made a deal with Farmaajo to step aside for the moment. His ousting went way too smooth with no political blowbacks from his supporters. I think the MPs are in the game too.

I speculate Somalia might eventually undergo Constitutional reforms and switch to presidential form of rule where there is no Prime Minister position, much like in the US and Turkey.

In that case, Kheyre might come back and run for president once Farmaajo's time is really up.

In any way, I wouldn't discount Kheyre completely from the Somalia's political establishment.
U really like ur point of view

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP

Whole thing went down to smoothly, I like your hypothesis that something went down

I would love for Kheyre to come back as President. I also agree that the PM position needs to be completely removed from Somalia. Having a powerful President and PM is a system rife for instability and political infighting - as we have already seen.

AbdiGeedi

The thing is Kheyre has the full support of the US and EU and basically is their man in Somalia. That's why his stepping back is temporarily.

There is a silent struggle going on between Turkey and the US at the moment in Somalia. It is apparent Erdogan is propping up Farmaajo. I believe it is done to guarantee that Turkey gets a share in the future oil/gas projects and to fast track the process itself in Somalia

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer
The thing is Kheyre has the full support of the US and EU and basically is their man in Somalia. That's why his stepping back is temporarily.

There is a silent struggle going on between Turkey and the US at the moment in Somalia. It is apparent Erdogan is propping up Farmaajo. I believe it is done to guarantee that Turkey gets a share in the future oil/gas projects and to fast track the process itself in Somalia

The EU definitely. I don't think so about the US. The US is more concerned about China and Russia - and is willing to play ball moreso than the EU

It's so annoying how much say other countries have in Somalia. USA is obviously more powerful than Turkey, but the USA in the past has shown to be an unreliable partner to Somalia.

We need to get the oil out, even if both the USA and Turkey get a cut. Once we have oil revenue will start to become stronger and we will be able to tell outsider to stfu.

AbdiGeedi

@Adaawe

The US is the main supporter of Kheyre. The EU is run by technocrats at the moment and paralyzed in the decision-making process.

Not much has been heard from Hassan Ali Khaire since he was forced to resign on 25 July after a near-unanimous parliamentary vote of censure. The same cannot be said for the top US and EU diplomats in Mogadishu, Donald Yamamoto and Nicolas Berlanga. They took their concerns to as high as Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Brussels' High Representative Josep Borrell who expressed their disappointement regarding the vote, pointing at irregularities and constitutional lacunae.

Staff of US development consultancy Chemonics, although present in the corridors of the House of the People - the lower chamber of Somalia's parliament - failed to win MPs over to the two western diplomats' point of view.

@Adaawe

The US is the main supporter of Kheyre. The EU is run by technocrats at the moment and paralyzed in the decision-making process.

Not much has been heard from Hassan Ali Khaire since he was forced to resign on 25 July after a near-unanimous parliamentary vote of censure. The same cannot be said for the top US and EU diplomats in Mogadishu, Donald Yamamoto and Nicolas Berlanga. They took their concerns to as high as Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Brussels' High Representative Josep Borrell who expressed their disappointement regarding the vote, pointing at irregularities and constitutional lacunae.

Staff of US development consultancy Chemonics, although present in the corridors of the House of the People - the lower chamber of Somalia's parliament - failed to win MPs over to the two western diplomats' point of view.

Talk about what is constitutional or non-constitutional always amuses me as its always in reference to the recent un-ratified constitution not the ratified constitution from the 1960s.

Last edited:

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer
@Adaawe

If true. Farmaajo is playing big ball with laandheere countries. That's what I expected anyways. When we sit on the throne. It's no games.

:wow:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Hiiraab wont vote for Khayre he alieniated them during his tenure, hell have to go back to work for NRC.

AbdiGeedi

It's so annoying how much say other countries have in Somalia. USA is obviously more powerful than Turkey, but the USA in the past has shown to be an unreliable partner to Somalia.

We need to get the oil out, even if both the USA and Turkey get a cut. Once we have oil revenue will start to become stronger and we will be able to tell outsider to stfu.
The US and especially Turkey are the main guarantors of Somalia's stability. In regards of US being unreliable, I can say that at some point the US basically wrote Somalia as a failed state off its books. It was Turkey that turned the tide. Ever since the Turks stepped in, Somalia got progressively better. And now the US wants to be in the game politically in Somalia. Erdogan's decision to open a long-term military training base for the SNA was a very thought-out strategical step. The Turks are literally building a national army for us. I don't think most Somalis understand how profound the Turkish moves are for the future of Somalia. If the AMISOM departure materializes it will be the first major fruit of it.

The US and especially Turkey are the main guarantors of Somalia's stability. In regards of US being unreliable, I can say that at some point the US basically wrote Somalia as a failed state off its books. It was Turkey that turned the tide. Ever since the Turks stepped in, Somalia got progressively better. And now the US wants to be in the game politically in Somalia. Erdogan's decision to open a long-term military training base for the SNA was a very thought-out strategical step. The Turks are literally building a national army for us. I don't think most Somalis understand how profound the Turkish moves are for the future of Somalia. If the AMISOM departure materializes it will be the first major fruit of it.

Yep, you are 100% right. Turkey entering the arena was the game changer that Somalia needed. I actually think the USA is more open for Somali stabilisation. The EU on the other hand was and is perfectly happy Somalia being a failed state (especially the evil Brits and French). When the EU saw the Turkey and USA interest in Somalia they came running.

AbdiGeedi

I also want to add that Farmaajo and Kheyre are the first wave of new generation of Somali politicians. They are like an evolutionary link connecting reptiles and mammals. Their hands are not drenched in blood.

The warlords running regions and fueling the secession ideas are like the living fossils of the extinct species who forgot to die. Biixi is one of them.

I strongly believe that the US and Turkish intelligence agencies are present in Somalia and keep track of the events. They have vast resources at their disposal.

I remember how the previous Turkish ambassador in Somalia would invite the regional leaders for consultations to the embassy in Mogadishu. I guess he was trying to get through their thick qabil skulls and show the benefits of being in peace, united and strong.

Last edited:

Falcon

in your feelings yet? yall too sensitive for me.
Don’t get your hopes up, N&N is a dead brand. Kheyre was ousted by farmaajo and his qatari (Fahad) handler

Kheyre resigning after the coup in parliament was the best choice he could’ve made in the long run

it was definitely not due to a “deal” he made with farmaajo to step down, because he refused to step down earlier when he went to qatar.

AbdiGeedi

The EU on the other hand was and is perfectly happy Somalia being a failed state (especially the evil Brits and French).
The EU is a political and economic union. It has no military. Each country has it own army. The EU has too many cooks in the kitchen. The EU can provide targeted funds for Somalia to strengthen government agencies. In terms of meat and bones, it is between the US and Turkey.
The Gulf countries as I said earlier are viewed in Somalia as the dudes who won the lottery and can be used for money. There is no depth to them.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Khaire is done and dusted. That guy is NO MORE.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Don’t get your hopes up, N&N is a dead brand. Kheyre was ousted by farmaajo and his qatari (Fahad) handler

Kheyre resigning after the coup in parliament was the best choice he could’ve made in the long run

it was definitely not due to a “deal” he made with farmaajo to step down, because he refused to step down earlier when he went to qatar.

What are you seeing as the end game in February

Trending

Latest posts