Khawaarij overran SNA base outside Kismaayo

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
It's like they get superpowers during Ramadan.

Madoobe and his cowardly troops were easily vanquished. The Ogaden is only brave when KDF is nearby otherwise they scatter like roaches

how i met your mother show GIF by WGN America

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
A lot of folks are getting shit mixed up. AS isn't the ICU, if they take over there will be no peace. The ICU was a system lead by pragmatic and intelligent men, that is why they were destroyed from the inside (development of AS) and out (the invasion). AS taking over won't suddenly be the end to all violence, scores will still have to be settled and Somalis are trigger happy at the best of times.

And what exactly is AS plan if they win? Have they provided a budget plan? Have they displayed what they'll use the money squeezed out of locals for? The fundamental and brutal trust is that AS would be make a more volatile version of the FGS and the idea that a rebel group could take over would put it into everyone's mind that they could do it.

Somalis need to fix up.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
I did school you and unfortunately my lesson did not get through your head. The main driving force that triggered the western divergence was colonialism, which caused an influx of resources that greatly enriched the Europeans and allowed for the development of industrialization and capitalism. These institutions further enriched the Europeans and gave them the wealth and technology to conquer the world. Ironically, the Age of Exploration had a religious impetus: it was partly driven by the desire to spread Christianity.

As for the scientific revolution, it was triggered in part by the renaissance and the development of the printing press, which allowed the rapid spread of ideas. Another ironic thing is the fact that the invention of the printing press also had a religious motivation: Johannes Gutenberg wanted to invent a machine that could print the Bible and make it more widely available.

Early Islamic scholars were free to engage in scientific inquiry, which is the whole reason why the Islamic Golden Age occurred.

You brought up one example of Galileo, but if you want to make your point valid, you will need to conduct an entire historical study demonstrating that every major scientific or technological development happened in spite of religion. This will be impossible to do considering the fact that if you look into the biographies of most major scientists and engineers before the modern era, you will find that most of them were monks, imams, or priests.
This is correct. Early Islamic scholars were allowed to engage in scientific inquiry and that resulted in the golden era of Islam. The Muslim leaders of that time recognized the necessity of scientific inquiry. They realized simply reciting Quran and praying all day wasn’t enough. They realized the Quran wasn’t meant as a science book but rather only a religious book.

Do you think someone like sheikh sharif sheikh Ahmed would prioritize scientific discovery if he ran the country? Do you think he’d give people freedom to learn and discover with no religious oversight? I don’t think so. Facts about the natural world will be considered shirk.

Islamism is a dead end. It must be fought at all costs. Nothing good comes from it.

Last edited:

attash

Amaan Duule
This is correct. Early Islamic scholars were allowed to engage in scientific inquiry and that resulted in the golden era of Islam. The Muslim leaders of that time recognized the necessity of scientific inquiry. They realized simply reciting Quran and praying all day wasn’t enough. They realized the Quran wasn’t meant as a science book but rather only a religious book.
The Quran commands humanity to seek knowledge. When Islamic scholars engaged in scientific inquiry, this was seen as fulfilling the "seeking knowledge" requirement in the deen and was thus viewed as an act of worship.

What even is your point here? First you claim that all major advances occurred in spite of religion, now you seem to be walking back on this and claiming that "separation of mosque and state" simply means not praying and reading Quran all day. Literally no-one actually does this. If that is your definition of "separation of mosque and state", then even the Taliban meets this criteria. Your average Taliban member will not spend most of his day praying and reading Quran, he will spend most of his day at the office doing administrative work.

Do you think someone like sheikh sharif sheikh Ahmed would prioritize scientific discovery if he ran the country? Do you think he’d give people freedom to learn and discover with no religious oversight? I don’t think so. Facts about the natural world will be considered shirk. Islamism is a dead end. It must be fought at all costs. Nothing good comes from it.
So Sharif Sheikh Ahmed is an Islamist, but the early caliphates weren't? I wonder what your definition of "Islamism" is. 😂

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
The Quran commands humanity to seek knowledge. When Islamic scholars engaged in scientific inquiry, this was seen as fulfilling the "seeking knowledge" requirement in the deen and was thus viewed as an act of worship.

What even is your point here? First you claim that all major advances occurred in spite of religion, now you seem to be walking back on this and claiming that "separation of mosque and state" simply means not praying and reading Quran all day. Literally no-one actually does this. If that is your definition of "separation of mosque and state", then even the Taliban meets this criteria. Your average Taliban member will not spend most of his day praying and reading Quran, he will spend most of his day at the office doing administrative work.

So Sharif Sheikh Ahmed is an Islamist, but the early caliphates weren't? I wonder what your definition of "Islamism" is. 😂
Can we agree that the “seeking knowledge” portion is ignored by modern Islamists?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Odd thing about shabab areas and in general the whole south including macawisley, Why do they only have aKs and rpg squads i mean you rarely see a technical among them which is in ambudance in PL plus they have mechanized artilleries like heavier zus, armored vehicles, bms, howitzers, tanks and their Pmpf have air assets auch as armed helicopters, transporters, and drones.

I know this might piss off the cuqdud filled ppl but the amount of military inventory in PL security forces whether its govt or reserve clan militias cannot be ignored. PL is armed to the teeth is the only conclusion I reach.

Last edited:

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
A lot of folks are getting shit mixed up. AS isn't the ICU, if they take over there will be no peace. The ICU was a system lead by pragmatic and intelligent men, that is why they were destroyed from the inside (development of AS) and out (the invasion). AS taking over won't suddenly be the end to all violence, scores will still have to be settled and Somalis are trigger happy at the best of times.

And what exactly is AS plan if they win? Have they provided a budget plan? Have they displayed what they'll use the money squeezed out of locals for? The fundamental and brutal trust is that AS would be make a more volatile version of the FGS and the idea that a rebel group could take over would put it into everyone's mind that they could do it.

Somalis need to fix up.
@Celery read this

Trending