Kenya's Standard Gauge Railway 1st Phase Mombassa-Nairobi Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"
Man we need a sugar daddy like China that does true development. Unlike useless UAE and Turkey.
I mean how hard can it by.
Give them exclusive rights to fish in our seas and in return we get some development.
Even Djibouti is sleeping with China.
As they say if you can't beat them join them.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Next phase:

Mogadishu - Kismayo - Mombasa 1,000 km railway built by Somali + Kenyan developers.

If the British could do it a few centuries back using basic tech then there is no reason why us skinnies shouldn't be able to.

It doesn't have to be ultra modern (the current SGR isn't either) and it will help build a few industries around it.

I'm sure we could get it to $100k/km which would be a game changer (Kenya SGR is over 5 million/km which is normal globally but way overpriced in reality).

latest

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
A basic road asphalt road isn't even that cheap. :dead:

True but that's only if you use first world prices with pampered workers.

Even in Africa they use the same costs; though most of it gets eaten up by foreign firms or corrupt procurement practices.

If we build everything in-house and use Somali labourers who are content with just a bundle of khat then we could easily get the price close to $100k/km (min 500 km).

Remember it doesn't need to be complicated... Just efficiently move goods and we're good to go.

Stop using historical or western projects as an example to costs out these projects.

We have to innovate and do things in our own way if we ever plan to leap frog and catch up to others.

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
Crossrail in london costs 15 billion pounds but it only goes from essex to reading and thats only 40km this is 7 times that length but almost 5 times less guul for china

Crossrail in london costs 15 billion pounds but it only goes from essex to reading and thats only 40km this is 7 times that length but almost 5 times less guul for china

Portions of crossrail are built underground which is always very expensive plus the difficulty of London's terrain (soft clay) as well as digging underground in a dense, historic city such as London whilst watching out for wiring, sewers/other tunnels, foundations etc.

18765594_10154864228094888_4358927634708808844_n.jpg

I can't wait to have my very own lupita nyong'o greet me at the platform!:ahh:

Warya @Hugo please hook me up with one of your bantustanis thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts