Kenyan Somalis are a different breed

don't generalize

Using this degenerate to define Kenyan Somalis is like using Akafi to generalize UK Somalis.

You literally brought the outlandish and weirdest teen tiktok video to represent them, I promise you we can find videos 100x worse from the western diaspora.

There's good and bad in every community.

Also, this a grade A garbage post. No offense.

don't generalize

Using this degenerate to define Kenyan Somalis is like using Akafi to generalize UK Somalis.

You literally brought the outlandish and weirdest teen tiktok video to represent them, I promise you we can find videos 100x worse from the western diaspora.

There's good and bad in every community.

Also, this a grade A garbage post. No offense.
I'm from Kenya. These niggas are full of shit.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Reminds me of this YouTube video I saw of "Kenyan" immigrants in the US once. The guy was interviewing some hijabi women who looked so blatantly Somali that I would say they look more Somali than I do but she told him that she's "Kenyan" and that her native tongue is "Swahili". Believe me, there's no way in hell they were even coastal Swahili people who have MENA admixture. They looked flatout Somali. I was proper confused at why they would hide their Somalinimo like that. Sad to now hear it confirmed that coonery is found among them at an alarming rate.

:mjcry:

Reminds me of this YouTube video I saw of "Kenyan" immigrants in the US once. The guy was interviewing some hijabi women who looked so blatantly Somali that I would say they look more Somali than I do but she told him that she's "Kenyan" and that her native tongue is "Swahili". Believe me, there's no way in hell they were even coastal Swahili people who have MENA admixture. They looked flatout Somali. I was proper confused at why they would hide their Somalinimo like that. Sad to now hear it confirmed that coonery is found among them at an alarming rate.

:mjcry:
There are if she says she is swahili then she is probably barwani

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
There are if she says she is swahili then she is probably barwani

She didn't say she was Swahili. She said she was Kenyan and that Swahili was her native tongue. She looked stereotypical Xalimo too. No one who isn't 95%+ Somali on 23andme could look like that in my opinion.

She didn't say she was Swahili. She said she was Kenyan and that Swahili was her native tongue. She looked stereotypical Xalimo too. No one who isn't 95%+ Somali on 23andme could look like that in my opinion.
There are Ormas,Wardey,gabras that live around Tana river which borders Lamu or malindi and they look very somali.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
There are Ormas,Wardey,gabras that live around Tana river which borders Lamu or malindi and they look very somali.

Wallahi these people are truly our walaalo if she was one of them. Stereotypical Xalimo I tell you.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Kenyan born and raised Somalis are worst than fobs in the west. There I said it !!!! They wild out whilst in Africa :drakelaugh:
I've met several Sijuus that are living in Cape Town and Johannesburg, they more educated and work in high skilled labours compared to those who recently arrived from Somalia who only work at stores and in dilapidated conditions, lower wages.

Kenyan Somalis are becoming executives of enterprises, holding conference rooms with foreign and local investors and some even were successful to open up branches and establish factories. They also have diplomas and masters degrees plus English is no stranger to them hence I cannot even deny that the education in Kenya ranks at the top tier in the continent behind South Africa.
They are the founding members of Somali Islamic schools , paving the way , it cemented the community forward, the majority of teachers are from NFD Kenya except for the extensive Afrikaans and Standard English lessons which are tought by South Africans.

For someone who studied and graduated from South African curriculum I used to compete with Kenyan born Somalis for various marketing jobs when job seeking, they are extremely different from Soomaalida kale as I have noticed that quite often they hang around among themselves.

There are many positive aspects about them they have contributed to South African Somalis generally.
I cannot say the same for Somalis from Somalia, Ethiopia and Djibouti they are lagging behind at a slow pace only a significant numbers have integrated.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
So this is how yall really feel about sijuis :sass2:
They don't know Kenyan Somalis that well , I have seen in first person they are different in a positive way , I mean I know an eedo who is in her late 80's and she speaks English eloquently like David Attenborough , she has multiple diplomas which is very rare for Soomaalida kale

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
What the hell is a siju? :hmm:

What a shame Kenyan Somalis arent proud of their Somali identity
Not true, they are proudly Somali to this day , the only problem is that we can all blame the British for partitioning this part of land and ceding it to its favourite subjects half a century ago.
Yes this had outraged the Somalis of NFD hence they were eager to join with their bigger siblings only to find out decades later that their siblings are not what they thought they seem to be.
Yes to an extent indoctrination affected them , being brainwashed by Said Barre's mouthpiece propaganda of a falsified promised which are implausible to accomplish if we're to discuss this realistically . But I am even more surprised that we never appreciate the struggles nor commemorate the causes they went through for fulfilling a senseless goal "merging with Somalia" so my question is.
Why aren't Somalis mentioning the resilience and determination of Kenyan Somalis longing to fight for the scramble of independence only to see their brothers backstab them , they were attatched to Soomaalinimo like a fetus attached to its umbilical cord,
They were known as Shiftas fighting for a lost cause for many years and eventually the expectations of their beloved brothers troubled them , Somalia had abandoned them by signing a peace treaty with Uhuru Kenyatta in the late 80's , which resulted in the Wagalla genocide and Somalis masses were comfortably dancing to kacaan music meanwhile the elites living in Villa Somalia just stood there unaddressing the massacres that took place in Wajir.

The Somali Kenyans concluded that Somalinimo was nothing but a political fairytale and they are smart enough to have noticed the flaws of this contradictory unlike Ethiopian Somalis.
Okay we will not deny that it was a bearing and difficult to process but overtime they overcame the obstacles and moved forward.
They have integrated , they are in government positions and part of the society.

But nonetheless reer NFD are prideful Somalis.

This is coming from someone who was born in the Jubbas , Southern Somalia.

Last edited:

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
Those sleeping with Kenyaan Madows are the ones living in destitute neighborhoods i grew up in Nairobi and the Somali girls i went to school with were of good akhlaaq and modest despite being forced to wear short skirts in school they used to find a way to wear long skirts and never threw their jilbab like ones in the west.

So kindly stop generalizing come up with figures and facts.
I've visited Kenya 3 times.They're a buncha weirdos who wear mini skirts underneath their abayas and Niqaabs. They turn up like their in Switzerland. I've never met FOBS more assimilated into gaalo culture. Let's be honest tho even the hooyo mataalos in the west would never date a jareeŕ. We only have a few but the vast majority of Somalis here stick with their own. The reason being we already know, "we're reer magaal" so we aint gotta pretend and date ajanabis. Hence the reason why it's always the FOBS who are doing the most. The sijus consider drinking, fuckin, chewing and assimilating another form of reer magaalnimo. That's why they're so surprised to see Somalis dating each other when they come to America. In their little minds they think we've all assimilated with the white man like they did with the Bantu :dead:

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
I've visited Kenya 3 times.They're a buncha weirdos who wear mini skirts underneath their abayas and Niqaabs. They turn up like their in Switzerland. I've never met FOBS more assimilated into gaalo culture. Let's be honest tho even the hooyo mataalos in the west would never date a jareeŕ. We only have a few but the vast majority of Somalis here stick with their own. The reason being we already know, "we're reer magaal" so we aint gotta pretend and date ajanabis. Hence the reason why it's always the FOBS who are doing the most. The sijus consider drinking, fuckin, chewing and assimilating another form of reer magaalnimo. That's why they're so surprised to see Somalis dating each other when they come to America. In their all minds they think we've assimilated with the white man like they did with the Bantu :dead:
Who lied to you :farmajoyaab: getting with a non-Somali is social suicide. Plus sijuis are religious af. You’re making it seem like the edoos and adeers do all of the above when you’ve most likely seen rebellious younger adults. You must have been in a trash part of town

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
Who lied to you :farmajoyaab: getting with a non-Somali is social suicide. Plus sijuis are religious af. You’re making it seem like the edoos and adeers do all of the above when you’ve most likely seen rebellious younger adults. You must have been in a trash part of town
Lol
I visited Eastleigh, dolhom, California (named after cali) Nairobi, and Mombasa.

The Somalis in Eastleigh are some of the least uncultured folks I have ever come across. Shiisha lounges in every cut, party halls and cheap hotels where you have teens coming in and out after a long night of allaha cafiyo. Most dont marry the Bantu due to the religion but believe me it ain't stopping them from linking up at one of these cheap hotels. They avoid the Somali owned hotels when with a jareeŕ.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Lol
I visited Eastleigh, dolhom, California (named after cali) Nairobi, and Mombasa.

The Somalis in Eastleigh are some of the least uncultured folks I have ever come across. Shiisha lounges in every cut, party halls and cheap hotels where you have teens coming in and out after a long night of allaha cafiyo. Most dont marry the Bantu due to the religion but believe me it ain't stopping them from linking up at one of these cheap hotels. They avoid the Somali owned hotels when with a jareeŕ.
I don’t know too much about eastleigh folk but what I do know is that most Somalis who live there are newer arrivals from Somalia, probably came in 2000s :sass2:

Trending