Kenyan Priest Praying for the Destruction of Somalia in His Congregation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
I think it has to do more with the economic standard of the Jews and Gunieas that were coming in. It was mostly Italian peasants from small villages in the back ass of nowhere that came to New York. If it’s economical, it takes a generation or 2 to stamp out the discrimination, which were the case for these folks.

The Irish potato farmers were spit on and abused as well.

I think the Irish were discriminated for behavioral reasons (alcoholism and backwards culture apparently) and how they hated Anglos (many early Americans were Anglo?), but there must have been a sliver of racial issues with dark ass Italians and the Semitic looking Jews. It couldn't just be cultural with them.

I think the Irish were discriminated for behavioral reasons (alcoholism and backwards culture apparently) and how they hated Anglos (many early Americans were Anglo?), but there must have been a sliver of racial issues with dark ass Italians and the Semitic looking Jews. It couldn't just be cultural with them.
There could of been with Jews but not that much with the Italians. Sure maybe when they 1st came and speaking a different language but you can’t tell majority of them from a regular American mutt so once they got through the language barrier and had some economic mobility, they were fine. They used to live among the blacks and they left them in the hood when all their kids grew up and started speaking English. :bell:

GemState

36/21
VIP
The Irish also got discriminated due to anti Catholic sentiments from the majority Protestants, similar to the Italians

Apollo

VIP
There could of been with Jews but not that much with the Italians. Sure maybe when they 1st came and speaking a different language but you can’t tell majority of them from a regular American mutt so once they got through the language barrier and had some economic mobility, they were fine. They used to live among the blacks and they left them in the hood when all their kids grew up and started speaking English. :bell:

There are a lot of Portuguese people in Luxembourg and they face same discrimination from the locals there.

Lol, white people can be racist towards darker whites.

There are a lot of Portuguese people in Luxembourg and they face same discrimination from the locals there.

Lol, white people can be racist towards darker whites.

It’s more to do with their socioeconomic status, those Portuguese are poorer than the richer people from Luxembourg. They don’t hate on them because they can tan easier lol.

Apollo

VIP
It’s more to do with their socioeconomic status, those Portuguese are poorer than the richer people from Luxembourg. It’s a classist. They don’t hate on them because they can tan easier lol.

They have been there for at least three generations now. This type of racism is very lowkey but exists.

They have been there for at least three generations now. This type of racism is very lowkey but exists.
It’s not racist. It’s classist. Those Portuguese are of a different social class. The natives society is hard to get into and be apart of. There closed off. It has nothing to do with the Portuguese slightly darker skin tone lol

And the Portuguese there have low rates of schooling and working in the labor force. That’s what leads to some of the discrimination.

Apollo

VIP
It’s not racist. It’s classist. Those Portuguese are of a different social class. The natives society is hard to get into and be apart of. There closed off. It has nothing to do with the Portuguese slightly darker skin tone lol

And the Portuguese there have low rates of schooling and working in the labor force. That’s what leads to some of the discrimination.

They are 20% of Luxembourg's population, when a group gets that big in terms of percentage you often see ethnic tensions.

They are 20% of Luxembourg's population, when a group gets that big in terms of percentage you often see ethnic tensions.
The Portuguese in my experience are construction workers and such. They seem pretty poor from the small sample size I seen.

Apollo

VIP
The Portuguese in my experience are construction workers and such. They seem pretty poor from the small sample size I seen.

Japanese are bit racist towards the Filipinos in their country.

This type of subtle racism is everywhere. It flies under the radar but exists.

Speaking of Southern Europeans
Here’s an article of Portuguese students being attacked in Poland after being mistaken for Muslim migrants
They look like Arabs... Andalusia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending