Kenyan girl working in Somalia Vlog

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Looks like they are learning Somali when she spoke with the other Kenyan at 7:45 mark

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Looks like they are learning Somali when she spoke with the other Kenyan at 7:45 mark
they’re kind of forced too lol, I saw chinese people in Hargeisa speaking broken somali lmao.

Somalis in Somalia 99% of them only know how to speak Somali. So you either swim or sink to learn somali and interact with people.

they’re kind of forced too lol, I saw chinese people in Hargeisa speaking broken somali lmao.

Somalis in Somalia 99% of them only know how to speak Somali. So you either swim or sink to learn somali and interact with people.
Foreigners should learn somali language and speak it if they want to work and live in somalia just like when somali ppl move to non somali countries they learn the language and speak no one forcing no one if tht case then all somali ppl tht live In non somali countries are force to learn the non somali language

Foreigners should learn somali language and speak it if they want to work and live in somalia just like when somali ppl move to non somali countries they learn the language and speak no one forcing no one if tht case then all somali ppl tht live In non somali countries are force to learn the non somali language

Do you have a sizeable number of foreigners to warrant any particular concerns about this?

People do have to learn the language of the host Nation in any case, so hangwringing about it is pointless.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Do you have a sizeable number of foreigners to warrant any particular concerns about this?

People do have to learn the language of the host Nation in any case, so hangwringing about it is pointless.

Somalis take a lot of pride in how they make others assimilate to their language and culture, don't make too much of it. A good historical example are the Gibil-Cad people of the Banaadir coast and the various Arab communities across the coastal towns from north to south like "Yemeni-Somalis". It's always been them adopting Somali and assimilating to our language and culture. Some Somalis take a lot of pride in that.

No and foreigners shouldnt have concern and complain about somali language since they diceded Come to somalia to work and live if they dont like they should go back to their countries

Somalis take a lot of pride in how they make others assimilate to their language and culture, don't make too much of it. A good historical example are the Gibil-Cad people of the Banaadir coast and the various Arab communities across the coastal towns from north to south like "Yemeni-Somalis". It's always been them adopting Somali and assimilating to our language and culture. Some Somalis take a lot of pride in that.
It is not about assimilate it about language of the country if non somali Come to somalia they should speak somali language in their business and others

I actually agree that people should speak the language of the host Nation; the Nubians of Sudan should have done precisely what the Somalis managed to achieve; the opposite happened and the Nubians became provincial in their own land while Arab culture became dominant and pre-eminent.

Trending

Latest posts