Kenya Lamu Port

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP

1716259505956.png

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
The Lamu Port is a major project being built by Kenya to trade with South Sudan and Ethiopia. They are investing over 22 billion building port, highways, and rail roads

1716259787132.png

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
Should create a lot of business and opportunities for somalis living in NFD especially in Garissa. Will be major for region if this happens and they actually build and get funding to complete rail system. Never seen 20+ billion dollar project in east africa even gerd dam was not that costly

Last edited:

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
There is also more rails being proposed to connect east africa no consideration for somalia. This will make it harder and harder for our ports to be competitive to serve other countries its so much cheaper to send freight by train
1716260897344.png

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
Its estimated rail is 3-4 times cheaper than trucks based on american study

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP

Ethiopia imported 8.7 million tons of cargo over the last six months, with half a million tons of goods and commodities flowing the other way. More than 95 percent of the cargo passed through Djibouti, while 2.75 percent (primarily coal imports) moved via Tadjourah, and 1.78 percent through Berbera.

The bulk of the imports was moved from Djibouti to Ethiopia using trucks, while the Railway transported 14.65 percent of the total. The containerization mandate stands at 60 percent.

The next few months I’ll be investing land around Lamu. Many Somalis have invested in lamu. Get it now before it’s too late.

Last edited:

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
The lagoon of Lamu will require much investing in order for it too become a full port very beautiful landform it is like Mombasa you know and Its like zanzibar... But also let me tell you one thing it is also Somali let me tell you I Know someone You know but also somalia has this land form as well because check the map near Kismayo you will see it I told you natural port which only requires light dreding and construction of a port structure...

Al shabab are very active in lamu. I believe this is one of the reason why this port has failed to take off even though the kenya govt has invested a lot in it

Trending