Kenya gains oil block L-26 & portions of blocks L-23 and L-24 in Maritime Case

horn-of-africa_extr-1-646x1024~2.png

TekNiKo

β€œI am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
All of those oil blocks belonged to Somalia entirely including L-26 and portions of others which Kenya now has
You seem real salty Somalia won eh? Making up fake news now. :mjlaugh:

No, most of L-26 belonged to Kenya, we claimed a sliver of it before ICJ ruling.
The line before and after is clear mate. The hatched area shows what concessions Somalia put out for bidding before 1991. L26 was almost two halves between Somalia and Kenya and L23 was fully owned by Somalia and L24 majority. Now kenya has stake at those blocks and full ownership of L26

horn-of-africa_extr-1-646x1024~2.png

Gokboru

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
You are 100% right! But once Somalia accepted that Kenya contest the sea in 2009 they were doomed to give up some.

Let's hope oil is in L21, L23, L 24

We lost sizable stakes in every other block particularly L26.
L-26 probably gives Kenya access to the same oil in the adjacent blocks on Somalias side. There is a reason why they were given the adjusted line and I think this was it. Qatar already has a contract for this block with kenya

"Masri said last week a maritime border dispute between Somalia and Kenya was also a challenge in L26 -- which sits squarely in an area both countries claim to be part of their offshore commercial acreage.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
L-26 probably gives Kenya access to the same oil in the adjacent blocks on Somalias side. There is a reason why they were given the adjusted line and I think this was it. Qatar already has a contract for this block with kenya

"Masri said last week a maritime border dispute between Somalia and Kenya was also a challenge in L26 -- which sits squarely in an area both countries claim to be part of their offshore commercial acreage.
So oil is in L-26.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
The fact that kenya is angry and dissatisfied with the heavily biased icj court ruling tells me that they don't have enough oil to satisfy their debts to china. Lets be honest none of that money was meant to build kenya for the locals anyway. It's all to pay off the chinese debts and now they are threatening war because somalia won the vas majority of the oil in jubbaland.

It's very telling judging from how upset they are at the ruling that was swayed in their favour. Lets not forget that the kenyans payed to have the entire area surveyed so they know exactly where the bulk of the oil resides.

They won the war for access to the high seas but at what cost......??

:pachah1: :russ:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
there's nothing to worry about, even though the ruling was not 100%, we have came out victorious :)

My bet is on L21 & L26 they both cover large area.

If the oil in L26 spills to Somalia we can still claim some of it like the massive gas field shared between Qatar & Iran

Trending

Latest posts