'Keeping a man'.

The phrase has always irked me and I always found it misogynistic. Why is it that men 'need to be kept', and women are shamed for their divorce when many women leave simply because their husbands couldn't/ wouldn't give them their rights?

It implies that relationships are one way, and that marriage is simply about male happiness. It also, got me wondering, if society is so obsessed with women fulfilling the needs of men and instructing women on being good wives, what about women's happiness? Women's emotional and physical needs?

Its beginning to dawn on me, that there is no emphasis on men 'keeping women' so do you think many men go into relationships with either no clue or at worse no care?

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
D105ECA0-0070-4755-A04D-1058CB2DB346.jpeg

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
That’s a great question. You’d think that women were made for the sole purpose of serving men...oh wait some do genuinely believe this.

It should be a two way street. Both men and women should be taught to fulfill their spouses needs. I don’t think that’s asking for too much.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Lol, stop with the retarded shit Huuno,you are a female and the ratio of women and men works against you, if you can't keep him happy then another women will, try your best otherwise you will be whining on SomaliSpot for ever.:)

Lol, stop with the retarded shit Huuno,you are a female and the ratio of women and men works against you, if you can't keep him happy then another women will, try your best otherwise you will be whining on SomaliSpot for ever.:)

Thats a fallacy. The ratio isn't that different. In China, there are more men than women, yet that view is still common there.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Thats a fallacy. The ratio isn't that different. In China, there are more men than women, yet that view is still common there.

I don't care about China but If you can't keep your husband happy then you have failed and you shouldn't be crying it online.

Let him find a submissive women who will make him happy,that is what men want,the western agenda of Feminism bullcrap doesn't work in the most countries of the world, don't let them make you believe in that bulshit and end up as a single mother.

I don't care about China but If you can't keep your husband happy then you have failed and you shouldn't be crying it online.

Let him find a submissive women who will make him happy,that is what men want,the western agenda of Feminism bullcrap doesn't work in the most countries of the world, don't let them make you believe in that bulshit and end up as a single mother.

So, basically marriage is a one way street? Why should women marry if their happiness isn't taken into account? If her rights are not being fulfilled, what is the point?

Ask yourself, why would a woman choose you? There are better and more handsome men in this world than you?

I can easily spin what you said on you. You've failed if you can't make her happy.

women like this never get far in marriage they end up as a garoob

A smart woman knows how to keep her man

You've not answered my question.

Btw, we have an abundance of under 25 year old year old garoobs in Somalia with two kids, so clearly what you are saying is not the case.

Western women, traditional women. Divorce rates are high.

Men dont really ask for much. Just a hot meal after a long days hard work and for the woman not to buuq to much.

Is that too much to ask for?!

Some men do. In life its scratch my back, i'll scratch yours. If both parties have that mentality, they'll easily have a winning marriage.

Last edited:
You've not answered my question.

Btw, we have an abundance of under 25 year old year old garoobs in Somalia with two kids, so clearly what you are saying is not the case.

Western women, traditional women. Divorce rates are high.
traditional women are on anther planet to western women every guy likes a traditional one its just they cant find many of them in west.

Western women are only good for having some fun with but when it comes to guur they are not ideal candidates at all

Xaruun

VIP
So now it’s misogynistic to treat your husband well? :mugshotman:
People talk about keeping women around too. Every time there’s a cheating thread or whatever somebody goes on about how the husband deserved to get screwed over and wasn’t satisfying her needs

traditional women are on anther planet to western women every guy likes a traditional one its just they cant find many of them in west.

Western women are only good for having some fun with but when it comes to guur they are not ideal candidates at all

Well, that is the problem with men like you. You can't keep any women as you lack manners and aklaaq. What good man talks about sleeping around?

I think you should focus on your duties of being a good husband and man, for starters stop advocating haraam.

Trending