K-pop obsession

Can someone please explain how and why the obsession with K-pop started in the somali female community? I am genuinely confused, what is the origin of this phenomenon?

K pop was once fringe, then it became popular because of excessive marketing. Somali girls want to fit in, kpop is popular now so they copy. Theres more complex mechanisms at play, but this is the jist of the situation.

I remember a time when K POP was niche and unheard of.

Keo

VIP
All girls are into it nowadays so it's no surprise that Somali girls would also be apart of that but I can't see how anyone would be into it after a certain age. I've actually known about kpop since 2007 because of the few Chinese and Korean kids at my school were into it but I'm surprised how far it has come. Back then hardly anyone knew about it apart from other Asians.

Last edited:
Idk
they can tell which one their favourite is from the other side of the earth meanwhile I can't tell two indhoyar apart from each other if I was shown just their faces
:hmm::hmm::hmm:
1593522795179.png

1593524430788.png

kkkkk

Last edited:

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
They bandwagon on the popularity of kpop and get sucked into that world. Also these girls aren’t into hiphop/rnb so they look for an alternative in kpop.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Let’s not pretend like it’s just a Somali female thing. It’s a worldwide phenomenon. Personally I could care less what type of music anyone is into

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
K pop is popular everywhere is taking over the Middle East aswell now many K pop singers are travelling to sing for the Arab audiences and get that Arab money. There’s also many Koreans marrying Arab women and vice versa. K dramas is making the oriental Asian men look attractive for the first in history it’s a world phenomenon. I also hear Russian women moving to Korea to find Korean husbands imao.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
K pop is popular everywhere is taking over the Middle East aswell now many K pop singers are travelling to sing for the Arab audiences and get that Arab money. There’s also many Koreans marrying Arab women and vice versa. K dramas is making the oriental Asian men look attractive for the first in history it’s a world phenomenon. I also hear Russian women moving to Korea to find Korean husbands imao.

abeeds getting cucked by ling ling :dead:

Keo

VIP
It hasn't done anything for the Korean/Asian guys in North America
Mostly for the kpop looking Koreans but not for other Asians like Japanese, Chinese, Filipinos etc... and definitely not Indians. That's why even the men get plastic surgery over there to look like the kpop stars. But there must be Korean men that are unhappy with kpop coz of how it emasculates Korean men.

Mostly for the kpop looking Koreans but not for other Asians like Japanese, Chinese, Filipinos etc... and definitely not Indians. That's why even the men get plastic surgery over there to look like the kpop stars. But there must be Korean men that are unhappy with kpop coz of how it emasculates Korean men.
Sxb I work with these dudes, they haven't benefited from K-pop in NA.

It's really desperate femc3ls into this crap. :mjlol:

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
Koop is better than hip hop tbh

100% at least k singers and actors go to university and are actually book smart and know how to invest well with their money and are peaceful people if Somali girls want to copy that then it’s better than following Western black rappers aka violent gangbangers