Justice for Shukri - Inquest ongoing

Salaams. I just wanted to introduce myself as one of the team from the Justice4Shukri campaign in memory of Shukri Abdi (Rahmatullah alaih) who drowned in the River Irwell last June in Bury, Greater Manchester. Alot of confusion has been made in terms of how this campaign was started so I would like to post an article regarding my own involvement and also articles from The Guardian who have followed the Inquest which started last Monday 24th February.

https://gal-dem.com/shukri-abdi-death-inquest-manchester-somali-community-activist/

http://chng.it/hM9cLM4v

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-12-year-old-refugee-who-drowned-inquest-told

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-as-shukri-abdi-drowned-in-river-inquest-told

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...pushed-around-before-she-drowned-inquest-told

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-girl-feared-getting-into-trouble-over-outing

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
thank you for the updates. can you touch on the confusion you mentioned in your post? many on this forum have been following the campaign since the very beginning and would appreciate any additional information.

MadMullah99

Boqor of Boqors. The man your wife fantasises of.
Good info :nvjpqts:

I would like to remind everyone that the UK is still a very racist country. From Careers to Justice; us Somalis should never think otherwise and try to waste energy and time to “correct” things as that is the way they are.

Without pressure this case will be swept under the rug.

I hope the kid gets justice. Very unfortunate.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
More people needs to be aware of this. Is sad i still havent seen shukri abdi story on the news only online smh please update us on anything

We have experienced hostility from a few within the Somali community who did not want/like us helping the family. The confusion for us as asians and of mixed race backgrounds was why, when our focus and aim was simply to expose the story as fully as possible as members living in the Bury community and get the story out via a trusted network of journalists, experienced activists and legal representatives who would make sure the family's story was told from their mouths.

We have experienced hostility from a few within the Somali community who did not want/like us helping the family. The confusion for us as asians and of mixed race backgrounds was why, when our focus and aim was simply to expose the story as fully as possible as members living in the Bury community and get the story out via a trusted network of journalists, experienced activists and legal representatives who would make sure the family's story was told from their mouths.

Myself and Maz Saleem have not been in paid employment for 8 months to support the family and fight for this inquest in the face of many many obstacles.I dont think many understand how mentally and physically exhausting this has been but we had to do it for the family to get justice.

For updates, we have the Justice4Shukri FB page and only use The Guardian's Diane Taylor, 5 Pillars Roshan Salih and Press TV's Rob Carter. They have been an absolutely brilliant support to us and the family in getting their truth out.

MadMullah99

Oh I thought you was Somali. Hmm. That is strange, and it is best not to jump to conclusions. They probably have their own reasons for that.

Thanks for the work anyways mate. You are setting a stepping stone for vulnerable Muslim kids in the future kids to not end up like that.

MadMullah99

Myself and Maz Saleem have not been in paid employment for 8 months to support the family and fight for this inquest in the face of many many obstacles.I dont think many understand how mentally and physically exhausting this has been but we had to do it for the family to get justice.
Your sacrifice is greatly appreciated but do not suffer for this as well. Hard work does not = equal productivity.

Make sure to look after yourself too.

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator

thank you for your hard work. don’t let the actions of a few discourage you from doing what is in your power to get this family the justice they deserve. insha allah your sacrifices will all pay off in the end.

thank you for your hard work. don’t let the actions of a few discourage you from doing what is in your power to get this family the justice they deserve. insha allah your sacrifices will all pay off in the end.

Ameen Ya Rabb

Obviously it's a murder, how many somali kids I know that got pushed into a lake by their friends and died. They never catch the culprit because the somali community never press the government. If the kid was white there would have been an investigation into the school and the teachers.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Obviously it's a murder, how many somali kids I know that got pushed into a lake by their friends and died. They never catch the culprit because the somali community never press the government. If the kid was white there would have been an investigation into the school and the teachers.
she wasnt pushed but she was lured to her death she was threatened to get in the river or else the girl was going to kill her than purposely let go of her the culprit knew she couldnt swim this was intended murder.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
THIS IS THE WOMEN WHO JEPEORIDEZED SHUKRI ABDI CASE AND MADE ZAMZAM SHUKRI MOTHER UPSET SHE STORMED AT THE INQUESTAND FILED A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE TRANSLATION EVEN THOUGH ZAMZAM SAID IT WAS FINE SHE IS A TYPICAL SJW BLM WHO DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE GRIEF SHE HAS CAUSED THE FAMILY

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
What did she do ??
she almost jeopardized the case and delayed the Inquest. Of it wasn't for her shukri inquest would have been concluded in February but the is to her shukri case is adjourned. She submitted a complaint about shukri mother translation even though her somali translator was fine

Trending